Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240sx manifold/header solutions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 240sx manifold/header solutions

search is acting gay again, so i figured i would make a new thread with more consolidated info.

what are you guys doing for your drivers side manifolds? some people are building their own from scratch, some are hacking up shorty ones, post pictures and give explanations!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

everyone is making them from scratch or hacking up vette manifolds, but it seems like you already knew that lol.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha i know but its easier to compare when everything is in 1 thread, not in 20.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Staging Lane

gto manifold is supposed to fit on the driver side... thats with the stock kmember.

im going to try and use:
D: gto
P: f-body

if the f-body one fails, then im going to go with c5 for the passenger.

anyone confirm whether the f-body mani fits at all?

Last edited by NismoSilvia270R; 06-14-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F-Body manifold doesn't fit on my passenger side, although I am putting it into a Z32...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

i'm just using cut up c5 manifolds havn't put them in yet but in the process
Old 06-14-2007, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

I had my custom made, but Hinson super cars sells a set. They sell whole kit, but I am not a fan of it, notching the crossmember is risky to me.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Teching In

does xat offer headers?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

i'm making my own, but i've yet to figure out a way to unbolt them and remove them without removing the steering shaft. I think that if I do a tri-y collector setup it's a good possibility
Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

My stock 2004 GTO headers, fits perfect in my LS13 .

On the passengerside i had to cut and angle and weld the stock 04 manifold.

By the looks of it it looks like you could have the engine slightly further forwards or rearwards than me, and it would still fit ok. A bit close to the power steering pipe there, but im gonna move that.

http://bilder.driftfun.com/hersker-s13-ls1 <- a few pictures of my project there. You can spot how the stock header fits on the left side.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NismoSilvia270R
anyone confirm whether the f-body mani fits at all (passenger)?

im looking to you datboibrad. you said your stock one fit on the passenger side, and i know you got your engine from an fbody...
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

I saw a set from this company but damn my brains I forgot where... they are very cheap and fit for the ls1 swapped into a 240sx S13 to be exact... I wish I can refind them cause they were very cheap and look well built!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wajouba
I saw a set from this company but damn my brains I forgot where... they are very cheap and fit for the ls1 swapped into a 240sx S13 to be exact... I wish I can refind them cause they were very cheap and look well built!
We offer bolt on headers for this swap. You can buy them with a ceramic coating or mild steel. $650 for the mild steel set, or 950 with the coating.

These headers are designed to fit perfectly with our mount kit only, but others have had luck with them on different mount setups. Obviously we can only guarantee there fit with our kit but It may be a great option for you. Here is a pic

These are cad designed, all cnc mandrel bends, very high flow and great clearance.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Default 240 LS1 Swap Kit

Very Hot Stuff, although a bit on the salty side! It is without a doubt the best engineered package I have seen to swap an LSX into the 240SX chassis. It is great to see such nicely manufactured parts and equipment produced in Baltimore, MD though. I will keep this swap kit on the list as I move my swap along.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by the.erinyes
Very Hot Stuff, although a bit on the salty side! It is without a doubt the best engineered package I have seen to swap an LSX into the 240SX chassis. It is great to see such nicely manufactured parts and equipment produced in Baltimore, MD though. I will keep this swap kit on the list as I move my swap along.
Thanks for the compliments, and yes, "Salty" is often what people think when first looking at the Sikky swap kits, but when they actually break it down and see what they are getting for that money versus the competition it becomes obvious that Sikky is the right choice. People also overlook the costs of items they would need to go any other route and the time and headaches that come with other options. The piece of mind that the Sikky kit will fit perfect and install as easy as the KA also helps justify a couple extra bucks. No cross member modifications and retaining factory structural integrity of the chassis is important. Another plus is when you order the kit it usually ships the same day. There is no waiting for modified cross members or downtime. Hope we can help you with your swap project and save you some headaches.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Default LSX Swap Kit

I agree with everything you said! Being in Westminster also means I could even drive over and pick up the kit and save the shipping hassle and expense. Another bonus. Fortunately for me, I do not have a lot of time and money in modifications to the car yet, so I would only lose about $300.00 maybe less to go with your kit, which I will when I get that far. I for one am just really glad you guys put the time and effort into creating such an awesome kit.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Thanks for the compliments, and yes, "Salty" is often what people think when first looking at the Sikky swap kits, but when they actually break it down and see what they are getting for that money versus the competition it becomes obvious that Sikky is the right choice. People also overlook the costs of items they would need to go any other route and the time and headaches that come with other options. The piece of mind that the Sikky kit will fit perfect and install as easy as the KA also helps justify a couple extra bucks. No cross member modifications and retaining factory structural integrity of the chassis is important. Another plus is when you order the kit it usually ships the same day. There is no waiting for modified cross members or downtime. Hope we can help you with your swap project and save you some headaches.
that is a great kit you have

I have s14 with LS7 engine and I am looking forward to change my headers to 1 7/8

http://nissanroadracing.com/vbulleti...p?t=808&page=9

Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I remember your build thread, man this car is absolutely sick!!!!

Quick Reply: 240sx manifold/header solutions