Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Regular "Non-performance" Shops in the IE

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Regular "Non-performance" Shops in the IE

Where do all you guys in the IE take your LS1 cars for "non-performance" work?

For example, my blower vent is stuck on the floor setting. The a/c and heating still works perfectly, as well as the fan speeds, it just won't switch from floor vents to upper dash vents, or to windshield defog, etc.

I figure Don Lee's/CMS wouldn't want to waste their time on stuff like this, and I don't really want to go to the dealer...

Any suggestions?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:23 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by glhs422
Where do all you guys in the IE take your LS1 cars for "non-performance" work?

For example, my blower vent is stuck on the floor setting. The a/c and heating still works perfectly, as well as the fan speeds, it just won't switch from floor vents to upper dash vents, or to windshield defog, etc.

I figure Don Lee's/CMS wouldn't want to waste their time on stuff like this, and I don't really want to go to the dealer...

Any suggestions?
Sounds like a vacuum line came off...All of that stuff is vacuum controlled...Should be just a matter of finding it and putting it back together...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
Sounds like a vacuum line came off...All of that stuff is vacuum controlled...Should be just a matter of finding it and putting it back together...
Hmmm... that makes sense. Awhile back, one of the valvesprings took a hit. I took it in to the shop and they fixed it, then later that night (after going to LACR) the blower stuck on the floor position.

Maybe the vacuum line wasn't secured well after they replaced the valvesprings and it came off later that night?

I've looked under the hood for open vacuum connections but didn't see anything... I guess I'll have to look closer...

Thanks for the help! But I'm still curious as to what non-performance shops there are around that are "worthy" to take our LS1 cars to, LOL...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 AM
8 Second Club

Hmmm... that makes sense. Awhile back, one of the valvesprings took a hit. I took it in to the shop and they fixed it, then later that night (after going to LACR) the blower stuck on the floor position.

Maybe the vacuum line wasn't secured well after they replaced the valvesprings and it came off later that night?

I've looked under the hood for open vacuum connections but didn't see anything... I guess I'll have to look closer...

Thanks for the help! But I'm still curious as to what non-performance shops there are around that are "worthy" to take our LS1 cars to, LOL...
The vacuum line runs below the pcm close to the fire wall (passenger side).Kind hard to miss if you know what your looking for (easily missed not knowing what you are looking for)...lol...Just look on the pass. side it is tied into the big wiring harness...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

The vacuum line runs below the pcm close to the fire wall (passenger side).Kind hard to miss if you know what your looking for (easily missed not knowing what you are looking for)...lol...Just look on the pass. side it is tied into the big wiring harness...
Well, I just checked again and I found the loose vacuum tube! All the connections near the PCM on the passenger side were intact, but I followed one that was traveling toward the rear of the car on the passenger side. It joined with a wiring loom, then emerged again near the back of the intake manifold, where I could barely see it. I felt around with my hand for open connections, and I found one, so I hooked it up, and I have air blowing out of the regular vents now!!!

Thanks a million!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
8 Second Club

Well, I just checked again and I found the loose vacuum tube! All the connections near the PCM on the passenger side were intact, but I followed one that was traveling toward the rear of the car on the passenger side. It joined with a wiring loom, then emerged again near the back of the intake manifold, where I could barely see it. I felt around with my hand for open connections, and I found one, so I hooked it up, and I have air blowing out of the regular vents now!!!

Thanks a million!
Cool...Glad to guide you in the right dirrection to fix it...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool...Glad to guide you in the right dirrection to fix it...
now send him the bill
Old 07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
now send him the bill
...lol...Nah just here to help when I can and I knew that was an easy fix...
Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Bringing back an old thread here...

Where do you guys in the IE take your F bodies for front end alignment?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I just take mine to Big O Tire and just give them the alignment specs I want. I interact with the actual tech who is aligning it in-case he can't actually set the car to the alignment specs I'm going for.

P.S. Is there a better way?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send Ken(1 BLOWN V8) a PM, I always take my cars to the shop he works at for alignments, they have always done good work on my cars. I take my car there to patch the tires too, other than that I do all of my work myself.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Any one else know of good "general" shops in the Inland Empire? I still need to get my front end aligned...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Regular "Non-performance" Shops in the IE