houston job search

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default houston job search

well the company i have been at for the last few years is going under. and the layoffs and job elimination started today. was called into the ofice for a meeting . needless to say my position no longer exists. so now im looking for another means of employment. be it part or full time. i was in charge of setting up,running and programming cnc mills & lathes . 2 years of experience there. and have a few years of mechanical skills as well. so if anyone has a opening or needs some shop help . let me know.

thanks in advance!

-Joe
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck on the search Joe. There are plenty of machine shops in your area. We may need some one full time. I'll pm you with details.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
Good luck on the search Joe. There are plenty of machine shops in your area. We may need some one full time. I'll pm you with details.
appreciate it man.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, I called you before I read this. Sorry to hear about it man. Gimme a call later if you're in the mood.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

My company might be able to help you, Joe. We have a direct hire division that has a person who solely specializes in various professional Industrial jobs. If you can fax/email me a resume monday I can pass it on to them.

(I work at Meador staffing lol. In case y'all didn't know. Been there a few weeks, now, and I LOVE the company. They rock at what they do!)

Just let me know and I'll give you the fax number. If you're out at Southside tonight or 2920 i'll give you a business card with the fax and email.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Nick K was looking for someone to help at his shop with some machines give him a shout.

J
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

thanks guys!

Kyle-ill be ok. i see it as more of a vacation from that place. lol i can actually enjoy all my toys and work on the 72 some more. lol

misstransam -thanks look forward to speaking with ya.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Joe my brother in law his a supervisor at this huge valve comp i can call him
or send me a pm with ur # I'll call u back
Old 02-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Teching In

There is a place in Pearland hiring CNC machinists. I will try to get you a company name but it is right off 35 next to Forest Park Cemetary. Do you have any welding experience?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you don't mind driving a long way from home I might have something for you here in a CNC shop. i'll PM more info.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Joe, I am looking for a receptionist/ secretary who can keep my car and truck clean! just kiddin of course

Hope you find what your looking for bro, good luck on the job search.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Pimp

Sorry to hear this Joe. After talking with you the other day I know it's not a huge surprise to you but I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time. Good luck man!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
Sorry to hear this Joe. After talking with you the other day I know it's not a huge surprise to you but I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time. Good luck man!
definately no suprise. knew the company was headed down the tubes.
i think ill be better off without all the b.s and the worry of job security!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
if you don't mind driving a long way from home I might have something for you here in a CNC shop. i'll PM more info.
how far is a long way. im still of bw 8 and i45 south. ive got my limits.

sbmz28- sorry no welding experience.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

barker cypress @ i10. its a 45 min drive if you take BW8. pay and benefits made it worth the while for me until i could move over here...now i run the place
Old 02-09-2008, 03:56 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
barker cypress @ i10. its a 45 min drive if you take BW8. pay and benefits made it worth the while for me until i could move over here...now i run the place
Easy Tag FTW!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Joe, I dont know you, but would be willing to talk about a position. I run a fab shop in La Porte. Doesnt sound like it is too far from you. I had a full time machienest on staff for a while but he , well lets just say he doesnt work here anymore.

We are not primarily a machien shop, we are a fab shop, but we have some lathes and an end mill. No C&C stuff.

If you are interested in talking just let me know.

LionelC
Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Man it looks like this is just going around to a few companies. Hit me all of a sudden this week too, like overnight.

Ive got pretty much the same experience Joe does, but I dont program, but I can make basic G-Code changes, offsets, set up and run. I Have little experience with lathes since the mills were what I always ran. Im also pretty mechanically inclined.

Not to hijack bro, but figured Id throw it out there since some people with leads are already looking at this thread.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
Man it looks like this is just going around to a few companies. Hit me all of a sudden this week too, like overnight.

Ive got pretty much the same experience Joe does, but I dont program, but I can make basic G-Code changes, offsets, set up and run. I Have little experience with lathes since the mills were what I always ran. Im also pretty mechanically inclined.

Not to hijack bro, but figured Id throw it out there since some people with leads are already looking at this thread.
looks like its hitting all the small shops. however i wouldnt necessarily blame it on the economy. in my situation . only one to blame was the owner of the company and his abilty to manage his money . had a bad spending habit. and spent it long before he ever made it. and never paid his bills. there was a few times when we went to lunch and i had to pay cause his cards would get declined due to being maxed out and him having 0 in the bank!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

My shop is off of Stuebner airline and 2920 by hooks airport. I have a positioin open that i think you would be very intrested in. Email me at Chris@lonewolfmfg.net and ill give you the details.

Be sure to include your capabilities.
Were in need of a programmer/ machinist.

im also looking for someone that knows fastcam and can run a burn table (ill pay a refferal on that one)

we have health insurance / 401k / aflac , the usual.