Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

weld magnum/alumastar valve stem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default weld magnum/alumastar valve stem?

WTF?
weld drills the hole .562 on their rear wheels.
all valve stems are .453 or .625.
i call weld, they dont make a valve stem to fit their wheels. jessica says noone does. she advised me to drill my wheel out to .625.
so odd.
pure BS, IMO.
why do they even drill a hole in it?
does anyone know of a trick, or a valve stem out there that weld doesnt know about?
drilling the wheel isnt an issue, but i have to buy valve stems anyway.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my rears used and they already had the bolt together type metal valve stems and when I ordered the fronts new I took them to Discount Tire and they had the same type valve stem on hand.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We drill ours to fit standard small ~7/16" seals, for the folks who use tubes, you drill them out to the larger diameter. Stems usually come with two adapter seals if you want to switch back to a tubless setup. Just drill it to 5/8". If there was no hole drilled to begin with...many may have a tough time starting a new hole possibly going to close to the bead surface making it tough to mount a tire or even go too close to the shells center.

Very nice high quality wheels that you purchased . In the future or for others interested, our designs are generally less expensive and can be built lighter. Our backspace options are far greater...easily going to 8" on a 10" wheel depending on the design.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
We drill ours to fit standard small ~7/16" seals, for the folks who use tubes, you drill them out to the larger diameter. Stems usually come with two adapter seals if you want to switch back to a tubless setup. Just drill it to 5/8". If there was no hole drilled to begin with...many may have a tough time starting a new hole possibly going to close to the bead surface making it tough to mount a tire or even go too close to the shells center.

Very nice high quality wheels that you purchased . In the future or for others interested, our designs are generally less expensive and can be built lighter. Our backspace options are far greater...easily going to 8" on a 10" wheel depending on the design.
if i was looking for every last pound, i would have went with a bogart. im sure the service FAR EXCEEDS weld. matter of fact, i know it does. lots of bogarts floating around street and track in my area with zero complaints.
i love the look of the magnums, and its the only reason i purchased them.

comming from a wheel guy.....i bet you wouldnt drill a hole in your wheel that didnt fit anything.
its lil things like this, along with waiting for them since november, that really get me.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont know what to tell you as far as the valve stem, but be sure to get some pictures when they are on!!!! Ive always wanted to see some F bodies with alumastars or magnums!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TJ,

Totally understood. The wheels you have are a VERY nice high-quality wheel and from a comparison...is very close. I tell folks all the time, if you like the way one of their high-end wheels look, get them...you won't be disatisfied with the results and quality of the wheels.

I'm not sure what to say about the valve stem holes, it is odd they are drilled to the size you suggested. It's a very minor issue though for the nice wheels you have.

Regarding the comments to our Bogart products, I only want others to see comparisons...since I'm not representing weld...I need to at least make a comparison to our Bogarts for others. It's refreshing to point out that our wheels are not the most expensive wheels on the market by any means. Ours are even custom built to the application.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Camaro396
I dont know what to tell you as far as the valve stem, but be sure to get some pictures when they are on!!!! Ive always wanted to see some F bodies with alumastars or magnums!
mine is an 88, if you like a cereal box with bling bling wheels.
LOL.
ill be sure to post pics once i get them mounted.

Quick Reply: weld magnum/alumastar valve stem?