Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

trying to find the picture(s) of the firebird with side exhaust and porsche tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to find the picture(s) of the firebird with side exhaust and porsche tips

these tips

Attached Thumbnails trying to find the picture(s) of the firebird with side exhaust and porsche tips-0cb3_1.jpg  
Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please no...
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

already been done and looked good. i lost the pics though. anyone have them? its a member here
Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck, did you
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Doesn't look too bad...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/745089-restoring-99-t-true-fire.html
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Id go beyond that not looking bad and say it looks amazing... That is such a good job, it looks like an option the car was bought with rather than an aftermarket... Christ! I have a hard time keepin my headers tight to the heads and theres ppl out there doin **** like that with their exhaust... I say, if you can duplicate the quality of that car then go for it... It looks amazing!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keliente
Please no...
Thats right... the light at the end of the tunnel is the oncoming train...

Those tips look really, really cheesy. Like, wisconsin has nothing on that crap.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Well... Figured I'd just rehost the images of this already done... Cuz, I really dont understand that last comment... They are side tips... and if you can look at these pictures and say something about cheese or whatever it is you said... well then... I simply have no idea what is wrong with you and where your respect is for the creativity of others.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, I also wanted to add that this gives him true dual exhaust as well... and in a legal manner... Where as the only other "kit" that I know of is sold from Texas speed I believe... and It hangs so low its the most impractical thing you could do... as well as it being illegal in most states including mine and resulting in a failure of inspection since it dumps before the rear axle and directly under cabin space... sooo... I think this is a pretty good all around option!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Not to bad.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like it was very well done;however, I am simply not a fan of side exit exhaust on 4th gen cars.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Reminds me of a Roush mustang, if you want that style of exhaust- then you should probably get a mustang. Just like all the people that want that mustang exhaust sound with flowmasters. Its just my opinion though. With any of the birds, to me it looks stupid if you dont have exhaust filling in the gaps in the rear bumper- hell it was designed basically for that. But with the exception of the guys car above thats looks very professional, I couldnt see anyone else doing that though.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

So if you want side exhaust buy a stang? Get real... It looks good and deffentially creative... Id sport it
Old 02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
So if you want side exhaust buy a stang? Get real... It looks good and deffentially creative... Id sport it
+1 Mustangs aren't the only cars that can have side exhaust. New viper also has it. I think it lookds good. Personally I would have tried to tuck it up into the side skirt some mroe but still props for being creative and different and making it look good.

But when I think of side exhaust I think of C3 Vettes with the headers running right out to the side of the car right there to burn your legs!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:35 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.auctionlistservices.com/0.../slideshow.htm

Check out those trans ams from IROC. I wish that GM had paid the money to license a IROC Trans AM with that hood, front splitter / bumper, and side exhaust.

Those cars look so bad ***.
Here you can buy some front clips....

And here's the rear bumpers so that it doesn't look weird with no exhaust coming out...

And this is just sex... put on a nice set of wheels, drop it down a little....
Old 02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dexter
and It hangs so low its the most impractical thing you could do... as well as it being illegal in most states including mine and resulting in a failure of inspection since it dumps before the rear axle and directly under cabin space... sooo... I think this is a pretty good all around option!
Its only illegal if you get caught My true duals dump right before the rear axle on my camaro and I passed emissions 2 months ago. And in my 79 trans am when i had to go in for emissions, I had to put on some cats and rig some side exit exhaust right in the middle of both doors. It looked horrible and the emissions place didn't say anything on that one. even when they had to hook up the sniffer to it....... and it passed
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i already have a mustang with Roush side exhaust. i think it'll look good on a firebird too. i might even try it on my camaro. thinking of putting side exhaust on all of my cars..
Old 02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
So if you want side exhaust buy a stang? Get real...
BUT in my opinion- Firebirds are not supposed to have Side exhaust.....so yes- get a mustang....According to your sig You apparently HAD one and switched. Its JUST MY OPINION though.
Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
+1 Mustangs aren't the only cars that can have side exhaust. New viper also has it. I think it lookds good
The Viper- YES looks badass, the Roush Mustangs, YES looks decent, but on a bird- No thanks, I'll pass with mine.

Just my .02. Take it with a grain of salt and to each is their own. Good luck with it if you do it Jumpinthefire.com and make sure to post pics. Who knows, it might turn out to be a hit!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah yeah, heres the link to the other thread on this topic just to link it together for ya but to the OP you already know that.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/861214-i-came-up-idea-side-exhaust-firebirds-camaros.html
Old 02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

I think it would probably go better on a camaro instead of a TA, but that doesn't mean it can't look good...

Quick Reply: trying to find the picture(s) of the firebird with side exhaust and porsche tips