Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Its no LS1, but here are my plans for it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its no LS1, but here are my plans for it...

well im gonna do some performance mods, but nothing drastic, i want it to be fuel friendly. i wanna do pulley (start with a 3.4), headers (pacesetter), rockers(1.9), CAI (not sure yet), exhaust (3" Downpipe, 2.5" pipe to Dynomax Ultraflo muffler[s]), and tune (zzp PCM), and see where that gets me, then work from that a tad more. and of course lower it a bit.

as for apperence, the aftermarket for a buick regal, just isnt there like it is for a Grand Prix, so lots of "homemade" mods are gonna be goin down lol. like my headlights, have to be selfmade, so i think when i order a new set, ill brave tryin something with my old set, like takin off the lens and blackening the mirrored (crystal) part inside. painting the trim on the bottom part of my car from the beige it is now to a darker graphite metallic grey. of course tint the tails, and take of the pin striping.

im IN LOVE with C6Z rims, and WISH they would fit on my car, but they dont, so the next best thing will be applied and these are what are going on....

and basiclly take it from this....

to this....

a friend said "damn, from church granny car to biker granny car!"

this weekend im going to a friends paint shop to talk about what id need to do the painting stuff myself.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Teching In

oh and maybe a mild cam....
Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Launching!

sounds like a headache...this girl needs an f body someone hook her up cheap
Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

I'd sell her my brothers SS but he wont let it go
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
Thats been done.. Over and over again.
On The Tree

no offense...but why are u going to do all these modifications to a buick regal??? in terms of cam and headers...do u want this car to be fast at the track or something...as for the rims and painting stuff...i am jsut like why? keep it how it is and save ur money for a weekend car down the road and mod that thing...with the rims and paint stuff u did in photoshop or whatever u used, it does make the car look 100 times better...but is it really worth the dough thats coming out of ur pocket(for a buick regal)...cuz the stuff u listed is gonna take some heavy dough...i mean its ur car...do what u want...but i jsut wanted to throw my $0.02 out there...like u guys give a **** anyways

Last edited by cruiSSin LS1; 02-01-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
no offense...but why are u going to do all these modifications to a buick regal??? in terms of cam and headers...do u want this car to be fast at the track or something...as for the rims and painting stuff...i am jsut like why? keep it how it is and save ur money for a weekend car down the road and mod that thing
This man speaks the truth
Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

lmao, i am just laughing hysterically at the thought of spending upwards of 1 or 2k in a buick, dude just get what you really want, it sounds like you want another f body,
Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 PM

I back her not because she drives pretty much what I drive. But because of the insurance that she payed for her WS.6 when she had it, it was ridiculous. Granted that car she had before was ******* killer, but she needed something somewhat fast and familiar and for much cheaper. She's owned quite a few GTP's before, one of which was making 350 - 400 and would teach respect to stockish LS1 cars. Those lil 3.8 SC V-6's have quite a bit of potential, and are quite a bit cheaper to mod than an LSX.

True story.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

How does the insurance for a buick compare to a LT1 Impala SS like the one WS6maching(forgot his username)?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Viscious
I back her not because she drives pretty much what I drive. But because of the insurance that she payed for her WS.6 when she had it, it was ridiculous. Granted that car she had before was ******* killer, but she needed something somewhat fast and familiar and for much cheaper. She's owned quite a few GTP's before, one of which was making 350 - 400 and would teach respect to stockish LS1 cars. Those lil 3.8 SC V-6's have quite a bit of potential, and are quite a bit cheaper to mod than an LSX.

True story.
ok i see the point there...but heres another point.shes gonna spend 1500 on rims and tires..at least 500-1000 to paint the car and 3k on mods...thats about 5000$ on a buick regal..i dont want to sound like an *** but even if u spend 3000 cuz ur sure as hell gonna spend at least that even hooked up on the mods listed...u can buy a 82 raced out s10..now insurance on that is half the buick for sure!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/825762-s10-drag-truck-sale.html
Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouZt-5Ax44&feature=user It took me like 5 mins. to find this video.... 4xx lbs of tourque
Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

True story.
if that things even looked like a race car, i would agree, but.....it doesnt
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned Village Idiot

those rims and black trim make it look pretty good!!... maybe you should remove those side moldings
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
How does the insurance for a buick compare to a LT1 Impala SS like the one WS6maching(forgot his username)?
She bought this car for 5k, find me an impy SS that has 60,000 miles on it and was grandma owned/driven for 6k

ok i see the point there...but heres another point.shes gonna spend 1500 on rims and tires..at least 500-1000 to paint the car and 3k on mods...thats about 5000$ on a buick regal..i dont want to sound like an *** but even if u spend 3000 cuz ur sure as hell gonna spend at least that even hooked up on the mods listed...u can buy a 82 raced out s10..now insurance on that is half the buick for sure!
For the money she could build quite a killer track car, yeah. But the way that car drives and with the gas mileage it gets, I def wouldn't want an LS1 car for a DD if I had to choose between the two. Unless it was a CTS-V or something..

But at any rate, doesn't hurt to do some appearence mods. I wouldn't spend that much on wheels, but hey, its her ride. Might as well embrace that she wants to go fast and look good Not too many women like that these days.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Launching!

She bought this car for 5k, find me an impy SS that has 60,000 miles on it and was grandma owned/driven for 6k

For the money she could build quite a killer track car, yeah. But the way that car drives and with the gas mileage it gets, I def wouldn't want an LS1 car for a DD if I had to choose between the two. Unless it was a CTS-V or something..

But at any rate, doesn't hurt to do some appearence mods. I wouldn't spend that much on wheels, but hey, its her ride. Might as well embrace that she wants to go fast and look good Not too many women like that these days.

lol i understand...well kinda...i drive a s class mercedes as my daily..and my camaro gets better gas mileage than my benz..aint that a bitch..but yah it is her car she can do what she wants..it would be funny to see that car smoke lsx powered vehicles or any vehicle for that matter..buick has always been underestimated on their abilty to build a good car with alot of potencial..so im not doubting them. im just saying its a car i might drive to and from work as a commuter and have sumthing else for the weekend. i wouldnt have one problem with it if it was a grand national cause those cars are badass in a 360 degree way. her regal not so much. it has a motor that has potencial but at the same time my minivan has the same motor..just - the supercharger.the biggest problem that i see with the car and im sure everyone else thinks the same is the way it looks. it just doesnt look at all like a race car.or a sports car..just an opinon if that car reved up next to me even sounding like it had exhaust or engine work..i would turn the other way and leave."i dont need to put my self at risk of getting killed by whatever fool is driving that car or arrested for looking like im trying to street race"
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Teching In

yup, i do, but i dont need the insurance for one right now. so ill stick to my buick.

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
no offense...but why are u going to do all these modifications to a buick regal??? in terms of cam and headers...do u want this car to be fast at the track or something...as for the rims and painting stuff...i am jsut like why? keep it how it is and save ur money for a weekend car down the road and mod that thing...with the rims and paint stuff u did in photoshop or whatever u used, it does make the car look 100 times better...but is it really worth the dough thats coming out of ur pocket(for a buick regal)...cuz the stuff u listed is gonna take some heavy dough...i mean its ur car...do what u want...but i jsut wanted to throw my $0.02 out there...like u guys give a **** anyways
NONE taken, why? cause i can. why not? itd be the same as if i was modding a GTP or something else with an engine with a WIDE aftermarket. if i wanted a car to be fast on the track, id be a little more extreme on the engine mods. i want it to be quick. why rims? well why do you put rims on your car? and painting, cause i dont like the beige on it now, and if i can do it myself i will. when modding your own car you feel what youre doing is worth it right? that can be said for anyone modding their car. so because its a Buick Regal and NOT an LS1 powered car its not worth it to mod it? funny. and it wont cost "heavy" dough. lol ive modded L67's before, youd be suprised what 1k can do for this motor.

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
lmao, i am just laughing hysterically at the thought of spending upwards of 1 or 2k in a buick, dude just get what you really want, it sounds like you want another f body,
lol laugh if you will, its ok! of COURSE i want another fbody, but like i said before, i dont want the insurance right now.

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
if you can get me insurance on a V8 RWD car for under the 1100 im paying a year for this car, by all means show me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825762
LMAO!!! 500 to 1k on painting my trim?! uhm no! 3k in mods!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? no.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wsSIKK

Is there any front lips for this car? cuz the front end looks too high IMO....
Old 02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Teching In

^^ i honestly dont know, ive seen ONE regal with one, but i dunno where they got it and i cant recall where to go to find it again so i can ask...

lol i understand...well kinda...i drive a s class mercedes as my daily..and my camaro gets better gas mileage than my benz..aint that a bitch..but yah it is her car she can do what she wants..it would be funny to see that car smoke lsx powered vehicles or any vehicle for that matter..buick has always been underestimated on their abilty to build a good car with alot of potencial..so im not doubting them. im just saying its a car i might drive to and from work as a commuter and have sumthing else for the weekend. i wouldnt have one problem with it if it was a grand national cause those cars are badass in a 360 degree way. her regal not so much. it has a motor that has potencial but at the same time my minivan has the same motor..just - the supercharger.the biggest problem that i see with the car and im sure everyone else thinks the same is the way it looks. it just doesnt look at all like a race car.or a sports car..just an opinon if that car reved up next to me even sounding like it had exhaust or engine work..i would turn the other way and leave."i dont need to put my self at risk of getting killed by whatever fool is driving that car or arrested for looking like im trying to street race"
(in bold) and thats what i love most, and the 2nd reason why i got the GS instead of a GTP.

my previous GTP with a 3.25 pulley, cone filter, 3" exhaust and tune, and ported throttle body would take a stock TA (it was a 99, so it didnt have the LS6 intake). but even those mods arent 500$.

Last edited by wsSIKK; 02-01-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wsSIKK

if you can get me insurance on a V8 RWD car for under the 1100 im paying a year for this car, by all means show me.
do you like vettes
https://sales.geico.com/quote.do?GEN...4&cs=592384501
hopefully this link works
its not 1100 but just add 300