Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are dry kits bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 07:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are dry kits bad?

I need some advice again bad! I Just ordered(but can cancel) a NOS "dry" Kit. Then i was reading my GMHTP and it said that dry kits are sometimes unsafe and that wet kits are better. Can anyone verify if this is true? Should i get the wet or dry kit? Any suggestions on a brand? Thanks so much for the help!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:26 AM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Are dry kits bad?

You know the old saying, "Opinions are like ********, everybody has one." let that be your guide. On a more personal note I have a dry kit, I have a buddy that runs nothing but wet. Dry kits are safe at a reasonable level. On the other hand these stock pistons can't really hold alot of nitrous so there is always some debate on which kit is safer. Providing you go 125 or less there is little or no difference, Keep in mind that bottle pressure is the key. You MAY need to run 11-1200psi to make your dry kit hit hard but you will figure it out. Good luck

Stan
Old 07-09-2003, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

What i read in GMHTP said that "We have found that dry systems air inconsistent and generally unsafe as far as air/fuel ratio is concerned" because it injects through the MAF sensor. I just want to make sure i get the right kit. My car only has 20,000 miles and i dont want to smoke the motor! What do you guys think?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This has been one of the largest bebates for a long time.There will be people saying dry is better and people saying wet is better. I like the wet kits better.
With a dry kit you spray before the maff.The maff will tell your computer to add the extra needed fuel.The horse power gains are also not as large as a wet kit.But if you have a back fire it will be less violant.
With a wet kit you add the extra needed fuel with a solinoid.You will see bigger horse power gains.Most wet kits are rated at the rear wheel.Put a 150 shot in and get a 150 hp gain.
Decide wich one is better for you and spray away.
Dave
Old 07-09-2003, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

I am partial to dry kits myself and currently run a dual stage all dry through the MAF. Never had a MAF glitch. I have seen several friends have fuel noids go bad though. One as recent as two weeks ago. But I think the wet kits are for the most part very very safe as well.

As said above...if you stay at around 125 hp dry shot or less youll be just fine for running a basic kit. If you want a little more HP like a 150 shot with no extra modification you can go wet.
Either way....have fun.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Dry kits are the Devil! And I don't want you playin that Fooseball neither!

Dry kits are fine... as are wet kits... just your preference.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dry kits are the Devil! And I don't want you playin that Fooseball neither!

Dry kits are fine... as are wet kits... just your preference.
Damn you, Bobby Boucher!!!!

Either is fine, just follow the directions with the kit, and don't out-spray your fuel system. 125 shot or less with the stock fuel system is considered safe.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This has been one of the largest bebates for a long time.There will be people saying dry is better and people saying wet is better. I like the wet kits better.
With a dry kit you spray before the maff.The maff will tell your computer to add the extra needed fuel.The horse power gains are also not as large as a wet kit.But if you have a back fire it will be less violant.
With a wet kit you add the extra needed fuel with a solinoid.You will see bigger horse power gains.Most wet kits are rated at the rear wheel.Put a 150 shot in and get a 150 hp gain.
Decide wich one is better for you and spray away.
Dave
Horsepower is horsepower. No matter if it's dry, or wet, or a direct port, a true "150 shot" makes 150 horsepower. Also, I prefer dry myself!

Jeffrey