Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quick "bursts" before boost builds?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick "bursts" before boost builds?

Pardon me if this is a noob question, i searched and didn't find anything...
I'm new to the FI world, running a GT67 STS kit, Air to air intercooled, wrapped exhaust, 42.5# inj. Walbro 255, with a meth kit that I've yet to use....on an 04' forged LS6.
The question i believe is more geared towards fueling? ( 5lbs of boost BTW )

When in first especially, it sometimes seems as if the boost starts to kick in, then returns to vacuum, (falls on its ***) and then starts pulling like a **** again. The tune was done by a sponser on the board ( not saying names, not trying to dog) but is this normal/a problem with the tune/my fuel system...
Any answer to my newb questions is appreciated.... Still trying to read/learn about all this.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Once you lay into it, it should stay in boost until you let off. If it boggs down or goes into vacuum after you lay into it, somethings wrong, might get the tune checked out again.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have a wideband? Sounds like your getting alot of fuel for that brief second
Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Do you have a wideband? Sounds like your getting alot of fuel for that brief second
Ya ...... hmm I bet this large amount of fuel for that brief spurt is what made my line come off the rail the other day... (clip was of a tad and o rings were bad, but still...)
I do have an A/F, but it doesn't actually read out the A/F...something with how it was tuned and the MAF...it reads out the open/closed loop. Honestly not sure how it works as it was setup pre-ownership.
I bought it this past week, and am trying to work/identify/fix bugs.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superman09
Once you lay into it, it should stay in boost until you let off. If it boggs down or goes into vacuum after you lay into it, somethings wrong, might get the tune checked out again.
I may have jumped the gun on the vacuum comment, my boost guage is in the A/C control location so it's hard to read while driving hard, but judge from the feel of it, it definately bogs itself down for a brief second pre boost.............
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
I may have jumped the gun on the vacuum comment, my boost guage is in the A/C control location so it's hard to read while driving hard, but judge from the feel of it, it definately bogs itself down for a brief second pre boost.............

I agree it sounds like the tune is dumping more fuel than you need just before you hit boost. Get a wideband on it and see what your A/F is doing preboost...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Linxs
I agree it sounds like the tune is dumping more fuel than you need just before you hit boost. Get a wideband on it and see what your A/F is doing preboost...
Going to try to tonight, not sure if I know anyone that has a wideband. Seems to not build boost very well in 1st either, not sure why it'd be different. Maybe its juts me.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you maxing out the maf! If so i think it will go rich at the point the maf max's out. Not sure?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Are you maxing out the maf! If so i think it will go rich at the point the maf max's out. Not sure?
Definitely a possibility, it sure isnt a fueling issue as far as pressure goes, hooked a gauge up and drove around and it was consistently at 65psi or so.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone in indiana have a wideband that's not going to charge for the cost of a tune to hook up....?

Quick Reply: Quick "bursts" before boost builds?