LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone ever try one of these muffler delete pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone ever try one of these muffler delete pipes?

I was just looking around on eBay the other night and came across this muffler delete pipe. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI. I was just going to get a Flowmaster 80 series muffler to give my car a little sound, since it's going to be a while before I have enough for my whole LT's and True Duals setup, and my car's just too quiet right now. I was just wondering if anyone has seen/tried one of these out before.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine had one on his camaro, it sounded pretty good but I would have to think it would not flow very well because of how it directs the exhaust right in to the side of the other pipe.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Probably doesn't flow any worse than your average crossflow muffler though. I just basically want it for sound, anyways. I would just go with the cutout uncapped all the time, but it's way too loud and the interior resonance is horrible, since it's right under the passenger seat. Plus, I only like the sound of the cutout at WOT.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea I will admit it did sound pretty good. The sound was almost just like the SLP LM1
Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mvvette97
yea I will admit it did sound pretty good. The sound was almost just like the SLP LM1
Did you friend have a cat on his Camaro? Do you know if he has any sound clips of it somewhere?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea he had cats on it. I'm sure he doesn't have any sound clips because he didn't have the car very long. At that time I had the SLP Loudmouth on mine and I had cats also and they sounded alike. Yours has the LT1 so this vid is about what yours will sound like..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_RSpQJloo
Old 03-02-2008, 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mvvette97
yea he had cats on it. I'm sure he doesn't have any sound clips because he didn't have the car very long. At that time I had the SLP Loudmouth on mine and I had cats also and they sounded alike. Yours has the LT1 so this vid is about what yours will sound like..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_RSpQJloo
Kinda raspy, but not too bad, I guess. It's already pretty raspy anyways. I think that once I get a few things sold, I may go ahead and order the pipe to test it out. I mean, it's only $40. If I don't like it, I guess I could live with the sound of my current system for another few months or more. And I could probably just resell it to someone on here if I don't like it also.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would just get a cutout for 40 bucks and you can close it and open it when you want and it will be better flowing than that
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Teal94Z
i would just get a cutout for 40 bucks and you can close it and open it when you want and it will be better flowing than that
I have a cutout, but it's too loud and the interior resonance sucks, with it being right under my passenger seat. And like I said, it sounds like crap and rattles everything with normal driving.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tspence45
I have a cutout, but it's too loud and the interior resonance sucks, with it being right under my passenger seat. And like I said, it sounds like crap and rattles everything with normal driving.
thats why i have mine in the back of the i pipe its still loud but not to loud for me at least plus i still have a cat on, and i also dont like the way Slp's sound, to raspy
Old 03-02-2008, 03:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Teal94Z
thats why i have mine in the back of the i pipe its still loud but not to loud for me at least plus i still have a cat on, and i also dont like the way Slp's sound, to raspy
Yeah. I think my exhaust that I have now may be raspier than the SLP systems. But, it's quieter. I just hate how quiet it is. I can never hear my exhaust if the cutout is capped. I figured I wouldn't have any problems hearing the exhaust since I have headers and no cat. But, I was wrong.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Im lovin my slp

Quick Reply: Anyone ever try one of these muffler delete pipes?