Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

s13 240 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s13 240 owner

Hey guys,

My name's Ahmed, I'm up here in Canada, I'm on my nightshift and bored, so I decided to post up something hehe.

I've been watching this forum a little lately, awesome stuff.

Amazed at the LS1 engine and newer variants (LS2, LS7, etc...), totally awesome engine.

I own a 91 S13 240sx hatchback... building her up, however I was kind of stuck on engine options until I witnessed the greatness of the LS1.

It's lighter than stock, flat torque of a v8, just plain better. Better imho than the sr20det no matter how built and even the ka24det (the later which I was considering opting for until I finally decided it's not worth it either for my goals and that the ls1 is a better choice).

I am not into drag racing, but i want a power edge with this car as well... and in a car much lighter, I'm sure I can achieve it with the right supporting mods and suspension/tire/etc.. setup... a 10-11sec quarter mile in this car would be more than possible, not to mention reliable heck even better on gas with such a stronger/bigger and better engine and transmission (t56)

I am more so into handling, but with what can be done with the ls1, lower end torque, further back and lower in engine bay, more compact (being a v8 engine), and aluminum... its a done deal...

If I had the money I would most definetely get a corvette z06/z07... amazing car... in the meantime i want to build this car.

Anyways just thought id post up, i want to find information on LS1 v8 swaps into the s13 240sx chassis.... ive been told theres lots of info here.

Last edited by a_ahmed; 08-10-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 AM
Teching In

you do realize you ll have a hard time finding ricer acceptance here right? haha i had a jdm s13 a year ago. im just rollas and a gto now though. welcome ...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Teching In

lol thats lame, owning a japanese car is 'rice'? Even american 'domestic' vehicles can be riced.

I don't believe in 'jdm tyteness' just in good car dynamics be it european, japanese or american, but thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Come on over to the Conversions/Hybrids section. The S13 and S14 swap is mapped out fully over there. MANY have done it and its a very popular swap. Nobody there considers it a ricer swap. There are many threads ongoing now about it and many in the past. The S13 and S14 swaps are basically the same...as most of the changes occurred in body not in structure of the car. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Teching In

hey whats up man welcome, here is a site that will get the eng in your car and running, they are great people...

http://hinsonsupercars.com/partsMainS13.htm
Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AnDy R
hey whats up man welcome, here is a site that will get the eng in your car and running, they are great people...

http://hinsonsupercars.com/partsMainS13.htm
Hinson is way overpriced. Don't buy their ****.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hi there! Seems I'm not the only one Silvia fan here
I'm still slowly upgrading my S13 and got Firebird also, but was afraid to start such conversion like you want. So I'm building my 1.8T but Firebird will also get a couple of turbos as soon as I figure out how to tune PCM and how to swap to TH400
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Teching In

they are overpriced for some things but not all...like all thier rx7 stuff is nicely priced...i noticed some of thier s13/4 is pricey