Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Six Speeds Inc. New Shipping Method

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Six Speeds Inc. New Shipping Method

Okay guys due to alot of recent lost shipments, bad customer service and damaged packages with DHL we have changed our carrier to UPS. We are hoping this will work out for our customers better as UPS offers a better service and is more efficient in getting the large boxes there on time.

The only negative is that we ask you to bare with us on getting the tracking numbers to you guys when you ask for them. Since we are familiar with DHL, UPS is not that much different just when shipping mulitiple items it gets a little confusing.

We are switching to UPS in hopes of providing a better shipping and customer service to our customers. Again we just ask that you be a little patient with us on look up tracking numbers until we get the hang of UPS and getting those right back to you.

Thanks,
Amber
Six Speeds Inc.

Last edited by ls1 joe; 10-01-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is terrible on there part. How you guys have good luck with UPS. The military uses DHL so go figure they suck.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to say something to you when I ordered my parts and you said they would ship via DHL- they are HORRIBLE, but I figured you knew that already . I don't know how it is everywhere, but here the DHL drivers use their own personal hoopties (believe me- hooptie is a compliment for their cars) to deliver packages- pretty ghetto company!
Joe
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Good move, DHL sucks. I remember when they lost my trans in a warehouse somewhere. Thanks to Amber's great customer service they found it 4 days later back in Texas, when it was supposed to be in North Carolina!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

Ups or Fedex is no better when it comes to large or heavy items . Freight companies and shipping them on a pallet is the only way to go .
Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's good to hear! Coming from a customer of yours that can not stand DHL.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

I know. And no shipping with a freight company is not always better. We have used both Yellow Freight and Central freight when requested by customers and they were just as bad as DHL. Maybe UPS will prove me wrong but shipping large boxes like this is always a headache when keeping track of them and time frames. So far in the last week UPS has been on time if not early.

Amber
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

UPS will drop the ball and a few transmissions while they are at .......... In one year Fedex paid over $11K in claims from units getting broken or lost . UPS has paid about a 1/3 of that in broken or lost items as well .

This is the ideal way to ship a transmission and I have not had 1 single issue since going this route .

I use a freight company thats super quick , ships world wide and usually for less than 1/4 the price of most major freight companies . Shoot me a PM if you guys are interested in knowing who the freight company is and their info ............

Oh yeah my account is restricted , guess your out of luck on that one .
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

I don't need the phone number. We crate all of our transmissions and then box them as well. We don't have damage claims just lost ones. DHL paid me over 30K this year alone for lost units.

Amber
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

How do you lose a 150 lb transmission? Yet they can get that little overnight envelope to you no problem LoL.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

Yeah that is what I am saying. Since our boxes say "Six Speeds Inc. Real Race Cars Have 3 Pedals- 888-937-4411" how in the heck do you loose it. The DHL Supervisor guys I deal with says people are stealing them. Since they ship and they can't find them they pay me. I hate that they are not honest but as long as I get my funds it is just a hassel for the customers waiting.

We try to get another trans to the customer within 2 days if at all possible. I just hope UPS proves better and I am sure they will.

Amber
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't think about the fact people would steal them. Well when mine goes you'll be the first person I call
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jon5212
How do you lose a 150 lb transmission? Yet they can get that little overnight envelope to you no problem LoL.
They don't get lost , they get stolen . Our units would leave the San Antonio terminal heading for the Dallas terminal . They would show up and never show they left Dallas . I'd call Fedex and they would say its just a glich in their system but I always knew better and by the time they lost the 7th or 8th unit , we knew something was seriously up . Sure as hell about 6 months later , the units started appearing on forums or Ebay for sale . We knew they were the ones because each unit gets its own serial number when it leaves to keep track for warranty and how old it is . After about a year of crap with Fedex , we used UPS and DHL for a very short period with the same results .

Now we only use our freight carriers and they all go shrink wrapped on small pallets . I'd rather explain to a customer about the extra freight charge versus having to build another unit and send it out to the customer while we have to deal with the shipping company to get refunded .
Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhhh, were you ever able to get the people on ebay in trouble for receiving/selling stolen goods?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jon5212
Ahhhh, were you ever able to get the people on ebay in trouble for receiving/selling stolen goods?
We contacted a few of them and the story was pretty much the same . They bought it from a friend of a friend kind of thing . Some of the units had been used but most of them were brand new . Fedex paid for most of the claims with only a minor hassel but in the end it got harder and harder with the last on resulting in us filin suit against Fedex ground and they settled out of court the day before it was suppose to be heard .

UPS and DHL are much harder to get paid through and they only want to pay for the actual cost of parts lost . They do not factor in the labor charge thats figured in when pricing the unit out or mark up of parts every business must do to stay open . As far as I am concerned , all three companies including Air Borne Express suck at large / heavy packages . For small stuff or stuff easily replacable , they are ok . Transmission cores are not easy to come by and when they are custom built for the customer , thats even harder to replace when they get stolen / lost or damaged due to ignorance , laziness or being a worthless theif .
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

lol, So did my trans make it to you yet?? it was shipped last week by DHL so I wanted to make sure. I saw this thread and was like WHAT?!?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Got here yesterday at 4pm. Made it nice and safe

Amber
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Restricted User

I remember when I ordered my T56. It shipped DHL and went from Texas to Washington State to Nevada and finally to Pittsburgh, PA. The worst part was they didn't even know where it was at half the time. Personally, I like Fed/Ex, UPS sucks as well...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Maybe if it had just a return address on it, they might not get "stolen" !!!!

If someone knows whats in it, they might have more of a notion to steal..

For lost items. I bet if you told them there was a bomb in the parcel, they would soon find it. Might get you in some trouble though lol