Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS6 valley cover mod, for better oil control with FI

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS6 valley cover mod, for better oil control with FI

What! Are you kidding me, ????
What do u me this is not a special post ?? and does not belong in the FI section? Guys with NA and nitrous cars are not blowing out there oil dip sticks or sucking tons of oil into there intakes.
* Like FI cars*

***This post belongs in the FI section, because the PCV system must be set up, modified and correct the right way to avoid excessive blow by, oil build up in intake manifold , plumbing ,intercooler, Mass air sensor and TB, Boost build up in crankcase causing front and rear main seal leaking.

These all of the sudding things are caused and related only to FI , after a supercharger-turbocharger system is installed , Please let me know if i am wrong.

***If this is not more than enough reason to be posted in a the FI section, i and very confused,
since my car is a 01SS procharged camaro, and has oil PCV issues now since the supercharger system install. And not before when NA and stock.

I feel that only FI guys can answer the PCV problems and ? because of there experiance in dealing with the issue

FORCED INDUCTION,
Please show me your PCV systems that you guys set up with a catch can , LS1 PCV and LS6 FI motors running turbo or supercharger .

My car is a 01 SS M6 Procharged D1 Meth injection

Thinking about installing the LS6 valley cover during my rebuild.
thank you for your help

Last edited by Lawnboy; 01-03-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

wow, so I wasn't enough help directing you the link of MightyMouse's thread on how to do this correctly. If you don't want his help than you might as well I can't beleive this will be locked for the 5th time in like 3 days, lol
Old 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Restricted User

Yes his help was great and i will be following his idea, but how does my ? not belong in FI?
and i wanted to get others opions < MM is not the only expert here i am sure . and why would this thread be locked when it is so FI related???
Old 01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

I do agree with you and think that it should be covered in here aside to n/a applications due to are excessive pressure increase from our power adders. The thing is though that it has been covered lots in here and if you searched under the worrk 'pcv' you'd find more than you need to know. Now that MM thread is back from the dead that should help too. Most just hate to see the same stuff posted over and over when a simple search could have be done. Before the search engine never worked but it works awesome now and that is all I use anymore. Can't remember the last time I created a thread come to think about. I too had concers within this issue as well and searched to fine MM thread which was more than enough help. You are right there are allot more on here that are ver knowedgeable too and if you searched you'd fine that out. There is a million ways to route the piping, etc and not one way is correct. Heck not sure exactly which way I'll EXACTLY do it but I know that I'll fine my answers in the old threads. When I dig up a good thread I usually pm myself the url so I don't have to do it later when I actually need it. Good luck and I hope that you find what you are looking for!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u even do a search?

holy crap...
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Restricted User

yes searching now , found tons of info , wish i could see more pictures.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

doesnt get much better than this...

Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

What does this make now? 4 separate threads about this?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think 5
Old 01-04-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i knew i wasnt imaginging things when i would read the same topic like on every other section
Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MECHAM
doesnt get much better than this...

This is how I have had mine setup for 6 yrs and never any measurable amount of oil in the catch can, just film. I also have a oil water separator and a small water separator also. They do catch some drops that the catch can does not from the vapor that escapes past, but it takes a very long time to accumulate and its mostly water. I use no oil between changes and I beat the snot out of it constantly. I dont see a reason for a more elaborate setup.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

This horse is dead! This topic has been covered over and over and over in both the external and FI section. There has been many different solutions for improving the PCV system. Use the search, the info is out there. There is no point in covering old topics. Unless there is a new better setup/solution, the locks will come out.

Keith

Quick Reply: LS6 valley cover mod, for better oil control with FI