Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Warped axle????? Idk

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warped axle????? Idk

Ok so the other week I hydroplaned into a curb after some idiot in front of me decided to brake check me... SO I ended up have to get three new wheels,kept the tires and completely balanced them. So now the fun part. Today is a bout a week from when it happened and I as I was riding home I kept hearing something whining, high tone noise so I just wait till I get home...well my g/f is behind and when I get home she comes up and says "Your back wheels are wobbling back and forth inside the fender well." SO I tell her mom to jump in and I will follow her in her car and watch the back wheels...and sure enough they are wobbling BAD, also I think something happened to my brakes because there is alot of play in them when they used to be so sensitive. SO can anybody tale me what they thing could have broken or warped because I have no clue.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhm. How about a bent axle ?? Or two... ??
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

lol I have never even started reading about the undercarrage or anything to do under the car just the engine so I have no idea but is there any chance that it could be a warped or bent frame? idk just tell me what you guys thing about this
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...If you spun and hit a curb... your axle is what is going to take the beating. It would completely explain the 'wobble'.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like was stated its a Bent axle. The wobble because the axles are bent and the whole assembly won't run true. Also should change them for new axles soon because the wobbling axle also causes the rear brakes to drag and wear and can work the diff more causing that to wear faster as well. That is why the brakes feel bad.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

wouldn't that mess up the splines in the posi as well?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

God what would I do without you guys. lol Thank the lord for ls1tech.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1ws9ta
wouldn't that mess up the splines in the posi as well?
It might.. depending on how its bent and if you drive a ton on them. It can also ruin the axle bearings quick because the axle gets bent usually right at the bearings. I know.. I had a v6 that I drove with a bent axle for almost 2 months when I was looking to pickup a whole new rearend. The brake was toast bearing had a ton of play, and the posi was completely shot by the time I swaped the rearend.