Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Trany mount replacement causing vibrations.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trany mount replacement causing vibrations.

I changed my trany mount cause the old one was worn out. I had a polyurathane and i replaced it with a poly as well. But now there is a weird vibration when i'm turning the car on and it gets even worse as the rpms get high. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe the engine mount needs to be changed now. Or the mechanic didnt put the trany mount on right. Either way i will take it back tomorrow I just thought someone might have an idea. Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 03:16 AM
Launching!

Psst... You just found out your motor mounts are worn out too...this happened to me and a buddy, new motor mounts in, vibration out.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I changed my trany mount cause the old one was worn out. I had a polyurathane and i replaced it with a poly as well. But now there is a weird vibration when i'm turning the car on and it gets even worse as the rpms get high. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe the engine mount needs to be changed now. Or the mechanic didnt put the trany mount on right. Either way i will take it back tomorrow I just thought someone might have an idea. Thanks
It's pretty common for people to complain about additional noise after installing the poly transmission mount. There is not much you can do about it unless the motor mounts are bad even then it's still going to be noisey.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Addict

Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm constantly suprised when people run out and replace their stock rubber tranny mount and engine mounts with Poly versions and then complain about the vibration - what did you think would happen?

Most of the time the poly mounts aren't even needed - they just install because others are doing it. I still have the stock ORIGINAL factory tranny/motor mounts in my TA with the HP/TQ in my sig and no problems - no vibration either.

Less deflection=more vibration/noise imparted thru out car

You can't have a stiffer handling car and expect it to ride like a caddy...

Same thing goes for those that complain about noise/vibration after installing the Spohn Tq Arm that utilizes a lever style poly front mount vs the sliding rubber bushing stock front mount.

There is always a trade-off somewhere when installing performance parts. That is why factory uses rubber instead of poly - because the normal buyer would complain about noise/vibration and report that the car is a POS