Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good Rotating Assembly?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good Rotating Assembly?????

i am rebuilding my ls1 out of my 99 trans am and i was wondering if there is a good Rotating Assembly out there because i need all the parts. i need it to stand up to a decent amount of power and be reasonably priced too, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions
Old 07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

first of all why dont u tell us what your goals are, budget and whats done to the car already??? you could always go to texas speed and look at their 383 stroker kit b/c u said that you want the power and they arent that bad on the price.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Teching In

the car has exhaust work, lid, ported throtal body and mass air flow sensor, deleted PCV EGR AIR, short shifter, clutch, ported and polished heads, I'm going with the ls2 cheater cam from thunder racing. I'm planning on running the money maker kit on the car also. i want to look stock and have a lot of power is the goal i want. i want to only spend about 3000 on the Rotating Assembly.
i was looking at the eagle Rotating Assembly for a 383 with the ARPL-19 so that it will be good for 1500 hp. so have you guys heard of any thing bad about that set-up??
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

The eagle rotating assembly is decent for the money and will make good power with the right components. However 1500 hp in my opinion is not attainable with an ls1 block. You will need more than the ls1 block will allow. Just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking to go with a stroker? If not I'd use the stock crank, bore the block .005 over and get some new pistons and rods. You will have yourself an unbreakable 1000+rwhp capable 347, depending on the parts you use of course. If you want to stroke it, Eagle is probably your only option at that price.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1fstbird
The eagle rotating assembly is decent for the money and will make good power with the right components. However 1500 hp in my opinion is not attainable with an ls1 block. You will need more than the ls1 block will allow. Just my opinion.
i know that the block can not stand up to that amount of power but i figure i should just get a good rotating assembly so i will not have to mess with it any more and so i know the assembly will hold anything i put to it.

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Are you looking to go with a stroker? If not I'd use the stock crank, bore the block .005 over and get some new pistons and rods. You will have yourself an unbreakable 1000+rwhp capable 347, depending on the parts you use of course. If you want to stroke it, Eagle is probably your only option at that price.
I can not use the stock crank because i lost oil pressure in my last build and i messed up all my rod bearings and some of the mains which messed up the stock crank pretty good so that is why i'm going with the stroker motor

do you all think i should have eagle balance my rotating assembly or do you think i should have the machine shop that is boreing my block do the balancing for me????
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, finding a stock crank is no chore. They are pretty cheap and strong. All you are paying for with the Eagle is the extra stroke, they really aren't any stronger. Personally, I'd let Eagle balance your assembly if you are getting everything from them. Who would better know how to balance an Eagle assembly than Eagle themselves.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Well, finding a stock crank is no chore. They are pretty cheap and strong. All you are paying for with the Eagle is the extra stroke, they really aren't any stronger. Personally, I'd let Eagle balance your assembly if you are getting everything from them. Who would better know how to balance an Eagle assembly than Eagle themselves.
true you have a good point about who should balance the assembly, but i think i am going to stick with the eagle crank for the added power.

Quick Reply: good Rotating Assembly?????