Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Thursday, NO-ETs SHOWN @ TMP

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thursday, NO-ETs SHOWN @ TMP

2nd one of these events, just a heads up to the street sweepaz....
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

How many cars showed up last time? Was it mostly imports like on a Friday night or do some serious cars show up?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Launching!

What's wrong with the imports??? I am sure a few of them would surprise you..... I guess you think all imports aren't serious enough for drag racing.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FDLS1
What's wrong with the imports??? I am sure a few of them would surprise you..... I guess you think all imports aren't serious enough for drag racing.
I know I wouldnt want to know my et if I took one of those slow assed imports to the track
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Drag racing is mostly about how much horsepower you have.
Why did you swap a H/C LSx in your RX-7?

If I go to the track, I like to see how fast my car is, not just if I crossed the finish line before the other guy.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jeff2380
I wanted to combine a powerfull and reliable motor with a kick *** chassy
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Teching In

YOU get a timeslip, its just not announced to the world. Yes, some bad assed cars show up.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jeff2380
Drag racing is mostly about how much horsepower you have.

If I go to the track, I like to see how fast my car is, not just if I crossed the finish line before the other guy.
What you're talking about is what I call time slipping. Drag racing is about crossing the finish line before the other guy.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FDLS1
Wow talk about being on the defence. lol
I know some of the imports would surprise me. Like the all motor 12 second CRX and the 12 second RSX with a nasty turbo setup, that were there last Firday. I just don't want to see a civic with a 5'' tach and a 6'' fart cannon cut 14 seconds passes all night.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey guys FDLS1 is the ****! Gotta hand it to a guy putting that kind of effort forth to work over any car and then give him even more credit to use the mighty LS1. I could care less if its in an RX7 or not its badass and I dont see any smack talk comin from him. Never met him but already proving himself to a be a stand up guy

Now...

12 second RSX with a nasty turbo setup
That guy didnt make ONE SINGLE PASS as soon as I started running hehehe
Then when i walked away while they cleaned up the wreck him and his buddies were gawking all over my car Then they went home!!

Third gens rule!! haha
Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Teching In

If y'all wanna git it on in the streets (or not)..join up
www.OntarioStreetCar.com
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw55
YOU get a timeslip, its just not announced to the world. Yes, some bad assed cars show up.
Yup!

You can also do this at any track by putting NT in your window...
Old 07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Sadly the days of running on the street have looooong gone for me. I dont think its a big deal personally not the way we used to do it I never saw anyone get hurt badly and the only crashes I saw were no worse than what you get at the track so whats the big deal??

Only drag is the cops are out to get us boys...

Literally out to get us.

Why? Hell as far as I'm concerned its about money same as anything. Busting street racers out in the middle of no where doesn't do jack **** to protect John Q public but the fines are STEEP so good return on effort. Plus its very safe for cops to bust street racers last I checked no one carried guns and shot cops for giving them tickets. Besides that anyone with enough coin for a modded car has enough to pay the fines. All in all a good deal for them that makes tasty headlines for John Q so they think their tax dollars are going to good use and they have their support.

Now why not go patrol regent park or Jane and Finch at 2am and start busting dudes for the numerous REAL offences going on every night all night? Gun murders and drug addicts galore REAL problems there..

Heck and risk getting shot?

Arrest someone who has no money to pay the fines? Have to work for your living ( cop ) Not if they can help it and I cant say i blame them cuz I wouldnt work so hard if I didnt have to. So instead we get screwed.

Funny thing the old saying "If you cant do time dont do crime" same **** should apply to Cops. If you dont want to risk your life protecting and serving the tax paying public then dont become a cop.

Back to Timmies boys have another donut... mmm donut

Rant over. Street racing dead. We ( tax payers ) lose again
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Teching In

My buddy is going to call tomorrow and make sure its on and find out the skinny on it. I'll let you guys know....As for the N/T thats a US thing, I wouldnt trust a track around here to shut the board down..I could be wrong though, never tried it.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cam
Sadly the days of running on the street have looooong gone for me. I dont think its a big deal personally not the way we used to do it I never saw anyone get hurt badly and the only crashes I saw were no worse than what you get at the track so whats the big deal??

Only drag is the cops are out to get us boys...

Literally out to get us.

Why? Hell as far as I'm concerned its about money same as anything. Busting street racers out in the middle of no where doesn't do jack **** to protect John Q public but the fines are STEEP so good return on effort. Plus its very safe for cops to bust street racers last I checked no one carried guns and shot cops for giving them tickets. Besides that anyone with enough coin for a modded car has enough to pay the fines. All in all a good deal for them that makes tasty headlines for John Q so they think their tax dollars are going to good use and they have their support.

Now why not go patrol regent park or Jane and Finch at 2am and start busting dudes for the numerous REAL offences going on every night all night? Gun murders and drug addicts galore REAL problems there..

Heck and risk getting shot?

Arrest someone who has no money to pay the fines? Have to work for your living ( cop ) Not if they can help it and I cant say i blame them cuz I wouldnt work so hard if I didnt have to. So instead we get screwed.

Funny thing the old saying "If you cant do time dont do crime" same **** should apply to Cops. If you dont want to risk your life protecting and serving the tax paying public then dont become a cop.

Back to Timmies boys have another donut... mmm donut

Rant over. Street racing dead. We ( tax payers ) lose again
Streetracing is far from dead bro...
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8200a7c2d7.htm
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Streetracing is far from dead bro...
My hat goes off to you man I wish I had the cojones for it but as I said above. Its dead for me. To each his own I dont mind it at all personally. At least not when its doen as we used to. Late nights. Far away from anyone who does not want to be there. Far as I'm concerned it should be allowed.

Speaking of which theres a provincial election coming this fall. Be sure to vote! Photo radar up the *** of anyone who dare speak such foulness
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bugblndr
What you're talking about is what I call time slipping. Drag racing is about crossing the finish line before the other guy.
Your right Bug, I didn't think this was an orginized event with classes, etc...
Who or how are the races setup?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cam
My hat goes off to you man I wish I had the cojones for it but as I said above. Its dead for me. To each his own I dont mind it at all personally. At least not when its doen as we used to. Late nights. Far away from anyone who does not want to be there. Far as I'm concerned it should be allowed.

Speaking of which theres a provincial election coming this fall. Be sure to vote! Photo radar up the *** of anyone who dare speak such foulness
The cops are looking at the highways for streetracing..not a service road at 3am.....its quite easy these days to get a race off.
This dude made $92000.00 in 14 months on the streets...
http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/show...=2928#post2928
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by s10dreamer
Wow talk about being on the defence. lol
I know some of the imports would surprise me. Like the all motor 12 second CRX and the 12 second RSX with a nasty turbo setup, that were there last Firday. I just don't want to see a civic with a 5'' tach and a 6'' fart cannon cut 14 seconds passes all night.

Sorry if that seemed defensive.....just wanted to let you guys know that some of us import guys are true CAR GUYS like the domestic modders, and I definately know what you mean about those civic's...they are a
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cam
Hey guys FDLS1 is the ****! Gotta hand it to a guy putting that kind of effort forth to work over any car and then give him even more credit to use the mighty LS1. I could care less if its in an RX7 or not its badass and I dont see any smack talk comin from him. Never met him but already proving himself to a be a stand up guy
Thanks for the nice words....doing the swap on my car has made it that much more enjoyable, now I can drive and not worry about it breaking down.