Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Corvette C6 destroyed by VA tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette C6 destroyed by NC tuner!

I had to share this so others can BEWARE of this tuner - I know several on this forum use this shop. Very sad!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211

Last edited by AlohaC5; 01-26-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAM is in N.C.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that, lawsuit lawsuit or burn down his building and tell him you don't have enough money to rebuild it... sorry man.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

um wow...

honestly if that was my car i wouldnt be able to control myself... i would prolly beat him almost upon death... i hope the car owner gets what he deserves... and honestly i see this shop owner never working on cars again... no one will want to bring there cars there... he'll be a tire and lube guy at a local jiffy lube at best, he should of handled it better.. paid the car owner in full right away quickly and quietly

p.s. i am going to post this in every forum i belong too...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well,I can see a car getting wrecked.Could happen to me anyday when tuning,but he the car was done and they let an employee take it for the weekend? That is just plain stupid.There bussiness insurance should be paying 100% of that loss,well if they have any.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Well,I can see a car getting wrecked.Could happen to me anyday when tuning,but he the car was done and they let an employee take it for the weekend? That is just plain stupid.There bussiness insurance should be paying 100% of that loss,well if they have any.

yes i agree.... it can happen to anyone but they should deff. work with the owner to get it straightened out...
Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would straight up put the business owner in the hospital if that happened to my car and he screwed me around.....actually, just knowing he let someone joyride is cause for a$$ beating. I hope the guy can recover his losses.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nostang
I would straight up put the business owner in the hospital if that happened to my car and he screwed me around.....actually, just knowing he let someone joyride is cause for a$$ beating. I hope the guy can recover his losses.

Feel free to drop your car off anytime matt ide love to take it for a spin hehe
Old 01-26-2008, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Wow ! This is assholism at its worst . I don't post on here much , but I do alot of reading and I've seen this tuner's name praised both here and on LS2GTO.com--If it was me I would have met the victim at the dealership and gotten him a new Vette the next day as a matter of honor...all you really have to sell at the end of the day is your good name and it looks like his is done for !
Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

OMG!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Launching!

Zoinks.

That sucks.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Regular

thats crazy thats why i have a big problem with taking my vehicles to get work done because its hard to trust anyone and this is a perfect example because the shop has good reviews and then this happens. makes you wonder what he has been doing with all the cars he worked on in the past. just this time he gets busted. it makes you really think about what every shop does with your car when your not there to watch them 24/7
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go above them and hassle his insurance(why deal with non insured shops?) or try and see if you can file a lien on them/legally nail them financially, that's generally my procedure. When its car stuff, who DOESN'T keep track of their odo?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 AM
9 Second Club

wow........................
Old 01-27-2008, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, that really sucks big time.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I don't care enough to read the whole thread on another forum... but I didn't see ANY documentation... just unsubstantiated rumors.

Frequently there is tuning for street manners that can't be done on the dyno, and gets done on the street. Doesn't sound like that was the case here, but I hesitate to make assumptions based on the internet rantings of a guy I don't know with one post on another forum.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
And I don't care enough to read the whole thread on another forum... but I didn't see ANY documentation... just unsubstantiated rumors.

Frequently there is tuning for street manners that can't be done on the dyno, and gets done on the street. Doesn't sound like that was the case here, but I hesitate to make assumptions based on the internet rantings of a guy I don't know with one post on another forum.
According to a follow on post in his thread, "The NC State Trooper accident report is dated 7:06 am. The accident happened 30 miles away from the shop in a different county(Wake County). Jeff's shop is located in Durham. His employee was in the process of taking his daughter to school..hence 2 head impressions in the windshield. The daughter walked away without a scratch from what I was told." I've never heard of a tuner conducting a street tune on a customers car with his daughter/son along for the ride at 7:00 in the morning 30 miles from the shop with no tuning gear....

The following excerpts from this guys post really grabbed my attention - the pictures speak for themselves re: documentation, and he has a copy of the NC State Police report for this incident - hasn't posted it yet, while he retains the services of a lawyer. Jeff has yet to respond to the threads posted on the forums, which is unusual and suspect. The guy said his car is totalled due to frame damage:

"On November 29, Jeff contacted me and said that an employee of the shop had a "little fender bender" with my car. The next day, he contacted me to say that the car was in poorer shape, but it could still be fixed. The body shop manager told me that he really did not know where to start on this car - it has about 40 to 50 thousand dollars in damage. His insurance only offered me payoff on my loan - and to himself providing free labor as long as I provide another car and buy all of the modification parts at my own expense.

Two months later, I have not seen any monetary provisions from Jeff for what he and Terry Coley (the mechanic who wrecked my car) did to my car. Also, what is really funny is that initially Jeff denied all responsibility and said Terry took the car without his permission. After Terry said that he would provide witnesses to Jeff telling him that he could take the car for the weekend, Jeff magically changes his story.

He told me that he often returns cars back to his customers with up to 500 miles put on them. I hope all of you knew this. By the way, Jeff's employee, Terry, was also given a ticket by the NC State Trooper at the scene of the accident for 'exceeding safe speed'." The pictures provided really talk to the extensive damage caused by this incident: http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...naautomasters/

Last edited by AlohaC5; 01-27-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

it's a shame this even made it to the forums.....
This guy had lots of time to make this right and now he's trying to weasel out of it....

This sentence was the best......

"However, this was never to occur, as on November 29, Jeff contacted me and said that an employee of the shop had a "little fender bender"
Old 01-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by corvetteandsilverado
thats crazy thats why i have a big problem with taking my vehicles to get work done because its hard to trust anyone and this is a perfect example because the shop has good reviews and then this happens. makes you wonder what he has been doing with all the cars he worked on in the past. just this time he gets busted. it makes you really think about what every shop does with your car when your not there to watch them 24/7
Dont compare what one shop does to other shops.

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 destroyed by VA tuner!