Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Monday Night Cruise-in at Hooter's of Lake Norman in Mooresville, NC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monday Night Cruise-in at Hooter's of Lake Norman in Mooresville, NC!!

I am hosting a cruise-in at Hooter's of Lake Norman in Mooresville, NC every Monday night from 6 pm to 9 pm (or later if you want). This is the second year we have had this cruise-in. It was started by Tom Bless in June of 2006 at Zaxby's in Mooresville. We continued to have the cruise-in there through October. During the months of November and December, we hosted two big Saturday cruise-ins, one in each month at Hooter's to try out the new location. We were running out of room at Zaxby's and they would not let us use the entire parking lot. So we tried Hooter's. The two Saturday events were a huge success with anywhere from 75 to 100 cars! That was the last cruise-in we had until we started a new season on April 19, 2007. Since then, every Monday night we had a cruise-in. The season is scheduled through October 8, 2007 - so there is not much time left before the end.

During the end of July, Tom Bless was no longer able to host the cruise-in due to personal issues. Kevin Flick and I took over to keep the cruise-in going. It is not as big as it was when Tom was doing it, only becasuse there was an entire month of rain and clouds that eventually allowed the interest to dwindle away. Plus, the extreme heat has turned people away until later in the night with cooler temperatures. We got it back up to almost full potential. The past three weeks have seen a very good turnout - with most of the parking lot filled with showing cars (we have not been blocking off the entire parking lot).

When the season is over in October, we will host two more big Saturday cruise-ins, just like the year before. One will be held on Saturday, November 10, 2007 and the other will be Saturday, December 15, 2007. These dates are still plans but I believe they will be perfect days! We will also be doing two additional Saturday cruise-ins to begin the season. These will be Saturday, February 9, 2008 and Saturday, March 15, 2008. We will begin the next season on Monday, April 7, 2008. Again, these are all tentative dates.

Back to this year. Next Monday (or the following), we may have a special "appearance" from a team that performs pit stop shows! I guess that is the best way to phrase it. Anyway, that is still in the plans! So whoever can make it out this year, we would love to have you.

Some more details about cruise-in:
  • The parking lot will be blocked off for those that wish to show their vehicle.
  • ALL VEHICLES ARE WELCOME TO THIS CRUISE-IN!!
  • When registering your vehicle at the registration table, fill out the small form for the FREE raffle that is done at 8:30 pm. Fill out the big form if this is your first time at the cruise-in. You will not need to fill out the big form after that until the next season.
  • Anyone who registers their vehicle by 8:30 pm will receive an orange ticket for 10% off all food at Hooter's that night!
  • Hooter's may have beer for sale outside at a discounted price. This will depend on Hooter's and should not be expected.
  • We may have additional raffles, free or not, at some of the cruise-ins.
  • THERE WILL BE NO BURNOUTS OR ANY KIND OF RECKLESS DRIVING. The Mooresville Police will come due to the local businesses calling with complaints. We do not want to have this cruise-in shut down. PLEASE RESPECT THIS!
  • PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE DRUNK. HOOTER'S DOES SELL BEER AND OTHER ALCOHOLIC DRINKS. If you do not feel like driving or if you have had too much to drink, there will almost always be someone to take you home or you can call a cab! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!

Directions:
  • From the south: Take I-77 north to Exit 36. Turn left off the exit ramp and go to the second stop light. There will be Shell gas station and a Hardee's on the right. Turn right onto this road. You will come up to the last road (I believe) on the right. This is Gallery Center Drive. Follow the road until you see Hooter's on the right!
  • From the north: Take I-77 south to Exit 36. Turn right off the exit ramp and go to the first stop light. There will be Shell gas station and a Hardee's on the right. Turn right onto this road. You will come up to the last road (I believe) on the right. This is Gallery Center Drive. Follow the road until you see Hooter's on the right!
  • Anywhere else: PM me for specific directions and I will see if I can help.

OK guys! I think that is it! Sorry for the long post. If you have any questions, please PM me! Again, there are only 5 weeks left! So hurry and come on out to these cruise-ins!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds pretty cool...Also pretty cool that it's right down the street from my house. If I can get off work in time, I'll try and make it. I don't have my SS anymore, so I don't really have anything to show; but I'll make an appearance in my Jeep.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe glenn can get that 6 sec. 1/8 mile jeep cherokee to come out for ya!
he's italian, so i know he has connections.lol
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wvaboy
maybe glenn can get that 6 sec. 1/8 mile jeep cherokee to come out for ya!
he's italian, so i know he has connections.lol
haha very funny! but yeah it would be awesome to get him out here. I dont know him so i wouldnt be able to contact. I did talk to him once before just for a few seconds but didnt get his name or contact info. pretty much just said hey and nice jeep! haha but yeah if only we could get him out here!! i will see if i can find anyone that knows him!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Ill probably be there Monday. Got to bring Matt a few parts I got for him and come hang out some. See yall there.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Ok guys! Here's the deal. The show will of course go on! Monday night from 6 to 9 (or whenever you want to leave). Here's the interesting part. DST, a program that does pit stop "shows" (I dont know details of what they call it) may come this Monday. They usually like to set up these shows at local events and called me about it. We have been trying to set it up for a little while and they said they would call by Monday afternoon if they were going to go ahead with it this week. If so, I will be blocking off one side of the parking lot. This will be the side that does NOT have the entrance (the side that overlooks Golden Corral). I will see about blocking off the entire parking lot so we have the extra room since there are a lot of people who have said they want to come. Hopefully they will all show and we can fill out the parking lot, except for the part with DST. So bring friends and let's have some fun. If there is a good amount of people (at least 10 or 15) by 7:00, I will probably go ahead with the raffle (most likely). Got it? If you need directions or any other info, look in the first post, which is fairly detailed. If you have any questions, PM me!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Hey guys! Sorry for the late post again! We will be having another cruise-in tomorrow from 6 to 9. I will be there the entire time and we will be having a special appearance. DST will be coming with their car and team to finally show for us! DST is a group that usually goes to the local car shows and cruise-ins. They perform and practice pit stop simulations in an attempt to get younger crowds (like the Monday night Hooter's group) to become more interested. They can explain a lot more when they are there. We have been trying to work things out and get this going for a long time. I forgot to call Hooter's yesterday and today (I guess I am lazy!) to ask them about the parking situation but I assume it shoud be ok. Hooter's hasn't been so happy because we have been taking up some of their spaces for customers, especially with Monday Night Football. But last week, we had more than 10 spaces open that were not within the cones, so I cant seen how they can complain about not having enough. They dont even fill them! Anyway, I will call Hooter's as soon as I get out of class at 12:15 and beg them to let us use up some more spaces.

Well, I hope I will get to see a lot of you there. I am still undecided about where we are going to have DST and where we are going to have the cars showing but it will probably be the usual (cars in the front) with DST on the Golden Corral side. Again, depending on the number of cars that we see there, we will determine whether or not to do the raffle. Chances are, we won't do it but hey, if I have a decent amount there, I will go for it. I have a lot of stuff to give away, not to mention some very expensive stuff...hint, hint! ooh and lately I havent been giving out the 10% off discount but chances are I will tomorrow.

So come on out, bring your cars, bring your friends, and have some fun! Thanks guys!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06M6TorridGTO
Hey guys! Sorry for the late post again! We will be having another cruise-in tomorrow from 6 to 9. I will be there the entire time and we will be having a special appearance. DST will be coming with their car and team to finally show for us! DST is a group that usually goes to the local car shows and cruise-ins. They perform and practice pit stop simulations in an attempt to get younger crowds (like the Monday night Hooter's group) to become more interested. They can explain a lot more when they are there. We have been trying to work things out and get this going for a long time. I forgot to call Hooter's yesterday and today (I guess I am lazy!) to ask them about the parking situation but I assume it shoud be ok. Hooter's hasn't been so happy because we have been taking up some of their spaces for customers, especially with Monday Night Football. But last week, we had more than 10 spaces open that were not within the cones, so I cant seen how they can complain about not having enough. They dont even fill them! Anyway, I will call Hooter's as soon as I get out of class at 12:15 and beg them to let us use up some more spaces.

Well, I hope I will get to see a lot of you there. I am still undecided about where we are going to have DST and where we are going to have the cars showing but it will probably be the usual (cars in the front) with DST on the Golden Corral side. Again, depending on the number of cars that we see there, we will determine whether or not to do the raffle. Chances are, we won't do it but hey, if I have a decent amount there, I will go for it. I have a lot of stuff to give away, not to mention some very expensive stuff...hint, hint! ooh and lately I havent been giving out the 10% off discount but chances are I will tomorrow.

So come on out, bring your cars, bring your friends, and have some fun! Thanks guys!
I talked to Hooter's today and they are okay with DST coming. However, there is a new (I think) female manager working there that I talked to and she mentioned stuff about customers getting the front parking spaces and the cruise-in on the sides since it is pretty much just a "hangout" type event! I didnt understand too much so I will be heading there around 4:30 and getting things squared away and set up. Just know that the parking may be different tonight and probably the next two weeks from what it used to be! If they do keep us on the sides, I will have the Golden Corral side reserved for the cruise-in cars. The other side (by the entrance) will be for DST, since there are more spaces (two full rows of spaces, facing each other) for cars on the Golden Corral side than on the other side (only one full row and then a small row of spaces facing it). I think that's how it is but I could be wrong. We may also need to utilize some of the parking area in the back. You will see how it works out when you get there. This is actually starting to seem like it did at Zaxby's. They wouldnt let us use their entire parking lot. So we left to find a place that did. And now Hooter's is trying to limit us as well. We just need to get like 50 cars there and show them we need it all!!! haha

So come on out tonight! I will talk with this new manager and make sure she lets us use the 10% discount that we havent done in a while.

See you all there at 6:00!!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Hey guys (and girls)! We are having another cruise-in at Hooter's tomorrow, Oct. 1! This may be the LAST ONE for the season, unless we can get a turnout of AT LEAST 25 cars this week. If we do, I will go ahead with Oct. 8 (our scheduled day to be the last cruise-in of the season). I am expecting to have over 50 cars and I want it to be HUGE!!! Bring many cars with you. I will be telling Hooter's that they are gonna need to give us the space WE need tomorrow, otherwise we are gonna have to find a new place for next year. I would like to have anyone and everyone to make it out tomorrow. So come on out!!!

OOH AND WE WILL HAVE THE 10% DISCOUNT TOMORROW, along with a possible raffle.

So come out, eat some food, hang out with those that love cars, and have a heck of a lot of fun!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Teching In

WE HAD 37+ CARS AT THE MONDAY NIGHT SHOW! I counted 37, but there may have been more. We are having our last show of the year tomorrow night from 6 to 9 PM!! I am expecting 50 to 60 or more cars tomorrow! We will be doing the 10% off discount for all food at Hooter's that night just like last time. When you come in, please find me so I can give you an orange ticket. One will be for the 10% discount. The other will be for a raffle. I will be giving stuff out but will not be using the mic because of Monday Night Football. Hooter's wont let us use the speakers over the TV's. haha Chances are I will just use a raffle ticket number and just find people or whatever. Or just give away the stuff! haha

Anyway, this is the last Monday Night cruise-in at Hooter's for the year. Possibly the last at Hooter's period if I host it next year. However,we will be doing two more shows this year! One in November and One in December. Both on Saturday afternoons!

So, everybody, bring friends, fun, and most importantly, nice cars!

Quick Reply: Monday Night Cruise-in at Hooter's of Lake Norman in Mooresville, NC!!