Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis and 315's?? compatible ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hotchkis and 315's?? compatible ?

Title says it all? Will it work or will it rub, need to bend in fenders slightly?

Anyone has this.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

TTT

Im really looking for if someone has the Nitto's 315 with a "1 inch" lowering spring?

I dont want to roll the inner fender. Has anyone done it?

How is the ride? (compared to stock)?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

the previous owner of my car had 11" wheels out back, and I am using the same springs he installed, and my fenders are not rolled

he was using nittos in the rear by the way
and the wheels were fikse fm5s
Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Ok, cause I have 315/35/17's out back.

Im hearing both, ill have to roll just the inner lip or that I can get away with doing nothing.

Im looking to do the Bilsteins, Hotchkis 1 inch w the 315's...
Im hoping it will fit and the ride will suitable ( a little stiffer is to be expected).

Have I got this right?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all depends on the wheel, but I have a buddy with 11in TTII's Hotchkis springs and BFG drags and he doesn't have any issue with the fender. They do rub the inner fender during hard cornering alittle.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I have 315 nittos in the back along with the 50mm zr1 wheels, 17x11. I went with a spacer so I could clear my bumpstops. You could probably avoid rolling your rear fender if you don't use the spacer and just concentrate on BFH on the inside. You will need to hammer that. You will also need to take into account that your bumpstops will be in the way a little bit.

In any case, no two cars are different. I could have gotten away with not rolling the outer fender probably though if I didn't use a spacer. It might be different for others though.

I am on stranos which is about a 1.2 inch drop. The clearance issue is mostly on the sides though, not so much up top. You travel as far as the bumpstop anyway no matter if you are on stock springs or stranos. That's something that most people I don't think realize because there's a lot of questions about that. With the bumpstop gone, then you might want to ask the question.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, it can be done. Be prepared to do a LOT of hammering on your inner fender wells, roll your outer fender lips, and make sure your rearend is perfectly centered. Even after all that, mine still rubbed when the axle got skewed (like turning into a driveway, for example). I eventually traded my rims and tires for a set of 17x9.5" Fikse FM5's on all four corners.

You'll probably be just fine with the Nittos. The Goodyear GSD3's I ran seem to be the widest 315 on the market. I loved the way they performed, but for the price, I couldn't stand hearing them rub.

Of course, I'm about to sell them and buy another set of wheels with 17x11" rears...so maybe I'm not so smart.

Good luck finding Bilsteins. They've been on back order since some time last year.

-Mike
Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Hey Chupr0kabra,

what springs are you running?
Ive decided to go with the Hotchkis so that after the settling to 1.2", it should be good.

I bought my bilsteins from a friend who had them on his car for maybe 5k miles, if that. They are fine and got them cheap.

I just my friends 99 SS who has the 315s out back with the sportlines. they fit but on a bump will rub.

Hotckis will lower 4x4 looking camaro just enough for that good stance. With my true duals, I think it'll be a perfect match.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Hotchkis.

-Mike
Old 02-29-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dansean1
Hey Chupr0kabra,

what springs are you running?
Ive decided to go with the Hotchkis so that after the settling to 1.2", it should be good.

I bought my bilsteins from a friend who had them on his car for maybe 5k miles, if that. They are fine and got them cheap.

I just my friends 99 SS who has the 315s out back with the sportlines. they fit but on a bump will rub.

Hotckis will lower 4x4 looking camaro just enough for that good stance. With my true duals, I think it'll be a perfect match.
Has your friend with the sportlines done the proper modifications to fit the 315's? If not then he will probably rub. If the stock bumpstops are intact, then my theory is he shouldn't rub as long as he's done the right modifications to fit the wheels.