Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2JZ lexus ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZ lexus ls1 swap

I know it has come up a few times i have searched and not really found anything specific on this. I my self have a 93 SC300 5 speed i've been thinking about doing this as a just a bolt on quick street car. My gf also has a 93 GS300 that would make for a nice ls1/4l60e grocery getter and The GSs are getting very affordable as a matter of fact theres one on a local Craigslist with a blown headgasket for $750----very tempting
SO has anyone actually replaced the allmighty 2Jz for a ls1 ?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Dude do you realise how rear your 5 speed car is. Perfect swap for a 2JZGTE swap and a 6 speed but an LS1 swap would be cooler. I know there a few LS1 non turbo mark4 Supras out there so it is possible.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by E36LUVA
I know there a few LS1 non turbo mark4 Supras out there so it is possible.
Not to sound rude, but do you? I know only of one that lives in Hawaii, and the only reason I know of that is because a well regarded supraforums member has seen the car personally. I have done a lot of research on swapping an LSx into the MKIV platform, and I think I have the most documentation on a theoretic swap, but I have never heard of nor seen a swap in any stages of completion. If you have any info at all on the MKIV swap, I'd love to hear it.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
The GSs are getting very affordable as a matter of fact theres one on a local Craigslist with a blown headgasket for $750
Nice, buy it and swap!
Take a bunch of pics too
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting thread. I'd like to know more about it too..
Old 12-06-2007, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dotstereo
Not to sound rude, but do you? I know only of one that lives in Hawaii, and the only reason I know of that is because a well regarded supraforums member has seen the car personally. I have done a lot of research on swapping an LSx into the MKIV platform, and I think I have the most documentation on a theoretic swap, but I have never heard of nor seen a swap in any stages of completion. If you have any info at all on the MKIV swap, I'd love to hear it.
I stumbled across a thread on one of the Aussie forums with an LS1 Mark4 Supra and the dude had done a couple of em. Let me go browse around a little and I'll get back to ya.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by E36LUVA
Dude do you realise how rear your 5 speed car is. Perfect swap for a 2JZGTE swap and a 6 speed but an LS1 swap would be cooler. I know there a few LS1 non turbo mark4 Supras out there so it is possible.
I realize what i got, its a nice looking car too red its lowered 2" with Chrome Supra TT wheels. I picked up the car in stock form from a 55 year old lady it has 180k miles on it needed tune up and couple other little things but i ended up stealing the car for 3500. It my daily but i like it to be alittle more, as tempting as 2jzgte swap sounds i just want something with a little more ***** down low, plus theres plenty of parts avail for ls1 to make it fairly quick, like a cam only bolt on car.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

would like you like to share info?
SC is a perfect candidate i think as its slightly lighter then a supra, i think the performance would be about the same as Fbody, its like the quality of interior and comfort of a lexus but with the power of ls1. Its def doable i think i'm leaning trying out the GS wtih a 4l60e simply because its more affordable.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

I'll PM you as it would take up too much space. It seems like a pretty straightforward swap, but there are a few hurdles to overcome.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

would like you like to share info?
SC is a perfect candidate i think as its slightly lighter then a supra
PM sent. Also, the SC3 may be lighter than a Targa TT Supra, but it is heavier than an NA MKIV, especially a hardtop. All that luxury and sound deadening comes at a price. Fortunately, the weight isn't a huge difference.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would like info to, I have a Sc setting at the moment.. throw some sc400 emblems, and a cammed lsx, who would know....
Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a fun swap
Old 12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent. Also, the SC3 may be lighter than a Targa TT Supra, but it is heavier than an NA MKIV, especially a hardtop. All that luxury and sound deadening comes at a price. Fortunately, the weight isn't a huge difference.
you right i just looked it up sc is 3500lbs and n/a mkiv is 3250 sc also has a 5inch longer wheel base
Old 12-06-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLWN1
I would like info to, I have a Sc setting at the moment.. throw some sc400 emblems, and a cammed lsx, who would know....
PM'd

Originally Posted by rao
Sounds like a fun swap
I actually used some pictures of your motor mounts when I discussed a Supra/ SC swap.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it has come up a few times i have searched and not really found anything specific on this. I my self have a 93 SC300 5 speed i've been thinking about doing this as a just a bolt on quick street car. My gf also has a 93 GS300 that would make for a nice ls1/4l60e grocery getter and The GSs are getting very affordable as a matter of fact theres one on a local Craigslist with a blown headgasket for $750----very tempting
SO has anyone actually replaced the allmighty 2Jz for a ls1 ?
5 speed car, definitely RARE. I've got a 92 sitting in my garage right now getting we are putting a turbo kit on, it's my room mates car.

Fix the blown head gasket and turbo it, much better option thant the ls1. I believe a guy just made 700+rwhp on the stock sc300 bottom end.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Stock bottom end, and GTE top end?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by skinnies
5 speed car, definitely RARE. I've got a 92 sitting in my garage right now getting we are putting a turbo kit on, it's my room mates car.

Fix the blown head gasket and turbo it, much better option thant the ls1. I believe a guy just made 700+rwhp on the stock sc300 bottom end.

Josh at FSM put down 701whp on a stock unopened longblock that he picked up for a few hundred bucks. BLWN1, if you want to talk GE bottom end with a GTE top end, a guy made 970whp on a built GTE setup with a stock junkyard bottom end.

From 1992 to 2000, Lexus produced 82,538 SC300/400 body cars. A grand total of 3,883 of those had a manual transmission. If you're set on putting an LS1 into a SC, sell the 5-speed car to someone who'll appreciate it and get a cheap clapped out SC400 off Craigslist. Please.

If you're interested in keeping the car and going the NA-T route I'd be more than happy to discuss that, though I am aware that this is an LS1 site not a 2JZ site.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:12 PM
rao
TECH Resident

OT - h ow difficult is a Toyota manual transmission swap into a SC?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar

Josh at FSM put down 701whp on a stock unopened longblock that he picked up for a few hundred bucks. BLWN1, if you want to talk GE bottom end with a GTE top end, a guy made 970whp on a built GTE setup with a stock junkyard bottom end.

From 1992 to 2000, Lexus produced 82,538 SC300/400 body cars. A grand total of 3,883 of those had a manual transmission. If you're set on putting an LS1 into a SC, sell the 5-speed car to someone who'll appreciate it and get a cheap clapped out SC400 off Craigslist. Please.

If you're interested in keeping the car and going the NA-T route I'd be more than happy to discuss that, though I am aware that this is an LS1 site not a 2JZ site.
i know what people have made and put down when it comes down to it, 2jz isnt cheap to modify, a decent turbo kit will cost $$$, Going NA-T route if you do it right with headgasket, seals, new timing belt....Daves kit it will cost you 4-5k when all said and done. then youre still left with a weak tranny than can questinobaly hold 400rwhp.
Let me know what that 701rwhp car ran at the track, as a matter of fact any NA-T 400-500rwhp car, 12s? high 11s maybe which is doable with bolt ons on a stock ls1.
So you telling me that if i have a very clean manual ls1 swapped sc300 i wont be able to sell it for the same amount of money as a same car with just a 2jzswap, not to mention supra 6speed transmissions are outragous in price, hard to find and not a direct swap into SC, after you do all that work and spent all that money(damn near almost the same amount for Supra trans then the whole ls1/t56 combo) the SC is still worth about 10gs just like it would with the ls1 swap that is done right.
I have seen SCs with 50k sunk into them and people are having trouble selling them for more then 15k.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

I have seen SCs with 50k sunk into them and people are having trouble selling them for more then 15k.
+1......the reason, its not a supra.

I have been activily looking for a sc3 5-spd car to do a 6.0l/ T-56 swap in. But, I think at this time, its really hard to beat the 95-98 240sx...they are way lighter, accomodating engine compartment, huge after market, and extremely abudant.

Quick Reply: 2JZ lexus ls1 swap