XM vs Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XM vs Sirius

Which do you like better for those with them? I have XM in the truck and I like it, but I've been told to get Sirius by other people. I am really tired of swapping CDs in the P-car so I'm going to install one or the other.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

I'm happy with XM. I've never heard Sirius so I can't say if its better or worse. All I know is its hard to listen to radio after getting used to satellite radio.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ncnumber8
I'm happy with XM. I've never heard Sirius so I can't say if its better or worse. All I know is its hard to listen to radio after getting used to satellite radio.
VERY true. I can't stand FM anymore, because there is so much more of a selection on satellite.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have XM and my roomate has Sirius. you can find good stuff on either, so i'd go with XM just to keep things uniform
Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sirius is hands down the better format. I have had both and Sirius has more of what I listen to. You can only get the NFL games on Sirius along with The Howard Stern show and that **** is f'n funny.. Another thing to keep in mind is Sirius is buying out XM they are going to merge with Sirius being the bigger shareholder..
Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I heard both, I have Sirius. I mainly listen to rock/hard metal and electronica/trance genres.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

ive heard both and sirius is way better! octane!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a buddy who had sirius. I have XM in my HHR, and i liked XM alot better. Preference i guess.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't matter they are both going to be the same company soon. I think sirius has better music stations, and they have the NFL. XM has just about every other sport, and they have funnier talk shows. Howard hasn't been funny in a long time.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

I've had XM since satellite radio was introduced. XM and Sirius are going to merge so it doesn't matter what you currently have as within a year or two both XM and Sirius subscribers will be able to listen to ALL XM and Sirius stations.

XM is where it's at. I've has people tell me to get Sirius but why? XM has a great channel line up and there's zero benefit changing over
Old 02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had both. Sirius is Much, Much better!!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6THZ28

XM is where it's at. I've has people tell me to get Sirius but why? XM has a great channel line up and there's zero benefit changing over
Thats why you should just get a Sirius reciever now .. Soon it will all be Sirius..If you like all types of rock then Sirius is best suited for you XM has one OK rock channel and thats the Boneyard..

And to the guy who said Howard has not been funny in a long time .. You have no since of humor... You must listen to Opie & Anthony and they suck...
Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, any show with some old egomaniac with some dumb lady who agrees with absolutely everything he says is great. And O&A do suck, that's why they have the job hoo-hoo wants, on satellite and terrestrial radio...
Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
I've had XM since satellite radio was introduced. XM and Sirius are going to merge so it doesn't matter what you currently have as within a year or two both XM and Sirius subscribers will be able to listen to ALL XM and Sirius stations.

They will not merge. It has been stopped by the FCC. It would be great if they did because both have great channel lineups. I have xm but listen to Sirius all the time in customers cars. Both have good stations both have bad. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. I like xm and have had no problems with the service or the channel lineup. I know that xm does the online thin for free if you are a subscriber. Not sure on sirius or if they allow you to listen online. I am sure they do. Either choice would be a good one, screw listening to local radio. Their channel lineup sucks because they are too cheap to pay royalities to play new songs. Most of the song have come out months before on satellitte radio. Good luck with your choice. Josh
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
They will not merge. It has been stopped by the FCC
That's news to me! Last I heard they were supposed to merge late last year ('07) and it never happened but I missed the fact that they're no longer going to merge at all! That sux.. I was looking forward to having twice as many channels to choose from!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can listen to Sirius online for free also... And they are still going to merge , the FCC is tying to prolong it as much as possible , if they are not allowed then they have a back-up plan XM will sell to Sirius and everyone from XM will keep there jobs.. I've been keeping up with this since the beginning..
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Yes, any show with some old egomaniac with some dumb lady who agrees with absolutely everything he says is great. And O&A do suck, that's why they have the job hoo-hoo wants, on satellite and terrestrial radio...
When is the last time you listened to the show ?
I listen everyday its on M-T and love whats been going on...

Howard does get on my nerves sometimes because of his ego , but the others and guests are worth it.. Oh and the prank calls ..
Old 02-10-2008, 02:48 PM
10 Second Club

Honestly it's been a while, last time I listened I wasn't impressed. And the prank call thing on radio is pretty lame, they are all fake, they aren't allowed to put someone on the air with out telling them first.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

They do the call 1st then ask permission (with $) then air it... So its real.. If the person says no they don't air it... How many years has it been since you listened to it ? since they are on Sirius they have gone off the wall.. No FCC to tame them..
Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I know that xm does the online thin for free if you are a subscriber. Not sure on sirius or if they allow you to listen online. I am sure they do.
I've heard that Sirius does the online thing too, but I don't know for sure.

I've always got XM streaming through my computer at work everyday

Can't live without it now and worth every penny