Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

guldstrand industries PHB??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guldstrand industries PHB??

Is this a reputable company? My car that I bought already had it installed. It is single adjustable. I looked on their sight but it looked like they only sold parts 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen parts for F bodies and also corvette parts. thanks for the opinions guys
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google Dick Guldstrand and then ask again.

I worked grid at a 50th anniversary celebration of the Vette at Texas Motorspeedway a couple years ago and Mr. Guldstrand was there with several GM and SCCA muckety-Mucks.

Dick and passenger launched out of the pits in a blue haze of tire smoke in some sort of bad-*** sounding C5 Vette and commenced to destroy a set of tires, just hanging the thing out for all it was worth.

After 4 or 5 laps, he came in with the tongue hanging out of the Vette and him grinning from ear to ear, and told some GM guy that they were close to getting it right, with a wink wink, nod nod. And then proclaimed "I still got it."

Dick Guldstrand is 80 years old!

Looking back, I honestly think the Vette was a C5 with the LS7 motor in it. GMPP was there with several cars on display, like the Penske/Donahue Sunoco tribute 4th gen Camaro and the 4th gen Trans AM with a shaker on it. So, it's possible ...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Launching!

what I need to know is if he even makes stuff for the ls1 cars. it doesnt show it on the website
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

doesn't really matter, a PHB is very easy to make...and a PHB is the same for 3rd and 4th gens IIRC

Carlos (carlos01SS) has had Guldstrands' guys setup his suspension...as soon as he gets his rear Koni's replaced he's going in for them to get it corner weighted
Old 04-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Launching!

cool, thanks. that makes me feel better
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
doesn't really matter, a PHB is very easy to make...and a PHB is the same for 3rd and 4th gens IIRC

Carlos (carlos01SS) has had Guldstrands' guys setup his suspension...as soon as he gets his rear Koni's replaced he's going in for them to get it corner weighted
Well actually, it's my stuff under his car. While they did the mechanical work, it's my setup more than anything.

As for the PHB. It has nothing to do with whether or not Dick Guldstand and his company are reputable and well known. Certainly he is a legend. It has to do with the design of the bar. I don't know what that is. I can't find a picture, or even a description of it.

The biggest, baddest PHB there is is $169, dual-rod ended, powedercoated, chrome-moly. I can also do single adjustable PHB's for $99 too (as well as another type @ $129 with easier adjustment). I'd be happy to explain the differences and pros and cons of each to you on the phone.

I'm not saying in any way that the item you ask about is junk. Frankly I can't see it, but I know what the strongest bars are built with and what $99 bars are like in comparison.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm confused ... Guldstrand consults with you on setup?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I'm confused ... Guldstrand consults with you on setup?
As I remember, from an old thread, Carlos had guildstrand install the stuff he bought from Sam. So, they turned the wrenches, but didn't set up that car. I may be incorrect on that though, but that's what I remember.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Trackbird would be exactly correct. My parts, my recommendations, the installed them. Carlos is on here somewhere, I'm sure he can tell you himself if he's so inclined.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay ... makes sense now.

I was beginning to think Sam was the man. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trackbird
As I remember, from an old thread, Carlos had guildstrand install the stuff he bought from Sam. So, they turned the wrenches, but didn't set up that car. I may be incorrect on that though, but that's what I remember.

thats what i meant by setup Sam...Guldstrand has installed all suspension components (that YOU and Carlos decided on and purchased through you), and they set the ride height on the GCs and did his alignment...and recent re-adjustment of GCs...sorry for the misleading post..

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Trackbird would be exactly correct. My parts, my recommendations, the installed them. Carlos is on here somewhere, I'm sure he can tell you himself if he's so inclined.

he's in Mexico with the wifey til next week..lucky bastard
Old 04-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Launching!

so has anyone used this bar??

Quick Reply: guldstrand industries PHB??