Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! Textralia or LS7?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Textralia or LS7?

With my 380ish wheel hp. I'm having a hard time deciding between the LS7 and the Textralia clutches.

After two runs down the 1/4 last night, I believe my stock clutch is on the out. Wouldn't let me into 4th on 1st run, and 2nd run...slipped horribly off the line and pretty much ground in and out of every gear(still only netting a pathetic 13.1 @105mph..unfortunately my personal best as of yet due to this mysterious shifting bug.) Only does it when hot.

But with the 8-15k mile quoted life of the textralia...would I be better off going with the LS7 and saving some cash? That way I could more easily afford a sixspeedsinc rebuild on my trans while it's out. I just don't want to have to replace it with something better if I decide to do another head/cam swap a year or two down the road. Want to fix this f'ing thing and need some help. Thanks guys.

Rick.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Launching!

I Cant Speak On The Oz Tex, But The Twin And The Triple Are Beautiful
Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Staging Lane

I just recently put the LS7 in my car along with the LS7 flywheel... I quite like it honestly.. It grabs great in every gear... And wasn't that bad (price wise) either.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Launching!

The only things keeping me away from the LS7 are the hot lap issue. Supposedly it will slip more with each pass at the strip. Not that I'm all for drag racing, but plan on giving road racing a shot next spring and would rather not have my clutch start slipping on me on either the road course or 1/4 mile.

I know the Textralia exo skel double and triple are some of the best buy's out there. But... they just cost so damn much. More than double the ls7...even more because I plan on upgrading the slave, master, pilot bearing and doing one of the cheaper rebuilds from sixspeedsinc.com. urgh. It stinks being in school and not having endless funds for modifications.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Go with the tex.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

The only things keeping me away from the LS7 are the hot lap issue. Supposedly it will slip more with each pass at the strip. Not that I'm all for drag racing, but plan on giving road racing a shot next spring and would rather not have my clutch start slipping on me on either the road course or 1/4 mile.
I've run the **** out of my LS7 clutch at the track. Two separate trips on MT et street radials over 40 passes and up to 7K clutch dumps. Best 60' of 1.69

I'm around 400 rwhp and so far I have logged about 4K miles on the LS7 clutch and I am very pleased. Drives like stock yet chirps fourth gear on the ET streets. Hot lapping?... First time down to the track I ran it as hard as I could literally trying to break it. I made at least ten hot laps in a row and there were so few guys at the track I was simply turning around at the burnout box and making another pass. I gave that thing HELL and its still driving fine. For your power levels the tex is overkill IMO especially when you consider the price difference.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What else are you planning on doing. With 400 hp you should be fine with either. Anymore and i would recommend the text. I just put mine in and after 60 miles, i love it.no track runs yet.

FYI, do not hotlap!!!!!!!!!! Cant emphasize this enough. it is a very good way to break sutff. Oil temp sky rockets, your trans heats up, etc. Dont do more than 2 runs i na row and at most, 3.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Awesome tips. Thanks guys. I honestly think I'm going to go with the LS7. The textralia may be a way nicer clutch but it also is pretty much double the price. As you stated, at my hp level, it should be fine.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

I would go the ls7 setup, bang for the buck def, + new hydraulics etc, can't beat it. I'm making 460 to the wheel and I need to get a new clutch, this ls6 clutch isn't workin out so well lol. Clutch might be fine though, my hydraulics are junk.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

the textralia better last longer, i didn't spend 1K for nothing.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:23 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

the textralia better last longer, i didn't spend 1K for nothing.
When/if you wear it out post up how long it lasted many of us would like to know some long term feedback. If it lasts a long time the extra price would be worth it
Old 08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The tex should last WAY more than the above quoted mileage. However, with 380rwhp, there is NO WAY you need to spend that much on a clutch. I have a Tex, but I kind of need it with well over 500rwhp in a 4k+# car with future HP upgrades planned. With 380, I would vote LS7 all day long. Maybe while you are wearing out the ls7, you can save up time and money for more HP, then get the Tex.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

I bought the text because it was highly recommended if you spray. I also bought it for future mods. the clutch is going in tomorrow so hopfully all goes well..

Quick Reply: Help! Textralia or LS7?