Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani True Dual Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani True Dual Questions

Hey guys this is my first post here and i had a few questions about the bassani dual kit. First, has anyone tried installing it on their own? All the pictures i see are of people having them welded up. I know they come with band clamps, if i have access to a lift is it possible? Second is will the LS1 system fit an LT1? I know they make a kit for LT1s but i will be using Long Tubes with these and the way the LT1 system runs makes it impossible. The final question is will i be able to fit some high flow cats in there?
Thanks for your time.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:27 PM

anybody? I am about to order up this system i need to know if it will fit my lt1
Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

If you are using long tubes, I don't think its going to matter weather you have an LT1 vs a LS1, you are going to have to modify the Bassani kit in order to get the system to fit. Long tubes extend much further than the stock manifolds. Additionally, you should be able to fit some high flow cats in there before the X pipe, but you are going to have to weld them in.
Good Luck
Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenaline_SS
If you are using long tubes, I don't think its going to matter weather you have an LT1 vs a LS1, you are going to have to modify the Bassani kit in order to get the system to fit. Long tubes extend much further than the stock manifolds. Additionally, you should be able to fit some high flow cats in there before the X pipe, but you are going to have to weld them in.
Good Luck
Thanks for the reply. Ya i knew that the manifold connection wouldn't be a problem since its being modified anyway i was just wondering if there would be any problems fitting it over the axle or anything like that. Thats good news! Should be ordering them up soon.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

It's truly a pretty complicated system, I would only trust an expert.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 PM

for those who had in installed, how much did your muffler shop charge to install it? Also was it a local place or a national chain like meineke?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My reply may not be of much help, but I have a friend who had a Bassani system in a mustang, I must admit that it sounded great... for a 3.8L engine At idle it had a nice rummble that could almost made it pass as a 4.6L engine.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

I'd say it's safe to assume it's going to be an arm and a leg. In all seriousness if I recall correctly it was somewhere around $200 from an lsx familiar shop.