Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

The Infamous Gm Engine Knock

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The Infamous Gm Engine Knock

Well boys & girls , the so called "GM PISTON SLAP" has now turned into a constant full blown knock that won't go away even after full warm up and the damn thing sounds embarrassing as hell sitting at a signal light next to all the other cars with this matha ***** knocking away. Just rolled over 50,000 miles, what a bitch. ****** crawfishin General Motors wormed their way out of standing behind their defective engines by telling us, " Oh they all sound like that-not to worry-your good to go ~ problem? What problem, we don't here any noise , as long as it goes away after warm up ! I hope the Japs bury the sons a bitches including that phuckin boot licker Lutz .
Old 06-26-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
I hope the Japs bury the sons a bitches including that phuckin boot licker Lutz .
The way it's looking now, that's not gonna happen.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

it sounds like you have bigger problems than just piston slap...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Default piston

agreed, id bet your problem has absolutely nothing to do with piston slap..
Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Thinking about one of GM's remanufactured LS6 engines on sale for $2995.00 with a warranty. Anybody had any experience with this & is it a bolt in parts exchange swap ? My Z is a 2002 year model, are all the sensors & wireing connectors the same ~ anybody ?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

That's a TON of money for no real benefit. I'd rebuild the LS1 using the stock block and crank, putting in better rods and pistons.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1rulz
That's a TON of money for no real benefit. I'd rebuild the LS1 using the stock block and crank, putting in better rods and pistons.
Problem is there is no one here in Shreveport that I'd trust to build the short block . Believe me I've been down that road for the last time . We are lucky to find a competant mechanic just to swap engines much less actually build one from an empty block up.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

texas is awfully close.... flat bed plus forged internals for the win
Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Well boys & girls , the so called "GM PISTON SLAP" has now turned into a constant full blown knock that won't go away even after full warm up and the damn thing sounds embarrassing as hell sitting at a signal light next to all the other cars with this matha ***** knocking away. Just rolled over 50,000 miles, what a bitch. ****** crawfishin General Motors wormed their way out of standing behind their defective engines by telling us, " Oh they all sound like that-not to worry-your good to go ~ problem? What problem, we don't here any noise , as long as it goes away after warm up ! I hope the Japs bury the sons a bitches including that phuckin boot licker Lutz .
If it was piston slap then it would go away after the motor warmed up. Sounds like YOU have something else.

Do you have aftermarket exhuast? Perhaps something is tapping the floorboard. There are alot of things it could be. That is why most dealerships don't want to get into it. They only want to diagnose you if there is a failure because tracking random noises down is usually a waste of time as EVERY Camaro on the road has been modified at some point in time.

Really, it sounds like you read that website and assumed you have a condition you may or may not have empathetically. If you want a super quiet engine I would get an econo box.

No offense please. Just observations. These motors are tough.