Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just installed UMI adjustable phb/lca's/relo brackets

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Just installed UMI adjustable phb/lca's/relo brackets

And why the f didn't I do it sooner?! I was worried that maybe I'd spend the money and the parts would just give me peace of mind...whatever, they work! Car definately feels more solid, in a good way. The ride isn't harsh at all, no squeaks or noise what so ever. And traction is a beautiful thing (which was mostly helped by getting new tires, Fuzion's to be exact but thats another story). Im pumped that my car is finally coming together rather than just saying I have the power, I can actually use it.

FYI, I used installuniversity's instructions which were rather lengthy but still got the job done. If you haven't done these mods yet...DO IT. Done.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear, just got my 9in. and all of the adj. UMI stuff in the mail this week. Cant wait to get it all in. Still waiting for my T/A relocation kit and LCA reloc brackets.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's exactly why the mods you did are the ones I recommend to be done first after exhaust of course.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly! I was like most ppl on here...all excited to make the car faster/louder and chose to ignore the fact that just cuz your tires spin fast doesn't mean the car is going anywhere . But next time I start doing this, if ever, it will be suspension first.

I still gotta get shocks so I can install my Strano springs, pretty pumped for that.

My 10 bolt is doing fine so far, but I dont launch it ever. 9", or 8.8 will be coming in the next few months.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by litemup02
Good to hear, just got my 9in. and all of the adj. UMI stuff in the mail this week. Cant wait to get it all in. Still waiting for my T/A relocation kit and LCA reloc brackets.
Could you PM me some more info about your 9". Where you got it, how much, etc. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Which LCAs did you go with? The single-adjustable poly/rod ones? Those are the ones I plan on getting sometime in the near future.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
Could you PM me some more info about your 9". Where you got it, how much, etc. Thanks!
No need, i got it from a sponsor here. Bob at exotic preformance plus. You'll find a thread in the gears and axles section with all the options. I went with a 4 channel to keep the ABS and TCS and upgraded to the aluminum center section. Truetrac, 31 spline axles and 4.11 gear. $2655 shipped for the rear and got a PST driveshaft..was $389
Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Which LCAs did you go with? The single-adjustable poly/rod ones? Those are the ones I plan on getting sometime in the near future.
Yep, thats them.

Quick Reply: Just installed UMI adjustable phb/lca's/relo brackets