Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Las Vegas/Nevada Members

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Las Vegas/Nevada Members

I'm moving to Las Vegas in about 3 weeks or so.

Wondering what (if any) are the local car forums that you guys use out there.

Just wanting to get into the scene when i get out there and meet some cool people etc....

thanks!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have time, please keep in touch with me, I would love to hear how it is from someone not trying to sell us a house. My wife wants to move there this winter. I've been trying to get info also. I need to find a racecar shop, and can't find crap online. If you make it to the track, I wanted to know how it is racing in a frigging desert. At least you will be closer to sea level. Good luck on the move.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

If you have time, please keep in touch with me, I would love to hear how it is from someone not trying to sell us a house. My wife wants to move there this winter. I've been trying to get info also. I need to find a racecar shop, and can't find crap online. If you make it to the track, I wanted to know how it is racing in a frigging desert. At least you will be closer to sea level. Good luck on the move.

Here is shop for you and they are even a site sponcer...
http://www.cmotorsports.com/
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Did that website used to belong to combination motorsports?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by craparo
Did that website used to belong to combination motorsports?
Looks like it is or was?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

I was living in Vegas and raced at the track for about a year. Closest thing that I saw to a race shop out there was Combination Motorsports. Racing in the desert (even though it's a very nice facility) isn't all that great (well, I guess it's an improvement to Denver). DA there is usually in the mid 2,000's to low 3,000's. at least track prep is pretty nice on race days.

As for living there, it's pretty dusty, either really hot or cold (only about 3 'nice' months out of the year), and pretty dam crowded (I drive through the heart of LA quite often and I thought the traffic in Vegas was REDICULOUS when anywhere near the strip (don't think about going within 10 miles of it durring rush hour) not counting weekend traffic. I didn't like it, personally so I moved back to my home town.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

I've been out there many times (not just for "VEGAS") and I actually drove my car out there once and ran down the track there, so I'm not going blindly.

I actually like it there, I was born in Tucson and I like it hot and dry (call me crazy) I love Colorado....from about mid may to mid september, the rest of the time I pretty much hate it. and yes the altitude sucks. I ran a best of 13.8 @ 103 when my car was completely stock, and that is super fast for a stock LS1 up here. so that should tell ya something.

But the main reason is to be closer to my son who just turned 8, so that is most important.

BTW I'm an ASE master Tech, so I have no need for a speed shop anyway lol.

thanks for the info so far guys! any more?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

I live in vegas and the car scene is actually pretty well developed. Some of the most high powered supras and vipers are out here, not to mention a fair amount of fbody's. The main hub for a lot of cars/ car clubs is lvfbody.com. Feel free to hit me up if youd like to get into the scene and meet some of the locals. Looks like a nice t/a you got there too.

Later
Daniel
Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

XS HP, thanks man. I actually found that site earlier tonight and registered there.

I'll be out there this weekend actually until wednesday, but not with my car though.

I should be out there for good the first week of june!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:22 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Hey Nine, thanks for the reply. I worded it wrong. I need a shop to run my team from. A warehouse or commercial building, to buy or rent. I have a big shop here in Illinois and really like working out of something big enough you can lock up everything. Rig, trailers, toys ect. Thanks.

Hey GTO, can you please, call my wife, I don't want to go. We just found a great gated community that allows out buildings. We have everything approved and paid for to start construction. We had a child pass away, and now she wants to move away from all our friends & family and start over for some reason?? I can't seem to talk her out of this.

Chaos, children come 1st, you're being a good dad, best wish's to you & yours.

Last edited by mrdragster1970; 05-09-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

mrdragster1970 I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine. Maybe when you get out there and I'm out there we can meet up. looks like you have one hell of a beast there!!

Quick Reply: Las Vegas/Nevada Members