Now Hiring: Engineers & Technology

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Arrow Now Hiring: Engineers & Technology

I've just been awarded another project here at work, and we are looking to hire some more project team members ASAP.

I'm a Project Manager in the deep water oil/gas industry for a very large installation contractor. Our company owns several ships that go out all over the world and install oil/gas equipment on the bottom of the ocean. Most of our focus is in the Gulf of Mexico, but we are currently working all over the world too. Our headquarters are located in Houston, near I45 North and Beltway 8.

We have a few positions to fill, and we tend to like car guys/gals as team members.

Project Manager
. 7+ years project related experience. Degree in engineering or engineering technology required. Limited travel or offshore exposure.

Project Engineer. 3+ years projects related experience. Degree in engineering or engineering technology required. Willing to travel, if needed. Limited offshore time, probably 50 days per year avg.

Field Engineer. 0 years experience required. Degree in engineering or eng technology required, but may also accept interns who are graduating in the next 6 months. Willing to travel, if needed. Offshore time is typically 60-80 days per year avg, typically in 2-3 week periods. Interns will not be required to travel or go offshore depending on school schedule.

CAD Designer. 1-5 years Autocad experience preferred. Offshore industry experience a bonus.

All salary is based on experience and skill level. This company pays excellent and we have excellent benefits and bonuses. Work atmosphere is fun, and the people here are top-notch to work with. We are not overtime working slave hounds, everyone still enjoys their home life and hobbies.

If you are interested in any of these positions, or have any questions, please contact me via PM.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to sign up for the fun part please.

My experience in the Automotive Industry should satisfy even the strongest critics. I am confident I could serve the company well by improving the overall morale of my Team.

For example, instead of a smelly, oily company ship I would recommend that the company charters a world class Cruise Ship for the deployment of personnel. In addition, I would encourage professional sporting groups such as the NBA to have at least one game per week onboard during long term overseas voyages.

Knowing that there are several automotive enthusiasts on staff we could bench race for hours on end, relieving stress during the workday.

These are but a few ways that I can improve the overall employee experience in your organization.

If you are interested in learning more ways that I can be of valuable service to your organization please feel free to p.m. me.

Thank you sir,

g
Old 12-04-2007, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LOL Gilbert. We are not hiring Fun Directors at this time. Oops, they just fired an intern 10 minutes ago. Another opening!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

helix is a great company to work for. the people are great, the workplace is very flexible and laid back, the pay is great, the time off and vacation is great.

There are several people in the building that own really cool cars. The big boss has 5-9 exotic cars wich he drives daily when he comes to the office.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dangit.

g
Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

MF sales job of mine! The closest I got to turning wrenches was changing oil at a Wal-Mart in college...I dream of working in a high performance mech. shop or a high paying engineering job...I should have gotten an engineering degree instead...could be out busting A$$ with an oil field crew learning something new everyday instead of in an office with my monkey suit on waiting for the phone to ring for half the $! F*!

Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 12-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by aggiez28
helix is a great company to work for. the people are great, the workplace is very flexible and laid back, the pay is great, the time off and vacation is great.

There are several people in the building that own really cool cars. The big boss has 5-9 exotic cars wich he drives daily when he comes to the office.
Good point Brook. One of the interview questions is always this:

"Do you like cars/bikes, golf, or hunting/fishing?"

If you answer 'none', your resume usually gets tossed in the trash.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

Can we surf ls1tech while we are at work? Some places frown on that you know...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like you realy have a great place to work there. Especialy the part about not working crazy overtime hours.

I probably work 4,500 hours a year where I am at.And yea it is getting old after over 5 years here.

Too bad im not an engineer!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ncnumber8
Can we surf ls1tech while we are at work? Some places frown on that you know...
As long as you keep it reasonable and get your work done.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by aggiez28
As long as you keep it reasonable and get your work done.
Exactly. Get your work done and do things well, and nobody will care if you are surfing work-safe sites.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Exactly. Get your work done and do things well, and nobody will care if you are surfing work-safe sites.
Another nice thing about working here is that the times you come in and go home and the time you take for lunch is not really set in stone. If you have stuff to do and need to leave early or come in late they dont mind as long as you get your work done and you dont miss any meetings or apointments you need to be at and it does not interfear with work.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

A.. Kva.....?

If so, I'm right across the beltway from you in the Building with the 3 big Red letters on the side.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jared H
A.. Kva.....?

If so, I'm right across the beltway from you in the Building with the 3 big Red letters on the side.
huh?? AKS?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Pimp

I'd take one of those low level jobs, but we'd just bullshit all the time and get nothing accomplished..
Old 12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Jared H
A.. Kva.....?

No, not Kvaerner. Helix Energy Solutions
www.helixesg.com
Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
it is on low boost

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
No, not Kvaerner. Helix Energy Solutions
www.helixesg.com
Jared is working across the Beltway from you at FMC I believe.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

FMC and Kvaerner are a couple miles west the beltway. We are right near I45, next door to Ricks strip-club.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Jared is working across the Beltway from you at FMC I believe.
isnt NOV across the beltway from AKS? I know they built a place there but it may be down the road a bit.