Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

May have to put the entire stable up for sale..

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default May have to put the entire stable up for sale..

Ouch..

Well, got myself in a little bit of a jam here, and I'm pretty much at critical mass stage. Long story short, I took a gamble on my job situation and it didn't pan out like I hoped, so now I'm unemployed and kinda stuck.

I think I can survive for about another couple weeks before I don't have any other choice but to start liquidating. I'd sell the GTO first, but it dropped in value so fast that I'm upside down on it, so I'd have to sell one of the others first, then sell it. Maybe I could end up with one left after that... would prefer it to be the WS6 if it's any of them.

Kinda sucks.

So I'm thinking like $12K for the WS6 and $10K for the Formula without the wheels... dunno if those are good prices but they seem about right to me.

Oh, and if anyone knows of any companies that are hiring for Tech Support / IT guys, let me know... I really gotta get something going here.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There any military bases around you? I would check there if that's an option
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Zeke,
Ouch is right. It would be a shame to split up the purple gang. I'll keep my ears open.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
There any military bases around you? I would check there if that's an option
Military bases?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Tails
Zeke,
Ouch is right. It would be a shame to split up the purple gang. I'll keep my ears open.

Well, it's definitely going to be split up this year... at least the GTO is going to be leaving the nest to join a new home... I'd love to keep the 'Birds around, but like I said... at this point I might not have a choice.

My original plan was to sell the GTO after I sold my house... but even that is stalled at the moment due to funding.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know how far you want to drive but it seems like contractors for Lewis and McCord are always looking for IT folks. May want to check out www.cpol.army.mil also thats the gov't site and they are always looking for IT guys. I'm assuming you are a U.S citizen as most of them its a requirement. If you check out cpol's site make sure to use the resume builder as gov't jobs hiring and resume's are a little different. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea, im in the Navy and whenever something breaks and we need help fixing it...civilians are the people we call. You do IT stuff, and thats the heart of a base really. Without all the IT **** working, the base would go into limp mode. And for some reason the military thinks its cheaper to have civilians working for them instead of having the people they trained to do the job, actually do it.

Ok, im done ranting. But I would check into it. Alot of people that work on bases are civilians that are contracted out.

usajobs.com is a good website and there are a few others like it too. I dont know if you have a security clearance, but that will help too
Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Don't know how far you want to drive but it seems like contractors for Lewis and McCord are always looking for IT folks. May want to check out www.cpol.army.mil also thats the gov't site and they are always looking for IT guys. I'm assuming you are a U.S citizen as most of them its a requirement. If you check out cpol's site make sure to use the resume builder as gov't jobs hiring and resume's are a little different. Good luck.
Yeah, that's a little too far for me to drive. That would be a 2 hour commute in peak traffic.

And yes, I'm a US citizen and a Navy veteran... but I dunno if I can work for the gubmint.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Yeah, that's a little too far for me to drive. That would be a 2 hour commute in peak traffic.

And yes, I'm a US citizen and a Navy veteran... but I dunno if I can work for the gubmint.
The money and benefits are usually pretty good. My bad cpol is just army bases, www.USAjobs.gov is all gov't jobs not just army. The drive would be a kick in the nuts though. Good luck hope you find something before you have to get rid of the toys.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:20 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
The money and benefits are usually pretty good. My bad cpol is just army bases, www.USAjobs.gov is all gov't jobs not just army. The drive would be a kick in the nuts though. Good luck hope you find something before you have to get rid of the toys.
Yeah, on the CPOL site I found 1 whole job in my field, and the description is so cryptic I can't even tell if I qualify... LOL..

Can't say I miss the military, that's for sure.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

So move, working for the Government is the best job on the planet, Job security, I had a real job when I got out of the Navy. It sucked. Period. Subase hires guys like you big time at good pay.
Maybe you don't want to move but really what is a better option?
Working for the Government is nothing like being in the Navy.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, on the CPOL site I found 1 whole job in my field, and the description is so cryptic I can't even tell if I qualify... LOL..

Can't say I miss the military, that's for sure.
Just make the resume just as cryptic and you'll be fine. They post jobs all the time so you have to check pretty often. Its the gov't so its kinda dry at times and flooded at others. You know the oh **** we don't have what we need, no wait we have too much. It never changes. Just trying to help man.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
So move, working for the Government is the best job on the planet, Job security, I had a real job when I got out of the Navy. It sucked. Period. Subase hires guys like you big time at good pay.
Maybe you don't want to move but really what is a better option?
Working for the Government is nothing like being in the Navy.
Okay, I guess I'll have to say it again...

I want to move more than you could possibly know.. but I can't move until I sell my house. Can't sell the house until I complete a couple projects... can't complete the projects until I have money... can't have money until I have a job or start selling cars. Not to mention that I'd need money to move and don't have it.

Make sense?

I want to move big time... but I also need to stay fairly close to Seattle.

I ain't gonna pee in a cup for anyone, either. I told myself when I got out of the Navy I was never doing that **** again.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 02-27-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You only have to pee once that is it to get in. I never have to pee ever again.
The unfortunate thing is alot of places make you pee now a days.
Nothing wrong with being being drug free and working with folks who are, but to each their own.

I missed the you wanted to move part.

What projects do you need done? I have been told I am home improvement Jesus.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
You only have to pee once that is it to get in. I never have to pee ever again.
The unfortunate thing is alot of places make you pee now a days.
Nothing wrong with being being drug free and working with folks who are, but to each their own.
If that's what a **** test actually proved, I'd have to agree with you, but there are so many ways to beat it that you never know, not to mention that there are a lot of drugs it can't detect. Personally, I think it's little more than a violation of my privacy.

I missed the you wanted to move part.

What projects do you need done? I have been told I am home improvement Jesus.
Exterior painting and a bathroom remodel... been waiting on weather for the painting, and the bathroom remodel.. well, we have the expertise to do it, just need to the money to pay for it all..
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Sent an inquiry to our IT dept. If there is anything it may not be much but it might hold you over while something better comes along.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:48 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Well, I registered on USAJobs and posted my resume. Again, I can't even tell if I'm qualified for any of the jobs listed, some of them don't even say what the job is. How people get through this mess is beyond me.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

The govt will pay for you to move too.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
The govt will pay for you to move too.
Yeah, but the question is... to where, other than somewhere I don't wanna live?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dan works for the Gov as well hes an Active Reserve Trainer or what ever you want to call it.

He makes a pretty good sum of money I mean look at the cars we got. (yea I know I bitch about not being able to fix my car up & get it ready for the track but thats me having to pay for it)

Quick Reply: May have to put the entire stable up for sale..