Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SLP, RKSport, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP, RKSport, etc.

SLP and RKSport both have the same items, slightly different in design, but big price difference. RKSport seems to be cheaper. Is RKSport any good? Which has better products? What about customer service and returns? What other after market companies are good to look at? I've also been looking an Maryland Speed, too.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Banned

look around at all the different sponsors. i tend to stick with ls1speed myself. and about to spend big bucks with Strano and UMI!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked for RKSport for about 1.5 years... The only things RKSport actually makes "in house" are the body part stuff for the most part... everything else is obtained through other manufacturers... half the stuff they carry that's not body parts, is gotten from someone else and they slap their name on them as if they make it... which has nothing to do with the quality of the parts... they are still good... for example, their RKSport flywheel is actually made by Fidanza, and their RKSport MAF is actually a Granatelli etc... If you order any parts from them ask for FRANK and tell him WES sent ya there from the LS1Tech website... he's a really good guy and the best one there for customer service...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Wes do you remember me with the pewter '02 Z28 vert. I've used RKS instead of SLP because of location. I drive down to RKS no shipping or waiting. I've gotten many compliments on the fit and quality of the SS spoiler I got from RKS. SLP= higher price + shipping.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by chevystyle
SLP and RKSport both have the same items, slightly different in design, but big price difference. RKSport seems to be cheaper. Is RKSport any good? Which has better products? What about customer service and returns? What other after market companies are good to look at? I've also been looking an Maryland Speed, too.
What parts are you looking for?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alex @ CMS
What parts are you looking for?
Not looking for anything just yet, but when I'm ready, I'll be looking for suspension, body components, performance options and some other toys. But first things first, I still need to get me a Camaro. I'm still trying to find the right one.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say stay away from RK Sport...Sponsers here have some nice stores, check em out
Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

RKSport is a good place to go to when looking for cheap body parts. The fit an finish isn't perfect but you can't compain for the money.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by chevystyle
Not looking for anything just yet, but when I'm ready, I'll be looking for suspension, body components, performance options and some other toys. But first things first, I still need to get me a Camaro. I'm still trying to find the right one.
Let me know when you decide on what suspension and performance parts you wan. We carry BMR, UMI and my favorite Burkheart Chassis And Madman Racing.

If your looking for hoods we have an account with VFN and i can get Joe Van Overbeek stuff too.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

I got myself an SS hood from them for $300
and it fit great! Even better, I didn't pay for shipping since they are located in so cal
Old 08-26-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I say stay away from RK Sport...Sponsers here have some nice stores, check em out
It would be better if you provided some valid info instead of just "stay away". That means absolutely nothing.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
It would be better if you provided some valid info instead of just "stay away". That means absolutely nothing.
You've been here since '05 with over 1,000 posts and you havent heard any stories cmon...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

i used to buy from RK sport all the time.. back in 98,99 and 00... when they were in Oceanside. I usually bought from "Bobby".. which turned out to be some old lady.. she was at least nice... i never had any issues with anything i bought from them. And everyone in the office and wherehouse was nice. Not sure how it is now..

Quick Reply: SLP, RKSport, etc.