Justice was served!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Mustang Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Justice was served!

Just checked my mail, and I have received a check for $329.06 from the City's Juvenile Probation Department.

Almost a year ago my car was broken into while at work. They didn't get anything as I'm guessing they were spooked off, but I still had to pay to get the window that they smashed replaced as well as re-tinted.

I called the police and filed a report, they came out and got a couple partial prints. I knew the chance that they'd catch the guy was slim to none. I just wanted the information on file in case they caught the guy later and needed more against him in order to build a stronger case.

About 8 months after I filed the report I got a call, they had caught the kid(he was a juvenile) and were taking him to court. They had me send in my receipts, and I filled out some detailed paperwork for them and sent that in as well.

A few months after that I got a few letters with the kid's court date, which they kept postponing. I wasn't sure if I would get ANY money back, but when I got the check the letter said the parents were forced to pay the restitutions to the County, and the County is who reimbursed me.

Basically this is a big thanks to the Police Officers as well as the DA that got this case taken care of. I had all but lost faith in our legal system, but every now and then it will shine and do as its supposed to: punish those who are guilty.

Once again huge thanks to Booger, Daniel, Fat, and Parker for driving me around when I needed it.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

congratulations...nice to see justice got served!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does this mean you got his address too? Sometimes money just isn't enough. I've been achin to start slappin bitches with my bad hand. LOL. Jk. But really.....
Good to hear the state of TX isn't going to **** as quickly as I anticipated.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn, you are lucky!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Lucky man.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Launching!

You should go buy a lotto ticket! I love to hear stories like this...makes you believe decent people do catch a break now and then.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I should be getting my final restitution check soon, from the guys that broke in to my car.

Back in 1992 when I was in College Station.

My dad (same name as me) got a letter a couple weeks ago saying that the Brazos county clerk was looking to pay me some money. 22 bucks headed my way! (total damages were around $375). The last check I got was something like 11-12 years ago.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you! And good for the system.

A few years ago I had bought a house, spent $20k of my cash to update the interior, new roof, appliances, HVAC, etc... and was going to resell it. Well a few neighborhhod kids got inside it and commensed to literally destroying it. The insurance estimate was for well over $15k! To say I was upset is an understatement.

Got the authorities involved... they did their job, got good prints and low and behold the 14 yr. old kid whose prints they retrieved had already been in the system for vandalizing another house the previous year. He is incarcerated still to this day because of the $ amount involved... the insurance company got involved and worked with Dallas County Juvenile folks and hammered him pretty hard.

Insurance paid, I sold the house and went on to do many other things in real estate investing.

I believe in working hard for what I have and believe just and adamantly in hammering those who take from me.

g
Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Mustang Moderator

Yeah I definately got lucky, got a good alarm so hopefully it won't happen again, and if it does I'll be alerted and actually be able to do something about it(it sends a signal to my remote if it gets broken into).

As far as his address. They didn't give me a name or address since he is a minor. However, when I first got the call from the Detective they asked if I knew someone by the name of XXXXXXX. So I have his name, but its quite a common hispanic name so the chances of me tracking him down are slim to none.

Revenge isn't really on my mind, I got my money and hes on probation. However if my caar gets vandalized I'll know who to look for!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear, that was a long shot that he would get caught.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's good you got paid immediately. The ******** guys that broke in to my car, also broke in to at least a dozen others in the parking lot. After they got caught, they had to pay restitution to everyone. That's why mine took 2-3 years (err, or is that 15 years?) to be paid back for the window and busted console. Checks for $50 trickled in about every 3-6 months.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

congrats
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Damn, you hardly ever hear anything good coming form the cops now-a-days, congrats!!!

-justin
Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

The gods have shined down upon thee!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Several years back a buddy of mine and me got into it with some little gang bangers down in Galveston. My buddy was beating the **** out of this one and his friend ran up from nowhere and cut my friend in the back. Cops were right on the scene and took the whole lot of them to jail. My friend got a few stiches and we were on our way. Anyway, this kid had to pay restitution to my friend and he was was the one who got his *** kicked!! Could have turned out worse, but it's still worth a laugh every time I think of it.

Enjoy the money!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

So ur gonna bring us to master grill? Or you gonna buy another watch?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by Pewter02TA
So ur gonna bring us to master grill? Or you gonna buy another watch?
**** I'm takin' them to Master Grill Thursday, your gay *** shoulda stayed up here so you could get your grub on with us
Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Who are Booger and Fat?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stang Man
**** I'm takin' them to Master Grill Thursday, your gay *** shoulda stayed up here so you could get your grub on with us
I didn't get an invite...?

-Daniel
Old 05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Well next time you can them. Good for you Stang Man!