Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need some work in my car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some work in my car.

I just moved to seattle from Idaho. My car is to arrive shortly with a couple problems. I need a clutch install, sub-frame connectors, and a good tune. Who would you guys recommend? Looking forward to meeting some of you guys here.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CharlieSS
I just moved to seattle from Idaho. My car is to arrive shortly with a couple problems. I need a clutch install, sub-frame connectors, and a good tune. Who would you guys recommend? Looking forward to meeting some of you guys here.
You've got 2 choices TJ or Ellis. Both are great guys, it all depends on whether you want to go to Vancouver, Wa or Monroe, Wa, and what your time frame to get this done is.

I'm sure they'll both chime in soon.

Welcome!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Ellis is going to be closer to you if you are in the greater Seattle area. But like Rey said, Ellis (Monroe) or TJ (Vancouver/Portland area) are the local mod gods.

BTW welcome to the area.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

I can do the clutch & sfc's but not the tune...
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Staging Lane

It feels good to be here. I am hoping to get serious this year and make it into the 9's here in the Seattle area.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where abouts in seattle are you? i just got my clutch installed by ellis (twofast4lv), he does awesome work.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
I can do the clutch & sfc's but not the tune...
Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, but Jason, if you are free next weekend, if all goes as planned I will be hopefully switching out my springs. Wanna give us a hand if you can? Could deffinetly use your help, your deffinetly knew what you were doing last time.

And sidewayz28, if you ever need an extra hand with anything, shoot me a PM, I'm always glad to help. And just to let you know, my favoret form of payment is beer, lol. I'm just up in the bothell everett area, so I'm just a couple minute away.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CharlieSS
It feels good to be here. I am hoping to get serious this year and make it into the 9's here in the Seattle area.
We need a 9 runner to get some serious glue to the group - but as you can see we are lacking in true shops to help get there
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GEARHED
We need a 9 runner to get some serious glue to the group - but as you can see we are lacking in true shops to help get there

Its hard to get to the nines. I still need to get a cage in this car, and some other things. I am trying to get around 10.70 N/A since my car went 11.1 in higher elevations. My car hopefully will be here in 2 weeks. I live in Issaquah, most of my neighbors own cobras or STI's. Haven't really seen any F-bodies here. Where you all hiding at?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Issaquah?? You see a ,.......eh,....RED VET??? Just wave its probably VETRED. ...........
Old 04-22-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will see cars in the nines this year.

UN like other parts of the country up here you MUST be NRHA legal to run them. That means a full cage, full suit, and a Licence. Pretty easy stuff but when you are working 16-20 hour days on other peoples stuff it takes a while

Which reminds me Amy I am about ready to fix the Trans Am Shoot me a call today!

BTW One of the reasons for the lack of shops is the cost of doing business and the way Washington state hates them. MUCH easier and cheaper to have shops in the lower states where they have a much larger customer base and less regulations

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 04-22-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
You will see cars in the nines this year.

UN like other parts of the country up here you MUST be NRHA legal to run them. That means a full cage, full suit, and a Licence. Pretty easy stuff but when you are working 16-20 hour days on other peoples stuff it takes a while

Which reminds me Amy I am about ready to fix the Trans Am Shoot me a call today!

BTW One of the reasons for the lack of shops is the cost of doing business and the way Washington state hates them. MUCH easier and cheaper to have shops in the lower states where they have a much larger customer base and less regulations
Wholly crap! And amazing, all the parts are here!

True about the laws up here, it makes it tough. You can check PFYC and a few other sponsors, they are in your back yard!