Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

building front end need input.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default building front end need input.

i purchased a halfway finnished race car about a year ago. when i bought the car the previous owner was in the middle of widening the front frame when he lost interest/funding/whatever.

the car is my charger on 32x14 m/t drags with a spool rear. the car will see almost all track time but i will be crusing the car on an occasion. now for my question.

its time to put build a front end for the car, and im seeking opinions. the car will be getting a mustang2 style rack and pinnion for steering.

what suspension style should i go with? Strut? IFS? somthing else?

i really need to be able to "feel" the road and save as much weight as possable.

thanks in advance guys.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you checked what would fit? The only thing that pops into my mind is the pinto, mustang II, volare or 3rd gen camaro front clip.

I never cared for a strut style. Try and stick to the better SLA style. I guess your completely open looking at the car. Maybe talk to a hot rod shop.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, anything i do will have to be fabbed up. im actually doing the front end with a buddy (owns speeddirect.com) and we will be using vette a-arms. we have pretty much unlimited resources ($ being the only real factor) we can make about anything. im really jsut wondering what style i should build off of.

why dont you like strut style?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by THE_SUPRA
why dont you like strut style?
It's just inferior. It was made to save weight and space and never for any type of performance use. If your just going to cruise the car, then it would probably be fine.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here's a cool setup.

It's a C4 spindle.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

verrrry nice! Im thinking about a dual a-arm setup like that, using my supra brakes(ill be upgrading thoes pretty soon) that does look pretty damn good. thanks for the help.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can also get the 4 piston Brembo calipers from the caddy CTS-V complete with pads for $166 each. C5 spindles (maybe C4?) will fit the C6 Z06 14" rotors if your going big.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks again bud! I decided im going to go with a dual a-arm setup, and since i have a blank canvis, im 95% sure im going to use the supra spindle/front brakes.

that way i have an excuse to upgrade to bigger front brakes on the supra, and i can buy one set of front runners (if the supra is ever fast enough for it to make a freakin difference)

Quick Reply: building front end need input.