Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows Vista and Datalogging.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windows Vista and Datalogging.

Just got a new laptop. Not by choice, my Toshiba died hard. It's got Vista on it, and I can't get TTS Datamaster to work. I see that it's a problem with the software, as other people have the same problem. TTS is no help from what a few people have told me.

I'm looking for any kind of software that I can use to datalog on my LT1 that isn't expensive. It has to work with Vista.

If there isn't any option that fits that bill, can somebody point me to a good site on dual booting XP and Vista?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about dataloggin, but I have vista and just figured what DVD burning software works.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Not sure about dataloggin, but I have vista and just figured what DVD burning software works.
I had vista on my home pc for about a week before I was about to throw it against the wall, quickly went back to win xp.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
I had vista on my home pc for about a week before I was about to throw it against the wall, quickly went back to win xp.
Yea, I was about to to.. But, after researching, it works pretty damn good, once you get used to it.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Takes too much RAM to do anything has more features though. Most people will never notice. Instead of going to the command line you can now see system uptime in the task manager. Like you ever have good uptimes with windows though.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Launching!

We have a new laptop at our marina with vista.... Now we cant even scan our outboards because the new operating system. The software is supposed to be compatable, but we cant find a driver for the cable!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

AHHHH!!! I spent about 2 hours last night setting up dual boot with an XP pro disk I had lying around. Now I can't get any drivers to work on the XP partition. This is gonna drive me nuts.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Fdisk and a XP pro install disk will work wonder for this problem. Get the spam ware off your PC.

Originally Posted by Rowdy94
Just got a new laptop. Not by choice, my Toshiba died hard. It's got Vista on it, and I can't get TTS Datamaster to work. I see that it's a problem with the software, as other people have the same problem. TTS is no help from what a few people have told me.

I'm looking for any kind of software that I can use to datalog on my LT1 that isn't expensive. It has to work with Vista.

If there isn't any option that fits that bill, can somebody point me to a good site on dual booting XP and Vista?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rowdy94

I am not sure if this will help, but I had a CNC program I use that I could not get to work on Vista. I called the manufacturer and they told me to run it in Windows XP compatability mode. I had to right click on the icon on the desktop, go to properties and go to the "compatability mode" tab and if I remember correctly, I also had to do something in the same tab about running as administrator. After a restart, the program works great with no problems. I hope this helps!!

Mike Schwochert
Old 09-15-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schwoch1
I am not sure if this will help, but I had a CNC program I use that I could not get to work on Vista. I called the manufacturer and they told me to run it in Windows XP compatability mode. I had to right click on the icon on the desktop, go to properties and go to the "compatability mode" tab and if I remember correctly, I also had to do something in the same tab about running as administrator. After a restart, the program works great with no problems. I hope this helps!!

Mike Schwochert

Yea that was the first thing I tried. I had no luck with it.

Anywho, after a little dicking around, I now have a fully functional Vista/XP dual boot! I'm actually pretty excited and proud of myself lol.

WOOOOOOOO! Datalogging again!