Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Georgia Tech fans

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Georgia Tech fans

Might Georgia Tech have a chance to go undefeated this year? Miami,come on. Florida state, almost got beat by uab. Clemson, Thats a hard one. VT, to early to tell? Boston college,Georgia, look to be VERY beatable....so what do you think? might this be the year?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

It's possible, however from the games so far I don't really think you can tell, ND sucks this year, and samford, well I don't even need to say anything about that.

It's definitely looking good so far though. Tashard has the potential to be a Heisman candidate and Dwyer is tearing it up behind him. Bennett has looked good so far in that he hasn't made any of the stupid mistakes reggie was so good at making, but he still needs more experience against quality opponents.

I think if we win convincingly over BC and Clemson (or heck I'll take any type of win), then that will be a good indication of a great season to come.

Realistically, I don't think it will happen, but I do think Tech will win more games than usual. Anything is possible though. It's been a long time since we were ranked 15th after 2 weeks.

Last edited by infinitebird; 09-10-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

UGA May lose every game in a season, except against Tech. It's a rule of the universe, Georga will beat Tech. You'd think that as intelligent as these techies are supposed to be, they'd have figured that one out after all these years.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tech is looking good and have a nice sched.

I wouldn't say undefeated, but I think they're going to do pretty well. And yes, I'm a UGA fan, tech comes in at number 2 ;-)
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Might Georgia Tech have a chance to go undefeated this year? Miami,come on. Florida state, almost got beat by uab. Clemson, Thats a hard one. VT, to early to tell? Boston college,Georgia, look to be VERY beatable....so what do you think? might this be the year?
GT will not go undefeated this year.they played a terrible ND team,and who's Samford?My Miami got raped Saturday but that was by the #3 team in the country. and unfortunantly for us FSU and VT,we actually played worthy opponents our first couple of games,unlike other teams..so GT will have a good season but not an undefeated one
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
GT will not go undefeated this year.they played a terrible ND team,and who's Samford?My Miami got raped Saturday but that was by the #3 team in the country. and unfortunantly for us FSU and VT,we actually played worthy opponents our first couple of games,unlike other teams..so GT will have a good season but not an undefeated one

are you kidding? vt played east ******* carolina their first week. FSU played UAB, Tech played Samford, Miami played marshall(and are playing florida atlantic or some other shitty team this week). STFU about schedules.

Miami ******* sucks.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

what in the past the weeks prove to you that GT will go undefeated,beating ND and Samford.that fact is GT hasn't played anyone UM,VT,and FSU played #5,#2, and a decent Clemson team,correct.its no different thanthe UF fans here in gainesville every year when they play cream puffs the first couple of games.you dont prove anything.UM,VT, and FSU at least showed against tough opponents that they suck.what has GT showed,that against a ND team w/o a qb,rb,wr,te,ol and defense they can put up 39 points,and against Samford(are they in the league formerly known as 1-AA?)they can put up 69.

Last edited by 98MNBZ28; 09-10-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
UGA May lose every game in a season, except against Tech. It's a rule of the universe, Georga will beat Tech. You'd think that as intelligent as these techies are supposed to be, they'd have figured that one out after all these years.
Not always, but I do admit that uga typically wins 60-70% of the time. The all time series is 58-38, and if you look at say the last 10 years, uga has won 7, tech has won 3.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

what in the past the weeks prove to you that GT will go undefeated,beating ND and Samford.that fact is GT hasn't played anyone
um... in case you have trouble reading, no one in this thread has stated that they think GT will go undefeated.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what in the past the weeks prove to you that GT will go undefeated,beating ND and Samford.that fact is GT hasn't played anyone UM,VT,and FSU played #5,#2, and a decent Clemson team,correct.its no different thanthe UF fans here in gainesville every year when they play cream puffs the first couple of games.you dont prove anything.UM,VT, and FSU at least showed against tough opponents that they suck.what has GT showed,that against a ND team w/o a qb,rb,wr,te,ol and defense they can put up 39 points,and against Samford(are they in the league formerly known as 1-AA?)they can put up 69.

I in no way said that gt was going undefeated.. I was just kindly pointing out that talking about strength of schedule argument is flawed... because UM and all the other schools you listed have or will play creampuff schools.

Miami

gt will prove how shitty miami is, in just about a month
Old 09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ba78ta
I in no way said that gt was going undefeated.. I was just kindly pointing out that talking about strength of schedule argument is flawed... because UM and all the other schools you listed have or will play creampuff schools.

Miami

gt will prove how shitty miami is, in just about a month
did you my first post,i compared our first two games to GT.you cant say that GT first two opponents were any harder than ours.GT has a good team,but haven't showed that their great.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

GT put up 69 points in a game where they played almost 80 players, that's their entire fecking bench. First string would have stacked at least 100 points against those poor bastards.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DietCoke
GT put up 69 points in a game where they played almost 80 players, that's their entire fecking bench. First string would have stacked at least 100 points against those poor bastards.
...in the first half. tech may not have played anyone that great but as far as saying who all has played ranked teams and what not thats crap. hell michigan was what #5 preseason? ya those rankings(aside from usc, lsu and maybe a couple others) are complete crap. tech wasnt even ranked despite going to the acc championship game. i dont care how bad anyone thought the game was had that been uga i gaurantee you every back woods hick in the south east would have been bitching.

cliff notes: tech is about to open some eyes in the coming weeks so find some new excuses.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Only chance they have of going undefeated is if they get a new coach in the next few weeks.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

OVERRATED
Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Easy to talk **** after that fact huh? I am not a tech fan nor will I ever be but if you are gonna be a ball buster have the nuts to do it before the game. It is hard to step up your game for a big team like BC when all you have played is powder puffs and have a young team.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

if you read my other post,i said that gt is unproven and have not played anyone yet,and what happened once they did,they got their *** whoop.their defense had no answers for bc passing game.gt has a very experienced d that had no answers for the pasing attack,and mr.choice was shut the **** down.this game just proved my point,they were not going undefeated and they were unproven
Old 09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

OVERRATED
Nobody was talking about GT being the best team in the nation or anywhere close. Boston College has the #4 defense in the nation so its gonna be tuff to score on them when you have a VERY average QB and a "coach" if you can even call him that who is to big of a pansy to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 50 !!!! I will always be a tech fan but this coach has got to go or Tech is in for YEARS of more bad seasons when they could actually be a good team.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of parity in college Football these days. Undefeated is tougher than ever in any league. The ACC is down this year IMHO. Lots of YOUNG players.

The GAYTORS look strong and LSU looks even better and I don't believe either of them will go undefeated. Exciting times boyz...enjoy.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

gt has a very experienced d that had no answers for the pasing attack
Our line and linebackers are experienced, the secondary is kind of weak and I figured that would be what they tried to exploit. Have to give credit to Ryan, we had no answer for him and he made some amazing throws.

Quick Reply: Georgia Tech fans