Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do I fatten up PE

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I fatten up PE

Ihave 370/CC minute RC Engineering/Denso injectors on my 5.3 truck, and a P-1SC Procharger. I have got my Ltrims pretty close to where I want them, slightly negative, close to zero. I pulled one of my plugs to look at it, and it look like I am lean. My 02's show 900's anytime I am in PE or WOT.
I wne to for a wideband dyno today, and was refused because my blower makes too much noise so they are afraid it will blow up on their dyno ??!! thats another subject though. It makes the characteristic ATI chattering and rattling at idle and slightly above idle.

How do I fatten up the PE mode? I have the WOT hot and cold PE set at 65%TPS until 3600 rpm's, then at 60% TPS after that on the WOT PE hot and cold tables.

I guess I was wrong in my thinking that if the Ltrims are good, that the PE will be rich enough.

Can someone please enlighten me as to how to fatten up the PE. I have no wideband in town now if they won't do it, so I am on my own.
Thank you very much for any help Sam
Old 05-08-2003, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: how do I fatten up PE

You have LS1Edit, so bring up your LS1Edit PCM file that you downloaded, and edit the file. Select edit, then eng calibration, under power enrichment select RPM.

Make the numbers larger to add more fuel.
if you want to be around 12.0:1, the value should be near 1.22 (as an example).
14.7/1.22 = 12.05
If you want richer than that, try 1.25, etc.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: how do I fatten up PE

thanks for that explanation. That is an easy way to tell someone how to do it. I appreciate your help. I finally figured that out after 6 months of playing with it I tried fattening it up today, and I think I am getting there. I will mess with it more tomorrow after my emissions test. Hopefully they will not need to get it into PE at the test. I think they do an idle, and a 2500 rpm test.