Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Could have done H/C this winter, but bought this instead...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Could have done H/C this winter, but bought this instead...

My brother and friends won't stop giving me crap about how I'm gonna have the slowest car this year (although that may not necessarily be the case), but I saw this and just fell in love. Most of the guys on here probably won't appreciate it, but any guitarists will, and I know there are at least a few of them.

Regarding the car, if BlackScreaminMachine reads this, I need to wait for him to catch up this spring anyways, so I'm in no hurry on the new H/C setup when the one in my car is working just fine. Mickey Thompsons in a few weeks and I'll be ready to rock.

Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium - Light Burst - the nicest looking, playing, and sounding guitar I've ever picked up (and I've played a LOT)
Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome axe dude. I Love the LP's esp the premiums with the AAA top. I couldn't handle the price of the Gibbies but picked up an Edwards which I love.

Don't feel bad as your guitar will hold its value unlike mods.

Good Purchase!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a huge fan of the way they play, I like strats. They always look good though.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

your a loser and this guys agrees with me---->
Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice piece.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

I like sim city 4 its fun
Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

I enjoy Strats also---gotta get me a Les Paul also though..........
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Joe come on over and bring your credit card and in 15 minutes we can get exactly what you need to shut these jokers up
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nostang
Awesome axe dude. I Love the LP's esp the premiums with the AAA top. I couldn't handle the price of the Gibbies but picked up an Edwards which I love.

Don't feel bad as your guitar will hold its value unlike mods.

Good Purchase!
Thanks. Yeah, the worth 20 times as much when I retire part is good if I ever decide to sell it, unlike the car and mods, haha. I'm a musician by trade, so the guitar was the smart purchase either way. The car is just a "hobby", albeit an obsessive and expensive one, but I'm learning.
Originally Posted by motoo344
Not a huge fan of the way they play, I like strats. They always look good though.
My main guitar is an American Strat with some Seymour Duncan humbuckers, but I saw this one and couldn't turn it down. The pictures don't do it justice, plus it plays and sounds like a freakin dream.
Originally Posted by camaro1053
your a loser and this guys agrees with me---->
Ha, you just worry about getting those bigger injectors installed and some tires on the car or I won't have much to worry about from you this year.
Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Very nice piece.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by BoostnTBSS
I like sim city 4 its fun
Yes it is. I heard SimSocieties is terrible though, so I haven't bought it yet.
Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
I enjoy Strats also---gotta get me a Les Paul also though..........

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Joe come on over and bring your credit card and in 15 minutes we can get exactly what you need to shut these jokers up
Jay, you don't know how tempted I've been to take out the plastic and order up a set of TrickFlows, a nice BIG custom cam, and a big ol' nitrous kit for this year, haha. If I don't get into the grad schools I'm looking for and can find a decent band situation, that just might happen sometime soon. You'll be one of the first to hear about it......and Aaron won't hear it until it's coming out of my exhaust as I'm pulling away.

But like I said, no need to mod now when he hasn't even caught me yet. Gotta keep things interesting. We'll see what he has up his sleeve for this year and I'll respond accordingly.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Race your car!

All depends on how you want to go about it. Specialized has a shortblock for sale that would make for a perfect start for that power you're looking for.... if your situation's don't work out you should try calling him, see if you can work that out of him..... you put that thing on there and you can spray it with 200 all day long, I guarintee another 200 hp and there'd be alot of people watching your bumper dissappear.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
FormerVendor

a gibson les paul is just about the only thing i wouldnt mind seeing someone purchase over car parts. that is a beaut of a guitar, rip that **** up.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome guitar. I love the way Les Pauls look in that color. I'm a fellow Gibson owner

Don't let the guitar fool you though. I'm not that good, haven't even been playing for a year
I always wanted to learn though so I figure now I'm pot-committed.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
CARTEK Racing

Just like Jimmy Page

Kick ***!

What I wouldn't do to learn how to play well...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome guitar, I love the flame top look, and you can't beat an LP for tone. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with gold hardware and cream color binding, looks sweet and the tone is super thick.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

dont drop it.............
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

Hey everybody's got to have another hobby. F' them!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Regarding the car, if BlackScreaminMachine reads this, I need to wait for him to catch up this spring anyways, so I'm in no hurry on the new H/C setup when the one in my car is working just fine. Mickey Thompsons in a few weeks and I'll be ready to rock.

I got a rich father-in law, so we will see.

Also as per the other comment, I seriously doubt you could keep it a secret for that long, I know I will hear about it.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
a gibson les paul is just about the only thing i wouldnt mind seeing someone purchase over car parts. that is a beaut of a guitar, rip that **** up.

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Awesome guitar. I love the way Les Pauls look in that color. I'm a fellow Gibson owner

Don't let the guitar fool you though. I'm not that good, haven't even been playing for a year
I always wanted to learn though so I figure now I'm pot-committed.
Haha, thanks and nice SG you got there. Keep practicing and you'll get there!
Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Just like Jimmy Page

Kick ***!

What I wouldn't do to learn how to play well...

Originally Posted by Formula413
Awesome guitar, I love the flame top look, and you can't beat an LP for tone. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with gold hardware and cream color binding, looks sweet and the tone is super thick.
Thanks! Can't beat the sound of a Les Paul, and you can't beat the look or feel of this particular LP.
Originally Posted by Dskeet6
dont drop it.............
Ha! Good advice.
Originally Posted by waldershrek
Hey everybody's got to have another hobby. F' them!
Haha, if by hobby you mean 15 years of playing, 8 of private lessons, 4 years and a ridiculous amount of money spent at Berklee College of Music, a Bachelor's degree in Classical Composition (and rock/pop/jazz Guitar Performance), a near full time band, and a faculty position at a local music school, then I'd say yes, more hobbies like this one.
Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I got a rich father-in law, so we will see.

Also as per the other comment, I seriously doubt you could keep it a secret for that long, I know I will hear about it.
I'll come straight out and say it: I don't have any current plans for this year mod-wise except for a nice sticky set of MT slicks. And unless you've got plans for a full H/C setup or a big nitrous kit sometime soon, say 150ish shot or more, I'm not too worried. You guys may not have faith in me or the car, but I'm pretty sure traction is going to change that, especially considering the rather small amount of money I've spent on my car and mods for what I was able to do to it.

But we'll see what happens.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 01-23-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Race your car!

And if those tires don't do it, a set of 15 inch rims and a full bias ply will
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I've been thinking about what to get. I have a crappy set of 16" rims that I'm going to use strictly for the track, so I wanna get some Mickey Thompsons for them. Ron is getting rid of some old 16" tires that have little tread left on them, so he said I can have them to throw on the two I'll use for the front, then I just have to buy the MTs. Now, I'm trying to decide which ones to go with.

Option 1 - ET Streets (not the radial) - 26" x 10.5" x 16" to take full advantage of the 4.10s and MN12 tranny gearing

Option 2 - ET Streets (not the radial) - Could I go 28" even though they don't make a 28 x 10.5? Or would I have to go with the 27" x 10.5" if I wanted to go taller than 26"??? Either way, this would take away some of my gearing advantage from the tranny, but would probably help out a lot with traction.

Option 3 - I'm wide open to ideas at long as they use the 16" rims I have (I don't have the money for new wheels )

My thoughts are that if Ron goes 28" like he's talking about, then he'll have 4.10s MINUS some of that gearing advantage because of the 28" tires, but since I have the MN12 tranny gearing on top of the 4.10s, I could go 28" (or 27" if the 28s won't fit the wheels) and the tranny would negate any gearing advantage loss from the taller tires.

What do you think?