Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey everyone! New user just beginning research (240sx owner)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everyone! New user just beginning research (240sx owner)

Hey everyone, please forgive me if my post is out of order and garbled, it's 3:30 AM and I am coming down with a nasty cold.

I am currently playing with the idea of doing an LSx (probably LS1) swap into my 240sx. I fell in love with the engine/transmission combo when I drove my father's bone stock 2000 C5 FRC. The low end torque is astonishing, and the powerband just does not want to drop off until very late in its RPM range. The fact that the 6th gear is (seems to be) designed for cruising only is extremely nice. I have to admit that I hate the shifter feel, but I think at that point I'm just being too picky.

I noticed in the Wiki pages that there seems to be an accepted feeling towards "tuners/ricers/import guys." In a way, ls1tech and I share many feelings towards several import owners. That being said, it seems that there is a general prejudice against all import owners. I hope that this feeling isn't accepted and shared among the LS1 population as it is portrayed in the Wiki page. Mostly, I hope that my goal to own an LSx powered 240sx will not be hindered by peoples views on this forum.

That being said, there seems to be a lot of great information and general collaboration on this forum, and I hope to eventually be a part of it.

Next step is to find a good place/user to buy a complete used engine/transmission/ecu/harness/accessories setup. I find no reason in purchsing a crate engine. So far craigslist looks pretty good.

Thanks for checking out my first post, and I hope to see you all around the forum!

Luke
Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Teching In

good morning and good luck with your project.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Launching!

welcome. This site is no more biased than any import forum, and I would venture to say that is less biased than most. Enjoy your stay.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks all. I am in no place to make judgement on general feelings towards Domestic owners on import forums other than Nissan forums. On Nissan forums, people either have no idea about domestics at all, or wish they had an LS1 swapped 240sx.

Day two of research begins. If there are any DIY LSx guys in the New England area, especially ME and NH, I would love to hear from you.

Luke
Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Taiden
Day two of research begins. If there are any DIY LSx guys in the New England area, especially ME and NH, I would love to hear from you.

Luke
Where are you from? I'm in western Maine.

Look at TAcreationsusa.com and clevelend pick-a-part for pullouts.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IHeartTurbo
Where are you from? I'm in western Maine.

Look at TAcreationsusa.com and clevelend pick-a-part for pullouts.
I'm in Falmouth! If you want an extra hand when you go to do your swap, please let me know.

Thanks a ton for the links, they are extremely helpful!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome, you're one of many 240SX owners doing the LSx swap, check out our conversion/hybrid forum.
Most people here give respect to any car when respect is due. I personally am a huge fan of 240SX LS1 swaps, the power to weight is awesome.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Taiden
I'm in Falmouth! If you want an extra hand when you go to do your swap, please let me know.

Thanks a ton for the links, they are extremely helpful!
You're only about 1.5hrs from me. I didn't realize there were any other 240 owners around these parts. I've only seen 2 since I've gotten mine and they were both pieces of ****.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IHeartTurbo
You're only about 1.5hrs from me. I didn't realize there were any other 240 owners around these parts. I've only seen 2 since I've gotten mine and they were both pieces of ****.
Mine isn't a piece of ****, but it is bone stock at the moment. Hopefully we can meet up sometime! I have a friend in Lewiston who is building a KA-T at the moment, and he has a few Maine friends with KA-Ts.

Check this thread out, it's a thread about my S13 on KA-T.org.

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic...128&highlight=