Final opinions...New Tundra Vs. New Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final opinions...New Tundra Vs. New Chevy

Ok, I know alot of yall talk alot of crap about me posting **** about cars Im going to buy and thats cause im very picky and cheap. haha. I have to get the best for my money..And in the past yall have not steered my wrong when it came to my ls1 cars.

Ive decided between these 2 trucks...The truck will not be for hauling or off road. Will just be to drive and occasionaly move stuff.

The new tundra had better technology with the 6 speed tranny and WAYY better brake system than the chevy...Also the tundra has alot more power. The chevy on the other hand is a CHEVY....AMERICAN....still a nice truck. Alittle smaller then the tundra but also can be had for cheaper. The two trucks im comparing are both Texas Editions..both come stock with 20's, running boards.....Im leaning more towards the tundra but the chevy has some cool features. 100k warranty...remote start and gets alittle better fuel economy on the freeway.
Give me your opinions please.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

If it's just to drive occasionally and move stuff I wouldn't be so worried about the hwy mpg's or the remote start.

Does the 100k warranty cover everything important?

Generally I would say buy an American made vehicle, but don't let that be your deciding factor. Toyota makes a good truck these days somehow. Although I have heard their commercials are BS.
Banned

The Brakes Are Not Better In The Tundra. They Gtell You They Are Better But Check The Stopping Distance And The Chevy Is Better. Also With Their Fancy 6 Speed Tranny The Gas Mileage Is Still Worse. I Would Stay Away From The Toyota. I Will Bet You That They Will Have Some Big Recalls Like Their Cars Have As Well Right Now. Toyota Is Growing To Fast To Make A Good Truck Right Now. Hell I Work For A Ford Dealer So I Am Neutral. I Would Buy The Chevy.
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silverado with VHO package.

The reason the brakes are so big is because the Tundra weighs a lot.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go with the Chevy. The 100k mile warranty covers alot more than you think. I work at a chevrolet dealer, but my girlfriend drives a 06 4runner.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Both are nice trucks, I'd go with a more proven LSX engine in the GM trucks though. Who cares about six speeds if they get worse gas mileage? GM also has a pretty sweet rear differential in their 2wd trucks that nearly makes 4x4 trucks obsolete. That thing senses which wheel has traction and applies it to the proper tire. Saw some cool vids on it in action.

Flip a coin, you probably will like either of them.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Although the tundra isn't american, it is made in the U.S.A.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by slow14U
Although the tundra isn't american, it is made in the U.S.A.
...and my Chevy was made in Canada. Hard to tell what's foreign and what's domestic anymore.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Launching!

TUNDRA!

We got ours a few weeks ago and its killer.

I need to post up some pics
Old 04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by G-Z06
TUNDRA!

We got ours a few weeks ago and its killer.

I need to post up some pics
hell ya let me see it...and what one did you get?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club NA

No offense to those who have one or like 'em, but I think the new Tundra look like

I'm just not a fan of the looks. Too curvy for me. Now this is just my opinion, which is what you were asking for.

If it were between the new Tundra and Chevy, the Chevy hands down. But me personally, I like the GMCs way better.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
Silverado with VHO package.

The reason the brakes are so big is because the Tundra weighs a lot.
vho??
Old 04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned

I Do Like The Tundra Interior. But The Outside Is Fugly. The Grill Looks Terrible. The Only Cool Thing Is The Size Of The Crew Cab Back Doors. They Are Huge And The Seats Recline In Back. Other Than That I Dont Like The Looks.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

I would deffinately go with the proven GM truck. It may have less power but its faster, gets better MPG and tows more, which points to why the Tundra has such big brakes, its heavy.

ALso, dont go by the toyota commercials, they have been proven to be misleading. Like the see saw one. They made out like it was hauling 10000 lbs up the see saw, but it was actually a TOTAL of 10000 lbs including the truck. And when it was going down the see saw, they talked about how strong the brakes were stopping all that weight but it was later said that the trailer had trailer brakes and we all know that trailer brakes do most of the stopping down hills.

I like the tundra also, but I hate it when they try to decieve you in commercials. Just like every time I hear Ford claim thier trucks have been the best selling trucks. Nowhere near true when you compare GM and Ford truck sales, and we all know the GMC's and Chevrolet trucks are the same truck.

Good luck on your purchase either way. I'm sure you'd enjoy them both a lot!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
I would deffinately go with the proven GM truck. It may have less power but its faster, gets better MPG and tows more, which points to why the Tundra has such big brakes, its heavy.

ALso, dont go by the toyota commercials, they have been proven to be misleading. Like the see saw one. They made out like it was hauling 10000 lbs up the see saw, but it was actually a TOTAL of 10000 lbs including the truck. And when it was going down the see saw, they talked about how strong the brakes were stopping all that weight but it was later said that the trailer had trailer brakes and we all know that trailer brakes do most of the stopping down hills.

I like the tundra also, but I hate it when they try to decieve you in commercials. Just like every time I hear Ford claim thier trucks have been the best selling trucks. Nowhere near true when you compare GM and Ford truck sales, and we all know the GMC's and Chevrolet trucks are the same truck.

Good luck on your purchase either way. I'm sure you'd enjoy them both a lot!
your the 1st guy to say the chevy is faster? anyone else coment on this..I mean I realy dont care how fast it is...its a truck
Old 04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Launching!

The tundra is ugly as sin. But we test drove the gmc z71 and the new tundra hands down the tundra is the best truck out there. The yota has alot of power im a firm believer in the chevy/gmc trucks but man once you test drive the tundra all that goes out the window when you feel the shear power over the gmc or chevy. There both fine trucks, its whatever you like. looks=gmc or chevy. Power=tundra
Old 04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WildBills WS6/SS
your the 1st guy to say the chevy is faster? anyone else coment on this..I mean I realy dont care how fast it is...its a truck
True

I believe it was popular mechanics I read the shoot out in. Im sure its minimal and even different in other magazines' shoot outs.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hardtopz28
The tundra is ugly as sin. But we test drove the gmc z71 and the new tundra hands down the tundra is the best truck out there. The yota has alot of power im a firm believer in the chevy/gmc trucks but man once you test drive the tundra all that goes out the window when you feel the shear power over the gmc or chevy. There both fine trucks, its whatever you like. looks=gmc or chevy. Power=tundra

Didnt GM get Truck of the year from Motortrend?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

chevy hands down.....u can very easily make them look pimp

Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
Didnt GM get Truck of the year from Motortrend?
I heard that was because the Tundra wasn't even in the running because it wasn't officially out yet or something. Also heard that MT did a review later of the TOTY and the Tundra and that they rated the Tundra higher. I haven't seen any proof of either statement for myself, just repeating what I heard from someone else.

Quick Reply: Final opinions...New Tundra Vs. New Chevy