Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Headlights LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Auto Headlights LS1 Edit

Does anyone know if LS1 edit can disable the autoheadlight feature? My problem is that I like autoheadlights, but I want to have control over them with the headlight switch after they come on. Am I asking for to much? I admit I'm lazy and when your out partying turning on the headlights is 1 less thing to worry bout. LOL
Old 05-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Auto Headlights LS1 Edit

This question came up before recently, and the answer was they don't go through the PCM, this feature has it's own dedicated control circuit. I know what you mean about wanting control over them, but I believe all you can do is disable the feature (not difficult.) I'm sure it would be possible to modifiy the circuit to work that way though if you understand electronics. It is that way in some other cars made by F***.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanx for that info, anyone want to help me solve this problem? Any electronic heads out there that can modify the circuit on the autoheadlights to give you manual control over the lights with out disabling the sensor. Suggestions or ideas appreciated.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

If you can get a copy of the circuit diagram, maybe from a shop manual, I could tell you how to modify it. I'm an electrical engineer, but I would have to have the circuit diagram to see how to change it. If all of the connections go into a "black box" it may be easier or even necesary to just design a new controller. Either way, the place to start would be with a circuit diagram, unless you can find someone who has already reverse-engineered the circuit.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search in the stereo/electronics forum. theres a nice write up on how to do this and disable your running lamps if you want. good luck
Old 05-07-2003, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Ill save you then time if you havent done it already. If you look on your dash, there will be an area in the middle that is slotted. you have to pull that area up and there will be a little sensor in there. pull that sensor out, and unplug it. then get a peice of wire or something metallic( I used a staple cut in half) and run it between the 2 electrodes that plug into the sensor. then tape it up and remember to turn your headlights on.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

FrankSS are you not reading or what ? I know about the crappy mod of disabling the sensor. Read this I like the autoheadlights, I want the ability to have the switch to turn off the lights after they engage. Thats my original question.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is what you need to do. Disable the autoheadlights. Then figure out how to turn off the lights when the engine is off and then keep them in the on position all the time and turn them off when you want to. This way you won't forget to turn them off... I don't know. I've never had problem with forgetting to turn my lights on.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oskar Z28 you obviously dont party enough to know what the hell im talkin bout. Try having 3 girls with you and one working on you and its 2:30am after the club scene, do I want to remember to turn on the damn lights? NO!! And yea I am lazy didnt I say that already ? T
Old 05-08-2003, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But my solution would work. Just figure our how to cut the power to lights when you turn your engine off. This way you can turn the lights on before the women are working you over, so you can concentrate on other things.