Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there any advantage to raceheader

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there any advantage to raceheader

Im just about to decide which headers i want and i just didnt no if there is any advantage to geting headers with or without the air hookups. If you have all the hookups it wont throw codes correct?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chevy0128
Im just about to decide which headers i want and i just didnt no if there is any advantage to geting headers with or without the air hookups. If you have all the hookups it wont throw codes correct?
Race style without hookups really cleans up the engine bay. I really see no reason to keep air hookups unless you need it for a visual inspection. And yes, if you keep the hookups it won't throw codes.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

If you're in CA then i would get the style with air/egr hookups, so that you won't fail inspections and get a royal kick in the nuts. I went with the race headers because my county isn't an emissions county and they basically just make sure my turn signals work
Old 02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah it depends on the type of inspection (if any) that you have to pass. The race style just cleans up under the hood by allowing you to ditch the EGR valve/piping and the AIR pump and tubing. This also lets you ditch a little unneeded weight at the nose. There's no performance advantage to getting the race style LT's.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well if you get the headers with the air hook ups then get an ory that would be pointless cause you wont be able to pass emissions without cats.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would get rid of the air system entirely if you can do it in your area. All the air pump does is pump outside air into the exhaust so a sniffer thinks the motor is burning cleaner than it actually is. It's really useless since the exhaust will be mixed with the same air once it exits the tail pipe anyway.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Launching!

ya i should probobly get the race style because i am getting an ORY . and as far as "tripps" which county are you talking about because i dont leave to far from college station and i might be needing a freindly inspection
Old 02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

the air injection is for startup. it pumps air into the exhaust for a couple minutes to heat your cats up quicker. if your getting an ory...then the air system will do nothing other than clutter your eninge bay. go with race style. if you know where garlyn shelton bmw is in college station, come on up. i have an inspectors license.