Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bluetooth headunit sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Bluetooth headunit sound quality

Looking into buying a bluetooth headunit to use with a LG chocolate cell phone. How's the sound quality compared to a cd? I'm new to the whole bluetooth thing. I've used FM modulators with mp3 players and the sound quality sucked.

JG
Old 06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ttt please
Old 06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are saying you can send the audio over bluetooth to the headunit? Or audio to a bluetooth headset?

I didn't know you could send audio via that method, but my guess is it won't be much better than the fm system. If anything I would think it would still be analog since digital would take a lot of bandwidth so I don't see how it could compare with a cd.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by bdrussell
If anything I would think it would still be analog since digital would take a lot of bandwidth
Reverse that.
Digital takes less bandwidth than analog.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm talking about headunits with a bluetooth reciever. Also i guess i should factor in the quality of the phone doing the transmitting, but just the basics for now......

JG

Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

very good quality. i work at fry's electronics in the car audio department. i mess with them all day. streaming audio or using the HU for hands free cell usage is also very good quality
Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by funkymonkeys409
very good quality. i work at fry's electronics in the car audio department. i mess with them all day. streaming audio or using the HU for hands free cell usage is also very good quality
Any brands/models you recommend? I know im being picky but i'm hoping to find one with a red or orange display, compatible with my steering wheel controls and preferably satellite ready.
im willing to spend some money to get what i want so any input would be appreciated!

JG

Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JATO
Any brands/models you recommend? I know im being picky but i'm hoping to find one with a red or orange display, compatible with my steering wheel controls and preferably satellite ready.
im willing to spend some money to get what i want so any input would be appreciated!

JG

well not saying its the only ones out there but at my store we only have a sony and a pioneer with bluetooth with it already built in. their booth really nice HUs. theres interfaces for a lot of the name brands out there but the ones with it built in are the way to go. adding bluetooth is in the range of 180-200. if you want to still use your steereing wheel controls, your gona most likely need to get a interface for that. theres a few diff companies that make them. i wouldnt doubt if you found a HU with BT built in, it wouldnt be sat ready. pretty much all except the base (like ony plays CD's not even MP3's) model of a brand are sat ready