LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dealing with LS1 people..

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Dealing with LS1 people..

I'll post this here since I pretty much reperesent the LT1 still, and I have played with it plenty of times..
How many of you have dealt with the "I have an LS1, so I can be a cocky *******.." people. I am just wondering as to your experiences, cause I got a bunch of people hatin on my setup, a few that I know are cool, but all kinds of people are being douches..
What I had was keeping up with them and that was a "junk LT1" according to some, and what I am about to build is going to tear them a new ***, and look like that "junk LT1"
Probably hurting their EGO...something is faster than them.. and it looks older so someone is goin to give them **** somewhere..
Edit: I will say that my friends with LS1's are cool, we talk all the time, I am sure that there are others as well, but you regularly run into a cocky terd time and time again..

Last edited by the_merv; 05-06-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ran into that as well, but as soon as the little ol' LT1 tears by them open header, they tend to start back-pedaling. I actually sold the LT1 and I am switching to an iron block 6 liter. As far as anyone else knows, with the hood down its still a crapy LT1.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I run with about 25 or so LS1 guys from time to time around here. They all of course will talk **** until they get this view

Then all is well, I take my stock CI LT1 and go on about my business. and love it!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBiz
I actually sold the LT1 and I am switching to an iron block 6 liter. As far as anyone else knows, with the hood down its still a crapy LT1.
I'm right there with ya..
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

People that act like that are retarded, but they won't know the feeling til the new camaro comes out and those guys are giving them crap about there slow LS1...
To me it's all GM muscle....and It's awesome! On top of that I haven't found any LS1's in my town that could make me look bad!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

lol have i. i just raced my buddy last night in his ls1 T/A 6 speed, intake/full exhaust. ever since he knew i cammed it all ive heard is " slow lt1, your gonna lose, blah blah blah" long story short i won haha. he wasnt happy. first thing i said to him was....so hows it feel losing to an LT1? was it as shitty as everyone makes it out to be? " now another buddy of mine wants to run me with his identical car, except its a camaro. i hope the results are the same cause hes equally as arrogant. but theyre both cool kids im friends with, they just are a little overconfident in their rides quick as they may be.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

The Stock LS2 dominates the LS1..but not everyone has one of them either. Walk outside and throw a rock, you will hit a LS1, or a Mustang...
One of my friends that was reading some of this forum said the LT1 section is where people actually seem cool..everywhere else they are ********, it's a party in here
I got a guy here with a H/C LS1, the Heads are smaller than mine, and the Cam is smaller, he says that it will be a close race to my LS2 when I get it done..there's your overconfidence...
When we do race I hope it's infront of a bunch of people, cause I'll tell them it's a LT1..
Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha... i know some people like that... namely my buddy with an 05 goat. (11 second car)

whenever he gets too cocky i just remind him that my cars paid off
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol we have hardly any LS1 F-body's here or LT1 F-body's just mustangs and rice its horrible the semi modded mustang guys think there **** is ***** out when its just slow just because you beat a civic with a body kit and exhaust doesn't mean your fast. Also a lot of DSMs and evo's lol
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Yea, a couple of my ls1 buddys talk ALL DAY about there car and once I start to say something about mine "oh those lt1s are junk,garbage,ect..." But they expect me to listen to all there dreams... LOL

One of my really close friends always says "once I put a stall in mine it will be just as fast as you" This kid has a ws6 with headers and a lid and pulled a 12.7et two years later he dosent have a stall........LOL

And yea I saw like 8 ls1 cars today alone.............way to many of them!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irish350
whenever he gets too cocky i just remind him that my cars paid off
I use that one too, and $50/month for everything but collision
Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love LT1's, just prefer the headlight setup of the LS1 cars. I also refer to my ls1 car as junk because it is junk and certainly not fast enough yet. You Lt1 guys need to go solid roller 396 and shutup all the haters.

An f-bod is an f-bod, right?

Marty
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

i dont deal with em. i just crack that ***! and never open my hood to disclose mods. i just say its a cam only lt1!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
You Lt1 guys need to go solid roller 396 and shutup all the haters.

An f-bod is an f-bod, right?

Marty
That thing probably sounds like a Sewing Machine all Solid Roller..

F-body is F-body, but you can't really compare them to anything else cause they all stomp the **** out of the Mustang GT's, and Chrysler now has the Charger, haven't seen too much of that in action..the ones that I have seen are alright..
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont give a **** if their cocky, easier to take their money, I once got a stock ls1 TA to set my buddies LT1 out 10 cars and watch it move the race was on a short *** road too. Thanks for the money pal
Old 05-04-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

All my friends drive Mustangs....you should hear what I have to deal with!!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Hopefully not much after you tear them up in that..
Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my best friends drive's a '04 Comp G GTP and rags on my LT1 all the time. Tells me to go up to the real motor(LS1) and all this ****. I told him that the LS1 may be faster for the most part but mine's paid for He owes 14k on his GTP and is getting sick of it already. There was a kid tonight cockin' me off in his '94 Mustang GT then i started my Z up and he was still talkin' trash. Gave the 'ol LT1 some gas and with the LT's and catted Magnaflow system and he's like "I ain't ******' with that" I told him i'd race him for $$ and he's just said he didn't have it to loose I don't get alot of **** from LS1 guys as around here they seem to know my car has a reputation for being an *** kicker. I LOVE my LT1 and nobody is gonna change that....
Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
I LOVE my LT1 and nobody is gonna change that....
Love those LS1 SS Rims on there..J/P
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the_merv
I'll post this here since I pretty much reperesent the LT1 still, and I have played with it plenty of times..
How many of you have dealt with the "I have an LS1, so I can be a cocky *******.." people. I am just wondering as to your experiences, cause I got a bunch of people hatin on my setup, a few that I know are cool, but all kinds of people are being douches..
What I had was keeping up with them and that was a "junk LT1" according to some, and what I am about to build is going to tear them a new ***, and look like that "junk LT1"
Probably hurting their EGO...something is faster than them.. and it looks older so someone is goin to give them **** somewhere..

Amen brotha lol. They're becoming more of an ******* (if that's possible) because they now no there days are number. Soon as the new camaro hits the street, guys that can swing it will go out and get the 5th gen and of course guys like and me (I'm highly considering on doing a LS2 swap into the Z) are gonna tear them a new ******* as well.

See the real touchiness of the subject is that there not going to be #1 anymore. The Ls1 is the frontiers men to the new age but time rolls on and guess what hand that LS1 a walker and a pair of bifocals lol, cause you a old mothafucker now lol. I tell that **** to this guy that sortive hangs out with some of my friends. He is one of those cocky mothers that thinks his **** is just gold (99 T/A).

I'm glad there are still people like you out there, you keep the cocky bastards in line man. Even though I'm doing an LS1 frontend conv that's kind of why I was thinking of holding onto the lt1, and modding the **** out of it. It's either that or I'm going to the LS2 this winter. But I'm lovin what your doing man. Hell maybe I'll do something like that to my six cyclinder (daily driver). Own there *** in a sixer lol.

Quick Reply: Dealing with LS1 people..