Pit Bull needs home

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pit Bull needs home

Someone I know found a female pit bull near her home. My friend can't take care of the dog because the female pit doesn't like her cows. She put an ad on Craigslist if anyone is interested.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pet/326032347.html
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

bump for great dogs.
If I didn't already have one in my apartment...
Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a male pit. He's so adorable. I hope somebody decent has a home for the little lady.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

If I didn't already have 3 other dogs and horses, I'd take it for sure.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zangel
My friend can't take care of the dog because the female pit doesn't like her cows.
So the pit wants to eat the cow? That'll be good in a house.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Fiery Features Director

She said that the pit does very well around people, just not so well around the other animals. The pit has been in her house and she hasn't had any other problems. In fact, she said that the dog is picking up on verbal actions very quickly. I think this would be a good dog for a family that doesn't have cows in the backyard Obviously she can't keep the pit, so hopefully she can find a good home. Otherwise, she might have to take the dog to the pound where I'm guessing she will be put to sleep.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Wish I could take it, thats a nice looking pit! Alot of pits are extremely protective of themselves/owners and their surroundings. Thats probaly why it does not like the other animals.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

No shelters in the Houston area adopt pits. They ALL get put down. If you bring it to them, it gets put in the express lane.

How old is she BTW?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
No shelters in the Houston area adopt pits. They ALL get put down. If you bring it to them, it gets put in the express lane.

How old is she BTW?
She doesn't know how old she is or any history. She found the dog around her house. She tried putting up found posters, but no one has responded. She also called all the pounds in the area to see if anyone called about the missing dog. It looks like someone just abandoned her.

BTW -- My friend has two other dogs that this pit gets along with really well. She just doesn't like large four leg animals for some reason.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

just leave her alone i pick it up this weekend
Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

For the record, pits are extremely good pets. The reason a lot of them get a bad rap is because of douchebag owners. Every pit I've ever known who has a decent human being for an owner is excellent around people. My gf's step-sister has 2 pits (M&F) and 2 children, and the pits even used to give the little ones piggy-back rides around the house. Furthermore, my pit is the most loyal dog I know and is VERY protective of me AND all my friends.

TTT for a great pet in need of a good owner.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
For the record, pits are extremely good pets. The reason a lot of them get a bad rap is because of douchebag owners. Every pit I've ever known who has a decent human being for an owner is excellent around people. My gf's step-sister has 2 pits (M&F) and 2 children, and the pits even used to give the little ones piggy-back rides around the house. Furthermore, my pit is the most loyal dog I know and is VERY protective of me AND all my friends.

TTT for a great pet in need of a good owner.

Won't argue that at all. I think too alot of it has to do with being overbred and inbreeding by alot of breeders, think micheal vicks cousin. I for one have 2 boxers and a pit and a cat in the house and they all get along great. In fact my pit is the lowest animal on the totem pole in the house, the damn cat can run her off of her food bowl. She is protective of the house, but you want that from a dog. And on a side note, my pit and my boxer pup have gotten attacked by our neighbors Jack Russel Terrier just for getting too close to the fence when using the bathroom.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

I looove my pit, hes a great dog. good luck finding a home. Its too bad they have a bad rap