PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo /Predator..Torque Management ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo /Predator..Torque Management ??

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone with a Diablo have removed thier Torque Management from their cars ? Can the Diablo remove it or would I have to get LS1 edit ?
Old 05-06-2003, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Diablo /Predator..Torque Management ??

Torque managment removal/modification is part of the performance tune in the Predator and it is automatic i.e. you don't have to select it or anything.
I really like my Predator. Does the job.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Torque managment removal/modification is part of the performance tune in the Predator and it is automatic i.e. you don't have to select it or anything.
Thanks Al. I'll probably will be getting one very ,very soon.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Just got mine today from TBYRNE,awesome service by the way. It is simple to use. Installed the performance tune and modified rev limit and fan on/off temps in a matter of minutes, now if only all this rain would stop so I could try it out.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I love my predator, that I recently purchased from tbyrne also. I have an 03 sierra and one of the greatest features is its automatic deletion of torque management. NOW my truck drives like a real sport truck.

From a dead stop I can jab the gas, the rear end chirps the tires a little, the posi locks and the truck just hauls. Before doing so would often have my truck fall on its face and take a few seconds or more for the truck to really kick into gear and launch.

I also love the ability to delete my top speed governer and raise the rev limit.

Anyway thumbs up to the predator.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

that is weird to me, i would think it should be an option. I like to know for a fact that I deleted it. I just purchased one of these. The more I read though the more I am regretting it, someone please make me feel better by Monday, that is when it should be here.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Restricted User

Al, not in all cases is it removed. I have had to get several tunes and if you watch the timing at WOT and during shifts it will pull, sometimes a lot showing that TM wasnt touched, and others none at all, as is my case now...even on the bottle. So, although it may be part of your tune when it was new, I do not believe it is factory removed from Diablo...request it, yes indeed. But not supposed to be included in the generic performance tune. Drew778 and another our friends all use Pred and we all had to get TM removed in the custom tune.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now if the Predator guys would get off thier asses and come out with one for the 97-98 LS1 guys I would be happy.
I am buying a laptop and LS1 edit this weekend. I talked to Diablo and they said "maybe" this december at the soonest for the 98's.

Quick Reply: Diablo /Predator..Torque Management ??