going y-pipe to true duals. Noise level question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default going y-pipe to true duals. Noise level question

I'm having a 3" true dual x-pipe set up built w/ cats and bullets, also having it under the axle and out the back. I curently have or had 3" catted Y with cut out right behind the muffler after the axle.

i realy dont want it "loud" I know bulleted TD's are pretty loud but sence there being sent all the way back and have catts i think it should be just right.

Ok my real question is do you think this TD set up will be louder, quieter, or about the same as my Y? I think (hope) it will be the same if not quieter, b/c with the cutout you use no muffler but with the X you at least have bullets.

also i might as well ask do you think it will flow better?

Oh and dont use the link in my sig to compare thats with the dual cut outs open.

Last edited by kevin's_00ss; 07-09-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Youll love it, no doubt about it. And yes it will flow better. It will be pretty loud, but not a bad loud.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

My duals dumped before the axle aren't even that bad in the car, and I don't even have turn downs. With bullets it's probably a different story. Before I made my duals, I had a Borla, and I thought that sounded good.......until I started up my car for the first time with my duals. The difference in sound is worth it alone. Maybe I imagined it, but the car does feel a little stronger, but who knows. I figure even if I didn't gain much power, I definitely didn't lose any.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ran an open Y pipe for 6-7 months and then went to TD's so for me, it actually got quieter going to the duals.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Depends on your mods. My exhaust got pretty loud when I put the TRex in. Stock it was pretty quiet
Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chadtx01
I ran an open Y pipe for 6-7 months and then went to TD's so for me, it actually got quieter going to the duals.

i try open y-pipe i had heads turning every where i went
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

i got tru duals and a ms4 LOVE IT never will i go back... glad your coming to the dark side.. i get alittle res inthe car about 1600-1800 but other than that i like to scare the **** out of mustang drivers when i downshift and tap the gas they are like WTF
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
i got tru duals and a ms4 LOVE IT never will i go back... glad your coming to the dark side.. i get alittle res inthe car about 1600-1800 but other than that i like to scare the **** out of mustang drivers when i downshift and tap the gas they are like WTF
Ha, yea i curently have dual cut-outs on my Y aswell as the rear cut out and when those are off all hell brake loose and every one turns and looks. but it feel like the car is about to blow up and fall apart from all the rattling. (see sig')

thanks for all your input guys.
Kevin
Old 07-10-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Yup got quieter until you get on it. Had the cutout and went to duals.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

hey kevin you dont happen to work at sams club in frisco do you rollin on prostars?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres a couple of soundclips. First one is the open Y pipe, sounded mean and was definately louder but not a good tone at all.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=openY.flv

Second one is the X pipe and Borla XR1's. The tone is much better, just not quite as loud. Actually its noticably quieter, but the cam should wake it up.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=xpipe.flv
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
hey kevin you dont happen to work at sams club in frisco do you rollin on prostars?
oh yes i do and i have seen you drive driving couple of times now that i look at your sig. i work out side pushing carts. ive always want to say some thing to you.. your car looks/sounds bad ***. first time ive seen a camaro in that color.

kevin

Originally Posted by camracingah
Yup got quieter until you get on it. Had the cutout and went to duals.
Heres a couple of soundclips. First one is the open Y pipe, sounded mean and was definately louder but not a good tone at all.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=openY.flv

Second one is the X pipe and Borla XR1's. The tone is much better, just not quite as loud. Actually its noticably quieter, but the cam should wake it up.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rent=xpipe.flv

Cool thats wat i wanted to hear. thanks..

I cant wait to get my car back should take few days. should of been done yesterday but it didnt turn out the way he liked so he srcapped it and is going to start over. i think its going to sound bad ***. And im having 3.5" angled rolled single tips to top it off so it should look bad *** too.

Last edited by kevin's_00ss; 07-10-2007 at 10:29 AM.