Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 horsepower record/max horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

Willem @ Fuel Injection Concepts's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 horsepower record/max horsepower?

Who's gotten 1000+ hp/rwtq out of a t56 that lived? And who built it/what was done.

My application specifically is a C5 Corvette, so if a z06 tranny would be a stronger start let me know as well. I just know some viper guys and camaro guys have done it, but not sure about vette. Car will be making around 1000rwhp/1000rwtq and upwards.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Go with the G Force trans . They are high dollar but will fit the bill . Of the Corvette units I have built in high horse power applications , the factory main shaft fails before the rest of the box . If you don't have the cash to buy complete unit from them , I'd have a C5 trans freshened up and have someone install the 9310 Billet G force main shaft in it . I am not convinced the Z06 is any stronger because it uses a lower 1 st gear ratio which is typically weaker when you are referring to transmissions .
Old 09-22-2007, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Under Ground Racing has a T56 in a car that made 1536rwhp. It is a G-Force unit.

We just did a transmission for a company in Austin that made 1455rwhp thru a 02 GTS viper. We used a stock gear set due to the fact the customer didn't want to go with a G-force. He said he had bad luck with the last G-force he had and didn't want to spend that money again.

Mike Marillo in San Antonio has a Z06 trans we did and he makes around 1000 I think. Runs 9's and is a stock gear set with 9310 output shaft.

Amber
Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

the trans you did for the viper with the stock gear shaft... has he raced it yet? approx how much would the build cost?

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Under Ground Racing has a T56 in a car that made 1536rwhp. It is a G-Force unit.

We just did a transmission for a company in Austin that made 1455rwhp thru a 02 GTS viper. We used a stock gear set due to the fact the customer didn't want to go with a G-force. He said he had bad luck with the last G-force he had and didn't want to spend that money again.

Mike Marillo in San Antonio has a Z06 trans we did and he makes around 1000 I think. Runs 9's and is a stock gear set with 9310 output shaft.

Amber
Old 09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

He does the 1 mile shootouts not drag racing.

Amber
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's your money but after pissing away a small fortune and 3 rebuilds later, i DON"T recommend G Force t56 transmission components. i wouldn't put them in a stock f body let alone my car.

Last edited by taner; 09-28-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Banned

Their stuff is pretty crappy for the T5's but I have not had any issues with the T56 stuff I've used so far .

If you don't mind me asking , what items did you get from them and what failed on you ?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

Default pm me price of this build please

He does the 1 mile shootouts not drag racing.

Amber
please pm me or email me price of this build you did for the viper, but for a t56 c5 vette tranny. also let me know if do jobber/dealer pricing
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

i beat the **** out of my sixspeeds/t56rebuilds tranny with ~800whp. holds up pretty well. everything but the $5000 custom gear set.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

I have a stock 6 speed out of a car with 70,000 mile's on it. Will be upgrading to a stronger one shortly.The 6 speed's seem to hold a fair amount of power for stock.I am greatly satisfied with mine and will be even more with a stronger one.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Taner has had several bad gears, broken synchros and numerous other problems. I know for a fact as we have seen his gears that he got the shaft on his T56 parts from G-Force. They were hear about a month ago and he has had nothing but problems.

Amber
Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

What kind of specific problems with the G force gears ?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TT Coupe
Who's gotten 1000+ hp/rwtq out of a t56 that lived? And who built it/what was done.

My application specifically is a C5 Corvette, so if a z06 tranny would be a stronger start let me know as well. I just know some viper guys and camaro guys have done it, but not sure about vette. Car will be making around 1000rwhp/1000rwtq and upwards.
Hey TT Coupe, your in box is full and not accepting more messages. I send you a shipping label to answer your question. I do not pay you to ship it but provide that label for you. Also there is no one in the country face plated a C5/Z06 and I know for a fact there are no plans to do it. Liberty is one of my main parts suppliers and we have been asking them for 2 years to make the rings. They said not now. We are going to do the R&D but it will be next year before we attempt anything in trying to make it work.

Amber
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
FormerVendor

I can't say until taner gives me the ok. Sorry but that is between him and g-force.

Amber
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

Hey TT Coupe, your in box is full and not accepting more messages. I send you a shipping label to answer your question. I do not pay you to ship it but provide that label for you.

Amber
so you send me a shipping label with your ups/fedex account number right? so i just crate the trans and ship it without paying anything?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

I can't say until taner gives me the ok. Sorry but that is between him and g-force.

Amber
Well Taner came on here bashing them so maybe he should explain in detail how the G force gears suck and how they can be improved . I think it will benefit the board and might prevent future customers from making that same mistake .

Plus I might learn something new .........
Old 09-27-2007, 01:01 AM

thesource,

i have earned that right. I will provide a lengthy post as soon as it is permissible. actually i might build a website specifically for this nightmare i have been through. they have cost me about $5000. that took me from a broken trans prior to installing their parts to a broken trans, 3 strikes and they are out! i will leave it at that. i have bought their $2300 gearset. also bought their so-called billet keys, wtf!

I will be the first to post a successful dealing, and for the most part i keep my nightmare to myself. my real life example was living with my Agostino Racing issues, and keeping a lid on it until all of the crap came out. my lesson learned is not to shut my mouth for 2 years.

I can't believe there is ANYONE who has broken more **** in their trans than me in the last 1 year. I am going to call Guiness Book of World Records to have them establish a world record specifically for breaking a T56 trans so many f'n times. and believe me i have NEVER gone the inexpensive route when it comes to my car.

sorry if my response doesn't answer your questions, as i said it will all come out in due time. i don't care if you cryo, mikronite, and/or gold plate the **** their product do not even remotely reflect their claim to support 1200 HP, what a joke that is.

just wait till i get the t shirts made for the track and the rear window banner for my car. they had their chance to shut me up, but alas that has gone by the wayside. I have worked with Joe and Amber, they have been a great help, and also Craig at Liberty Gears.

if i can direct fellow gear bangers in the right direction and away from the wrong direction then I have done my job. NO ONE should go through what I have gone through! but then again what do i know. as one of my friends puts it i am merely a lightbulb, lmmfao!!!! (inside joke)

signed,
thoroughly pissed off

Last edited by taner; 09-27-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am making around 1000 rwhp with G-force 1-4 gear set and shafts with no problems at all. I tore the teeth off of sixth gear trying to pull it in sixth at 170+ (I know should of never of tried that) and everything looked great inside the tranny except 6th gear and the two gear counter gear that runs with 5th and 6th. All the G-force gears looked perfect. I did break my main shaft so that is when I decided to go with G-force and so far couldn't be more happy.

Last edited by speedracer5532; 09-27-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Well if thats the case Taner , why come on here bashing them only to say I can't talk about it in detail ? Just like with every thing , I am sure there are two sides to the story but I'll leave it at that ..........
Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM

as I said, I WON'T disclose too much, as I am potentially going to pursue legal action. I have already spent enough money. At this point I need to see what is most cost effective. Hell posting my experiences might be the most cost effective route. if that is the case then I will be ECSTATIC to post my experiences, take them with a grain of salt if you will.

If anyone loves their $hit that much I have almost a complete 2.71 ratio gear set for sale, pm me if interested. It has literally on a few hundred miles on it and I had these parts cryo'ed and mikronited. except for 4th gar and 2nd gear, 1st and 3rd need to be replaced, lol! so i guess there really isn't anything left with either of those 2 treatments performed. what a joke, plus a new 4th gear/input shaft is required. thing is i wouldn't sleep well at night by selling these parts to someone. so 500 for all of the "good" parts.

...source, i just pm'ed you my ph. # . feel free to call me if you want the story first hand.

Quick Reply: t56 horsepower record/max horsepower?