Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would be willing to rent LS1 edit for $100week

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who would be willing to rent LS1 edit for $100week

Preferably, 98 owners, but all post, just to gauge interest. as im considering buying the unlimited version, if i can find enough interest.

Not trying to make money, but i just simply refuse to buy a $550 tuner that will work on just one car.

Would rather spend more, and be able to tune lots of cars, and be worth something if i ever decided to sell it.

Thanks.

Ryan.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Who would be willing to rent LS1 edit for $100week

locked to pcm not a possibility, will not work.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

locked to pcm not a possibility, will not work.
I think what slow means if he was to buy the unlimited version... who would be willing to rent the use of it for $100 for the week
Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ryan, I'll be buying the 98 version of LS1edit, but think the price is prohibitive. This is what happens when you have an exclusive product. Yes, research and development does cost $$$, but if I was LS1edit, I'd lower the price and sell more units.
Obviously, this is a sore spot for me and many others. Didn't mean to steal your thunder. Best of luck with your plan.

Old 05-14-2003, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Consider paying $2,500 for just 97/98 car years.
Someone hands you only $100 and then takes a hike or loses the hardware interface ?

Now increase that cost for more car years like me and that was $11,000 !
Would you still rent it out for only 100 bucks for a whole week or wonder if
you would get the 1 interface back ?
If so how long then before you get your return back for the starting costs ?

Preferably, 98 owners, but all post, just to gauge interest. as im considering buying the unlimited version, if i can find enough interest.

Not trying to make money, but i just simply refuse to buy a $550 tuner that will work on just one car.

Would rather spend more, and be able to tune lots of cars, and be worth something if i ever decided to sell it.

Thanks.

Ryan.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Someone hands you only $100 and then takes a hike or loses the hardware interface ?

Thanks.

Ryan.

No doubt, Hey I'll rent an unlimited version for ever, errrr I mean a week for just $100
Old 05-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks.

Ryan.
Nothing like a good, stiff dose of reality to spoil the fun. I think you could make this work by charging people to use it in your garage, but for a $100 an hour, not a week. It's not like Autotap where you need it running as you go down the road. Just take their driver's licence in case they make a run for it!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Setup a stand to program the computers out of the cars. They come over and sign some papers freeing you from all responseability and let them come and go for a day or 2.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Nothing like a good, stiff dose of reality to spoil the fun. I think you could make this work by charging people to use it in your garage, but for a $100 an hour, not a week. It's not like Autotap where you need it running as you go down the road. Just take their driver's licence in case they make a run for it!
Someone new to PCM tuning to get it right would need more then a few tunes tying up the 1 interface much more then if the owner of unlimited did the tuning himself which means getting your return back is still a long way off esp if you paid $10,000, that is a lot of 100 buck an hour tunes.
Just think of the guy paying you 100 bucks breaks the interface and your now SOL until its repaired or they are blasting their radio while uploading to PCM and trash it and now blame you or asks you how to tune AFR and then they melt a piston, nope sounds good but I'll tell you it is a headache you do not need.

For 10 grand many would not mind losing a drivers license and then simply getting a dup from DMV, hell for 2500 they'd have you hold their mother and still take a hike