Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

paging alarms

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging alarms

are these paging alarms really worth it
Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 AM

i install these professionally, and i would say that in all honesty, they are worth it. Now, if you are like in a mall, or something, you will not get to the car in time to save it, or see who broke in...lets be honest here... they are in and out in 30 seconds in a busy place. However, if your car is within seeing distance from your house, or work, the paging remote will show you WHY the alarm when off, then you can look out and hopefully get a description. By now, alarms dont scare theives because no one pays attention to them, but if you remote beeps, you will know its yours and pay attention. Furthermore, since you are paying for the install anyways, the price of the paging systems only ending up costing like 100 dollars more. I recomment the Matrix 12.5X or anything else made by "Clifford"
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

i agree with above, and add that anything dei is good---clifford, viper, python
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, a paging alarm is definitely worth it.

i had someone throw a brick at my car and hit it while i was at work late one night, and i knew about it immediately. i was able to know exactly when it happened, and got a police report filed right away, even though they weren't able to catch them.

if i didn't have the paging alarm, i would not have known about it for at least another 5 - 6 hours after it happened
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I absolutely agree with every word said. Over the past weekend my pager went off around 2300hrs. I went outside and saw someone walking out of the driveway, granted that I didn't know what he was up to, I walked over to my car and noticed that my t-tops were gone. I got a brief look at the guy and the car he was driving.

Even if you do or don't act against the person/s, at least you know when something is going on so you can properly report to officers.

It's definitely worth the $$$ in exchange for a piece of mind.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

what about a kill switch??? even if they get into the car they won't be able to start it right? i mean i'm really worried because i'm going to go to clifford or viper this week and get the gps, motion detector, kill switch, etc and i the last thing i want is someone to steal it. what else can i do?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

ss2906 bad rims, i usally dont like the dark colors but damn.....they got a vision guard, mounts a camera inside the car and sends a live video feed to the lcd pager so you can see who is messing with the car, technology at its best. about 250 i think on ebay.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

http://www.compustar.com/ best in the biz!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one I carry that not only pages you but has a small camera that mounts in the car and takes a picture of whatever you point the camera. It then sends the picture to the pager so you get a picture message. It's pretty cool!! Plus it could get a picture of people that vandalize your car or stela from it. Especially if you have shady neighbors or something where you know who it is but can't prove it.