Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help ASAP

Ok my car just arrived here in Germany but the dipsh!t$ that shipped it got my key fobe wet and it corroded inside. (i cleaned but no luck) when they went to get in they tripped the stock alarm....... with UNKNOWN aftermarket alarm....

WHAT DO I DO??? I have a spare keyfobe *w/different part number by like three digits*BUT i didn't have enough time to cal. it to the car before I shipped...if I try to cal. it now will it work???

My wife is due in two weeks so I NEED my car now..

can I reset my computer by disconecting the batt. and it work or what???

PLEASE help
Old 10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You can program the spare keyfob to match your car following the instructions in the Frequently Asked Questions sticky at the top of the forum. Or, you could program the alarm off using the instructions in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....90&postcount=3
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Whitebird......

I printed off and read your instructions however they differ from InstallUniversity instruction for adding a keyfobe.....are these two seperate acts?

Also ...... the alarm is tripped so right now ALL i get is my dash "dummy lites" but it wont start sssoooo can I still program a new fobe with the car in this state and HOPE when I press the "unlock" on the NEW fobe that my alarm will reset and I can start and operate the car?

thanks for teh help so far
Old 10-26-2007, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

I am pretty sure that it has the " Anti-theft" option on it that beign the only way to unlock the car is with the fobe....after 30 seconds the car alarm sets but doors remain unlocked......if you open the doors after this time the car alarm will sound and the car will not set.....

what the shippers did was unlock the door with the KEY and no alarmed horns sounded but set the alarm.......

I know my aftermarket is under the drvr dash and its a black case that when opened you have a magnet suspended between two post ......also I have a sensor in the pass rear quarter......
Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

I can't help with an aftermarket alarm without knowing which brand and model it is.

The sensor in the right quarter is the factory shock sensor. The factory alarm system is entirely contained in the body control module (BCM) mounted under the dash behind the glovebox. The car will start even with the alarm activated as long as the correct key is used because the factory alarm is a "content theft deterrent" - it doesn't have anything to do with the starter or engine.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

the BCM ... is it a black box.... now that you said were it is I think that is what I was refering to earlier under the dash..... I wont have access to the car till monday so I can't look till then.....

I do know the car will NOT start so that would be the aftermarket part ?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

The BCM is a black box about the size of a paperback book mounted under the dash behind the glovebox. It has three connectors plugged into one end.

I read the Install University instructions and the ones in the FAQ sticky and they are basically the same - the Install University instructions are more detailed and have photos.

What makes you sure that you have an aftermarket alarm? You would have to have an aftermarket key fob to operate it in which case the posted instructions wouldn't work - they are only for the factory alarm and key fobs.

There are many reasons that your car might not start that would be unrelated to any alarm system. What happens when you try to start? Does the starter crank? Do you here clicking? Any warning lights on the dash?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98BlkBrd
I am pretty sure that it has the " Anti-theft" option on it that beign the only way to unlock the car is with the fobe....after 30 seconds the car alarm sets but doors remain unlocked......if you open the doors after this time the car alarm will sound and the car will not set.....
My car will start fine with the alarm going off, and starting it disarms it. I don't have an aftermarket alarm, though.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I have a seperate "horn" and "power wires" under my hood that compared to other 98 TA's they don't have them... there under the hood directly outboard of the ABS unit.

I was pretty pissed off at the way the transportation office was blowing me off but what I recall was...I had all the warning lights on the dash and when I inserted the key and turned it to run nothing happened with the engine/starter ..... my dash lights stayed steady no decrease in batt power... the batt. is brand new that I put in from the dealer two months ago.

I have had this happen before by accident when I opend the door just as the 30sec hit and the alarm horn sounded...I *fobed* locked then unlocked the car and all was reset ...the only thing I had after that problem was the chirp is different afterwards when I set the alarm untill I disconected/reconnected the batt. and the chirp went back to normal.....